Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-16-2023, 03:22 PM   #1
icemantbi

Racing Dudes Picks

Has anyone subscribed to Racing Dudes premium picks? I have been tracking their free premium picks and it seems like they do decent. Wondering if its worth the high cost for the premium package.

I love horse racing, I am not new to the sport, but I can't pick my way out of a paper bag. Apart from hitting a couple of Pick 5's (close to 2K together) I always lose. So I am always looking for good picks
icemantbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-19-2023, 08:37 AM   #2
Gorrex

Sadly no picks are ever worth buying.

If they were worth buying they would make more money betting them than selling them.

Alternatively look for good handicappers and take some hints from them but still don't play their picks.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager

Last edited by Gorrex; 02-19-2023 at 08:51 AM.
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2023, 08:45 AM   #3
turfeyejoe

Pro picks

I primarily use several handicappers' free picks to identify horses with high morning line odds that will be overbet. If 3 or 4 handicappers have an 8-1 ML horse as their first or second choice, I immediately can tell that horse will be an underlay and avoid it.
turfeyejoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2023, 09:22 AM   #4
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfeyejoe View Post
I primarily use several handicappers' free picks to identify horses with high morning line odds that will be overbet. If 3 or 4 handicappers have an 8-1 ML horse as their first or second choice, I immediately can tell that horse will be an underlay and avoid it.
One of my favorite tools!!!! Too many "wise guys" touting a horse means there are no wise guys.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2023, 09:30 AM   #5
Gorrex

Ya that side works. Avoiding overtouted horses is always a good idea.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-21-2023, 04:07 AM   #6
deelo

I think they're good handicappers but the problem is picks are no good if the customer doesn't bet em right. These guys often post personal winning tickets after the fact that don't match up to what they gave their customers and that's a problem.
Old 03-05-2023, 09:41 AM   #7
Aerocraft67
Enthusiast

Racing Dudes come up when I search for podcasts but I haven't taken the time to hear them out. Would like to hear someone's take on them. Seems they've stuck around longer than a fickle hobbyist.

I enjoy hearing out analysis from credible public handicappers. Willing to consider looking beyond the obvious track analysts and DRF. I'm all for alternative voices, but it's sort of like spending 45 minutes trying to decide what to watch on Netflix because your time is so precious.

Agree with not taking picks at face value and even considering them a contrarian indicator. But kind of want to stick up for well-meant, transparent public handicapping.

I'd even argue that failed pick backed by thoughtful analysis is worth more than a zillion picks, most of which you'll not be betting, that net out to a slim profit. Sort of like timing the market, surely you'll miss the scores that make the profit.
Aerocraft67 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: