Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #76
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpitt84
watching smith's Press conference..so sad.

"its my fault. she should have won."
Oh man, I was afraid of this. Mike is NOT to blame (wow bad word to pick lol) Any horse that wins like Zenyatta is a champion!!!
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:48 PM   #77
gm10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I have to agree completely. And this nonsense of how Mike Smith has now ruined her. Where do people get this crap from?

I thought EVERY HORSE WAS UNIQUE...an INDIVIDUAL. Who knows how she will react...we'll probably never know, but to assume Mike Smith just destroyed her is the height of lunacy.
No horse wants to get whacked about. When it happens 20 times in a race, chances are she'll fall out of love with the game.
gm10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:49 PM   #78
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm10
No horse wants to get whacked about. When it happens 20 times in a race, chances are she'll fall out of love with the game.
Maybe had she been tested against real horses this wouldn't have been necessary.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #79
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I thought it was the lights?
Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 PM   #80
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick6
So you say it, then it's true? Thanks.
This was very helpful. I see where this is going, and I'm quite fine with it actually.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #81
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Lame. You know who gave up a lot of ground? Goldikova.

Zenyatta did not give up a lot of ground. Zenyatta ran her race and got her pace. My only thinking is she broke horribly slow, even for her.

Perhaps if her connections weren't so (dare I say) cocky, they would have brought her into Churchill for a race BEFORE the Breeders' Cup Classic, and today's finish would have been reversed...she actually looked like she didn't know where she was early on...
Your bottom comment is right on and Smith said as much.It was right there to see.It was like she didn't know what was underneath her feet for just over a 1/4 mile.Mike wasn't pulling her up but she was clopping along and putting her head up until they hit the turn and she started to hit stride.It looked very awkward and he weaved his way through traffic very smoothly I thought.A little more experience and training on the surface and this never happens.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:51 PM   #82
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick6
So you say it, then it's true? Thanks.
I told PA I personally think she broke exactly like she has all year. I'll have to watch replays. However, with her style, there is no way to know if it mattered in the least even if it was slow.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:52 PM   #83
toussaud

she broke like normal but she was unusually far back even for her. she was pretty dang far back.
toussaud is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by toussaud
she broke like normal but she was unusually far back even for her. she was pretty dang far back.
Maybe I should clarify...she seemed to be running a helluva lot more slowly than usual in the first quarter mile.

Almost looked like it was going to be Life At Ten all over again for a moment there...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #85
Light
Veteran

She is simply the best. I don't know any other horse,male or female in the history of the sport that can be over 20 lengths behind against the best Grade 1 horses and lose by only a nose. Immortal.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #86
Pick6

Quote:
This was very helpful. I see where this is going, and I'm quite fine with it actually.
Me also. Thanks again.
Pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:55 PM   #87
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
Zenyatta got beat by a better horse today. However, her connections have nothing to be ashamed of.

Jim
Exactly!
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #88
Pick6

Quote:
Maybe I should clarify...she seemed to be running a helluva lot more slowly than usual in the first quarter mile.

Almost looked like it was going to be Life At Ten all over again for a moment there...
But she did not give up too much ground early on.
Pick6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #89
Charli125

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
Goodness. She got the perfect trip.......The now-famous Zenyatta trip: perfect for her is the trip she usually gets, which is to lose contact with the field for 12+ lengths. THAT is her running style.
It was the standard trip Z trip until she had to go around a bit of traffic. Not saying it was a bad trip, it certainly was not. Just that it wasn't perfect, and she needed an absolutely perfect trip to win today. The start didn't have anything to do with the result IMO, and she got a good trip, but it could've been better.
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #90
delayjf

Quote:
but the trip was good.
IMO it was not a horrible trip, but he did run into traffic entering the stretch and lost enough momentum working her way outside to make at least one foot of distance. Blame on the other had a perfect trip was able to run unimpeded the length of the stretch. Blame definitely showed heart holding Zenyatta off, reminded me of Sunday Silence.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply