Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-16-2018, 09:35 PM   #46
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Poop Maps?

The land of Pelosi!
I lived in the great state of pooptopia for many years before I joined the military. I will never return.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2018, 08:53 AM   #47
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Whining? Who me? I call it ,"Truth Telling".
And the truth of the matter is that nothing will ever change until the Income Tax is abolished.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #48
Clocker

A pleasant little bike ride through Orange County.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:23 PM   #49
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

http://www.politifact.com/california...overty-rate-w/

Anybody who actually wants to believe that making $25K in Los Angeles (or anywhere in CA) is the same as making $25K in any city/town in Mississippi, is exactly the anybody I want betting into horse racing wagering pools.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2018, 04:36 PM   #50
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
http://www.politifact.com/california...overty-rate-w/

Anybody who actually wants to believe that making $25K in Los Angeles (or anywhere in CA) is the same as making $25K in any city/town in Mississippi, is exactly the anybody I want betting into horse racing wagering pools.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:24 AM   #51
upthecreek

Ilegal voter Registration

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/23...nt-voting.html
upthecreek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 08:12 AM   #52
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
Feng said the main goal of the new registration process is to make it easier for people who are eligible to vote to register. “There are 5 to 6 million eligible voters in California who are not registered to vote,” Feng said.

The above blows my mind, it is already so easy to register to vote in California it isn't funny. Months before elections almost every large supermarket has "register to vote" stations out front. If you register to vote by mail your application is approved so fast there is no way it was properly vetted. Democrats are pushing to get more illegals voting plan and simple.

After 30 years of voting in California I moved to Virginia. Major difference, first instead of getting approved registering by mail in the matter of a week it took over a month to get a rejection notice claiming I skipped a question about mental health. I had to reapply. At the polls in California you state your name without producing I.D. they turn a long print out of addresses toward you and point and ask "Is this you?". Answer yes and they cross through that name and hand you a ballot. In Virginia after being found on the rolls you have to hand someone your driver's license and recite your name and address exactly how it appears on it, they also look at you to see if the picture is you. After what seems like a minor grilling you are handed a ballot.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #53
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Feng said the main goal of the new registration process is to make it easier for people who are eligible to vote to register. “There are 5 to 6 million eligible voters in California who are not registered to vote,” Feng said.

The above blows my mind, it is already so easy to register to vote in California it isn't funny. Months before elections almost every large supermarket has "register to vote" stations out front. If you register to vote by mail your application is approved so fast there is no way it was properly vetted. Democrats are pushing to get more illegals voting plan and simple.

After 30 years of voting in California I moved to Virginia. Major difference, first instead of getting approved registering by mail in the matter of a week it took over a month to get a rejection notice claiming I skipped a question about mental health. I had to reapply. At the polls in California you state your name without producing I.D. they turn a long print out of addresses toward you and point and ask "Is this you?". Answer yes and they cross through that name and hand you a ballot. In Virginia after being found on the rolls you have to hand someone your driver's license and recite your name and address exactly how it appears on it, they also look at you to see if the picture is you. After what seems like a minor grilling you are handed a ballot.
The Kalifornia procedures actually invite dishonest responses. I wonder if the state is so footloose, free and fancy when passing out money to welfare applicants. Might be...though...'cause I heard through the grapevine that that mighty fine state is broke.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #54
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The Kalifornia procedures actually invite dishonest responses. I wonder if the state is so footloose, free and fancy when passing out money to welfare applicants. Might be...though...'cause I heard through the grapevine that that mighty fine state is broke.

I also found it odd they had signs at polling places in California in Spanish that said "Votar Aqui" Last I checked you were supposed to be a USA citizen to vote. Are you trying to tell me they don't expect a citizen of the USA to know what "Vote Here" means? When I traveled to Mexico I made sure I knew how to understand and say simple phrases in Spanish and I was just an occasional visitor.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-24-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #55
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
I also found it odd they had signs at polling places in California in Spanish that said "Votar Aqui" Last I checked you were supposed to be a USA citizen to vote. Are you trying to tell me they don't expect a citizen of the USA to know what "Vote Here" means? When I traveled to Mexico I made sure I knew how to understand and say simple phrases in Spanish and I was just an occasional visitor.
So who did you vote for when you were in Mexico?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #56
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I lived in the great state of pooptopia for many years before I joined the military. I will never return.
Where? It took me almost 50 years to escape from California living all of them in So Cal. The bulk of my adult life I lived in Riverside, but I spent a couple years each in Hemet, San Clemente, Lake Arrowhead, and Hacienda Heights.
Old 01-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #57
GaryG
Unreconstructed

I lived in Arcadia for several years in the 70s and 80s when you had to be at the track to bet. It was not that bad then. The late Milo Valenzuela was one of my neighbors. My son and I hiked in the mountains and the beach was an hour's drive.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:25 PM   #58
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
I lived in Arcadia for several years in the 70s and 80s when you had to be at the track to bet. It was not that bad then. The late Milo Valenzuela was one of my neighbors. My son and I hiked in the mountains and the beach was an hour's drive.
Arcadia is not the typical California city. From Wikipedia:

In 2016, Arcadia was ranked the 5th most expensive housing market in the United States by Business Insider, with an average list of $1,748,680 for a four-bedroom home.

Your California experience is not typical.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-24-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #59
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Unfortunately, no one ever made English the official language. Those signs are en Nuevo york as well. Bullshit.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-25-2018, 06:15 PM   #60
zico20

How about this idiotic decision. I still do not believe it, but then again it is California so anything is possible. Could it really come true.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/01/...olators-fined/

Waiters giving out straws will now get up to a thousand dollar fine and or six months in jail.

Last edited by zico20; 01-25-2018 at 06:17 PM.
zico20 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: