Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 01-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #76
punteray

Results

Thanks for the reply!!! Nother question

I have put some data files into the tsn1 folder but I do not have results for these files. Will the program work without them?

Punteray
punteray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2011, 02:03 PM   #77
hcap

ALLData batch it is designed to work either way. Running with results will produce an output file to be imported into the database page sheet C in the ALLData base.

Running without results will produce an output file to be imported into sheet 2 in the ALLData base for use as a daily playing program.

A "1" typed in cell E110 on the main sheet will put ALLData batch into the daily mode. No results. When the program finishes running, (depends on he number of data files it processes), clicking the "OUTPUT" button will create and store a file in your results directory. ALLData base detects whether it is a database file or a daily file and imports it to the correct location.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2011, 02:11 PM   #78
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by punteray
Thanks for the reply!!! Nother question

I have put some data files into the tsn1 folder but I do not have results for these files. Will the program work without them?

Punteray
I assume you're still referring to AllDataBase. If you are trying to do research in the database then you have to have results for that research.

AllData NI works without results, for handicapping and processing race cards for use in the database for the "DAILY PLAY" method.

So, if you haven't processed race cards and results for those race cards, the database will not be of any use to you, because you need results in order to do your research and develop your "setups" or "models". Those "setups" can be named and saved and then recalled later to be used to develop plays for new race cards that you want to play "live" and make wagers.

I hope I haven't confused you even more than you were, if so, ask more questions ---

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #79
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Harry,

Did you get the email I just sent about the error I'm getting in the "IMPORT DAILY" macro? Don't know if I failed to follow all the steps or if it's a bug in the macro.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #80
hcap

Yes, just sent. I suspect erasing stuff on sheet 2 might be the case. It is not necessary at the moment at all. You might have erased some headings by mistake, that it needs to do the Import Daily routine. Just a guess.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #81
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Step 3 - DAILY PLAY

I have uploaded "Step 3" which covers "DAILY PLAY" utilizing both AllData NI Batch and AllDataBase.

Click this link: ALLDATA EXCEL and hover your mouse cursor over the "AllDataBase" tab and click the "AllDataBase Help Document" sub-page, for the download.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #82
jagerfury
jcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglasw32
Okay ummmm anything FREE that helps you pick winning horses.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:09 PM   #83
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I have uploaded the latest version of AllData NI Batch to the Alldata Excel site. I have also uploaded "Step 4" of the help documents, to the sub-page, under the "AllDataBase" tab, on that site.

Both deal with "manual processing mode" in the "Batch" program, allowing multiple cards to be manually processed before being exported to the "ZZDAILY.xls" file for import into AllDataBase, for "Daily Play".

In this version you can manually select pacelines, and, manually scratch horses, on multiple cards, before clicking the "OUTPUT" button to populate the "ZZDAILY.xls" file.

Harry is working on a new version of AllDatabase, also, making some improvements for "Daily Play", however, he will be "out of pocket" for sometime due to his going in for laser surgery, on both eyes, this week.

Will help a lot with "late" scratches, just before post time! You only have to change the races with late scratches in them, rather than having to re-process every race on the card.

We all wish him the best of luck with the surgeries and a great and speedy recovery!

Last edited by raybo; 01-23-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #84
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Latest Versions for both workbooks

New versions, for both workbooks, are near at hand! It's been a long road, sometimes extremely fun, sometimes extremely frustrating, but, I am of the opinion that these latest versions will, effectively, end the "Beta" phase for both workbooks.

Sure, there will probably be additional versions released in the future, but at the present time, I feel confident that both workbooks are about as good as it gets.

We have introduced the first, as far as I know, Excel handicapping spreadsheet that completely automates the importation of all the data in the Bris/TSN single file format data files.

We have also created what may be the very best database program, for Excel spreadsheet handicapping, available.

As soon as I know for sure that Harry and I have the exact same updated versions, I will release both workbooks, then I'll write "Step 5" of the help documents explaining what's new in these latest versions.

It's been quite a journey, I hope you've enjoyed the ride!!

Old 02-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #85
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Version 10, both workbooks, released

I've uploaded both new workbooks.

Both new workbooks are "v10".

I'll write the help document for the latest features shortly.

Get them here: AllData

Old 02-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #86
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I've updated AllDataBase_v10 with some cosmetic changes that I hadn't noticed before posting the version before. The new download has the same name as the original v10 download.

I've also written the "Step 5" help document, for the latest versions, and have sent it to Harry for him to check before I upload it here on the site.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #87
punteray

Angry Error Message

Ray

When I select "QUERY DATABASE" I get na error message saying : The information cannot be posted because the copy area and the paste area are not the same size???

Ray Scalise
Old 02-04-2011, 02:52 PM   #88
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Ray

When I select "QUERY DATABASE" I get na error message saying : The information cannot be posted because the copy area and the paste area are not the same size???

Ray Scalise
See post #66 in this thread. Also, make sure your card and results folder paths are correct, in both workbooks.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:27 PM   #89
punteray

ZZOUTPUT

Thanks for the reply.

I now followed your instructions(a new experience for me!!!) and checked the ZZOUTPUT in folder my tsnresults folder and it has data files that are not the files I exported from the batch program ie: I have data files for 9 race days at Santa Anita in my c:\tsn and c:\tsnreaults folders but when "Batch" creates the ZZOUTPUT files they have the "foreign files I referred to above, not the SAX files.

Ray
Old 02-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #90
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Thanks for the reply.

I now followed your instructions(a new experience for me!!!) and checked the ZZOUTPUT in folder my tsnresults folder and it has data files that are not the files I exported from the batch program ie: I have data files for 9 race days at Santa Anita in my c:\tsn and c:\tsnreaults folders but when "Batch" creates the ZZOUTPUT files they have the "foreign files I referred to above, not the SAX files.

Ray
Make sure your race cards and results files folder paths read like this: C:\tsn1\
C:\tsnresults\

Note: the ending "\" must be at the end of both folder paths.

When you click "List Cards" and "List Results", in the batch program, are the correct cards and results files listed below those buttons? If they are, and you're trying to batch process both cards and results, did you click "With Results?"? and did you put the correct "Starting Card#" and "Ending Card#" in the "Race Card(s) Selection" box? If so, did you type a "1" in the "Batch Process" box? If so, after you clicked "Run Data" did the timer window appear? If so, the timer should have showed the total number of seconds it took to process all your cards and results (should be about 9 seconds per card, depending on which Excel version you're running and the speed of your computer). If all the above is correct, click "OUTPUT".

Now open your : C:\tsnresults folder and see if the correct files are in the "ZZoutput.xls" file, by opening it in Excel. If they aren't, zip your workbook, as it is, and email it to me at:

Raybo

If the correct files are in the "ZZoutput.xls" file then, close the batch program, open the database program and click "Import Database". Then click "Reset" (make sure the filter settings for "Distance" (cells B2 and B3) are 5000 and -1, then click "Query Database". If you still get the error, zip the database workbook and your "ZZoutput.xls" file, as they are, and email them to me.

Last edited by raybo; 02-04-2011 at 05:52 PM.