Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #76
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
You see what you are writing here? The "far left progressives" are manipulating people into hate one another, and they are causing people to give up their rights in the name of security...you say. Isn't this the modus operandi of the far right as well? Must I spell it out for you?
I asked you to name the injustices you were referring to. Should be simple. You have all the signs of a far left progressive. The group think, the accusing the other side of doing the same thing you get called out on. What's up with that? I already said I didn't like the Patriot Act so what do you want from me there? I think for myself. Maybe you should try that.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #77
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I asked you to name the injustices you were referring to. Should be simple. You have all the signs of a far left progressive. The group think, the accusing the other side of doing the same thing you get called out on. What's up with that? I already said I didn't like the Patriot Act so what do you want from me there? I think for myself. Maybe you should try that.
ME...a "far left progressive"? When I have Jordan Peterson's audiobook in my car...so I could listen to it over and over while I am driving? You couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of me.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 10:14 PM   #78
thaskalos

[quote=jocko699;2395426]
Quote:
What...YOU are the one who made sure that we knew how many twitter followers you've got...and I wanted to make sure that elysiantraveller was aware of that. What did I do wrong NOW?[/QUOTE

I thought you weren't going to post in OT anymore
You are right...that's what I said. But...what am I supposed to do now? Go over to the horse racing threads and argue with Nitro about the effectiveness of the speed and pace figures?
Old 11-11-2018, 10:22 PM   #79
Andy Asaro

[quote=thaskalos;2395440]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post

You are right...that's what I said. But...what am I supposed to do now? Go over to the horse racing threads and argue with Nitro about the effectiveness of the speed and pace figures?
What's the point of mentioning Twitter when you are misrepresenting the situation. It's just to get personal cuz you can't win the argument. On top of that you said previously you don't like to have exchanges with me yet here you are not making any sense again.

Let's go over those books I mentioned and let's go over those instances of............."You are trying to blame the Left for committing the exact same injustices that the Right is committing"

I asked you to name them. When you asked me for names of books I named them. But that wasn't good enough so you had to deflect to something else. You painted yourself into a corner and now you seem confused as to what to do next. Wow!
Old 11-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #80
thaskalos

[quote=Andy Asaro;2395441]
Quote:

What's the point of mentioning Twitter when you are misrepresenting the situation. It's just to get personal cuz you can't win the argument. On top of that you said previously you don't like to have exchanges with me yet here you are not making any sense again.

Let's go over those books I mentioned and let's go over those instances of............."You are trying to blame the Left for committing the exact same injustices that the Right is committing"

I asked you to name them. When you asked me for names of books I named them. But that wasn't good enough so you had to deflect to something else. You painted yourself into a corner and now you seem confused as to what to do next. Wow!
Okay, Andy...I'll go slow enough so you can understand me:

In post #44, you stated that the far left likes to mislabel and misdefine people and words...in order to further their political agenda. I responded to you in post #46...by telling you that the far right does the exact same thing. And then you came back at me in post #47...by calling me a far left progressive...because I blamed the far right for the same thing that you had earlier blamed the far left. Why is it okay for YOU to blame the left for something...but it isn't okay for me to blame the right for the same thing?

In post #47 you also said that the left creates chaos, and causes good people to give up their rights "in the name of security". Again I reminded you, in post #49, that this is exactly what GWB did during his presidential tenure...in order to show you that this type of "scare tactic" is used by the right as well. But, instead of realizing what I am trying to show you...you started saying that I am DEFLECTING...when all I am doing is trying to show you that you are dead wrong when you blame only the left for these labeling and scare tactics that you have infused into our discussion here.

What "corner" do you feel that you have gotten me to paint myself into? You are trying to blame one political side for something, when it's readily apparent that BOTH sides take part in the same hypocrisy. And then you frustrate me even further by asking me to explain a position that even a child can readily comprehend. The problems of this country were/are created not only by the left...but by the right as well. If we can't agree on that...then, what's the use of continuing to talk to each other?

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-11-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #81
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Thaskalos and SRU are getting into another circular argument....Completely normal.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2018, 10:58 PM   #82
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Thaskalos and SRU are getting into another circular argument....Completely normal.
SRU made more sense...IMO.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #83
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
SRU made more sense...IMO.
As Macron would say.....c'est impossible!
Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 PM   #84
Andy Asaro

[quote=thaskalos;2395444]
Quote:

Okay, Andy...I'll go slow enough so you can understand me:

In post #44, you stated that the far left likes to mislabel and misdefine people and words...in order to further their political agenda. I responded to you in post #46...by telling you that the far right does the exact same thing. And then you came back at me in post #47...by calling me a far left progressive...because I blamed the far right for the same thing that you had earlier blamed the far left. Why is it okay for YOU to blame the left for something...but it isn't okay for me to blame the right for the same thing?

In post #47 you also said that the left creates chaos, and causes good people to give up their rights "in the name of security". Again I reminded you, in post #49, that this is exactly what GWB did during his presidential tenure...in order to show you that this type of "scare tactic" is used by the right as well. But, instead of realizing what I am trying to show you...you started saying that I am DEFLECTING...when all I am doing is trying to show you that you are dead wrong when you blame only the left for these labeling and scare tactics that you have infused into our discussion here.

What "corner" do you feel that you have gotten me to paint myself into? You are trying to blame one political side for something, when it's readily apparent that BOTH sides take part in the same hypocrisy. And then you frustrate me even further by asking me to explain a position that even a child can readily comprehend. The problems of this country were/are created not only by the left...but by the right as well. If we can't agree on that...then, what's the use of continuing to talk to each other?
Not the same on both sides. But keep trying.

Ray Donovan tonight has a good example of smearing someone using race. Common tactic of far left progressives.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-11-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:41 PM   #85
thaskalos

[quote=Andy Asaro;2395450]
Quote:

Not the same on both sides. But keep trying.

Ray Donovan tonight has a good example of smearing someone using race. Common tactic of far left progressives.
A short while ago you told me that you do your own thinking...and that I should try to do that too. And now you want me to go looking for Ray Donovan? If your own opinion carries any weight...then, what do you need Ray Donovan for?

What should I do next...twitter-follow James Woods?
Old 11-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #86
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
What should I do next...twitter-follow James Woods?
Actually he's doing a lot of good helping with the SoCal fires where he lives:

Old 11-12-2018, 07:41 AM   #87
Andy Asaro

Feel blue? Lack purpose? Life a little dull? Get a lift by fighting some fantasy Nazis

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...fantasy-nazis/

Excerpt:

My objection to these absurd claims of Nazism isn’t so much that they might inspire violence (Americans generally require very little inspiration on that front) but that they are not true. Ron DeSantis is not a Nazi. No amount of petulant weeping and chocolate-milk tossing is going to make that true. Mitt Romney, lately of Utah, did not get himself elected to the Senate in the service of a white-nationalist agenda. Rick Scott has nothing in common with the Ku Klux Klan. Mitch McConnell is not very much like Benito Mussolini. These are the facts of the case. The politics of opposition, like the politics of government, should be based if not on things that are self-evidently true then at least on those that are not self-evidently false.

Calling yourself an “antifascist” while defining “fascism” as “the enforcement of ordinary immigration laws” or “thinking that Bernie Sanders is a grumpy Muppet who should be kept far from the levers of power” is entirely childish and deeply stupid. (These absurd characterizations also, not that anybody really cares, drown out legitimate criticisms of the Trump administration and congressional Republicans.) These play-acting buffoons aren’t the moral equivalent of the French Resistance — they are mincing would-be thugs looking for something that will make them feel better about themselves. Apparently, terrorizing Tucker Carlson’s wife scratches an itch that weed and NetFlix don’t.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #88
Andy Asaro

Thaskalos: "A short while ago you told me that you do your own thinking...and that I should try to do that too. And now you want me to go looking for Ray Donovan? If your own opinion carries any weight...then, what do you need Ray Donovan for?

What should I do next...twitter-follow James Woods? [/QUOTE]"

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=148627

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-12-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:51 AM   #89
Andy Asaro

Quote:
What kind of "negative" comments have you heard the Europeans utter against the Americans?
The entire thread was created because of the French President Macron.

And

As far as your comments on Europeans not making negative comments against Americans..............

Watch the news much?
Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #90
thaskalos

Quote:
Watch the news much?
No. Since Trump started calling almost all of it "fake news", I stopped watching the news entirely. I figured...why look for a needle in a haystack?