Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 07-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Lebron and the 12 million in taxes

He is a damn fool if he doesn't go to Miami

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...708120415.aspx

“If LeBron James goes to the Miami Heat instead of the [New York] Knicks, blame our dysfunctional lawmakers in Albany, who have saddled top-earning New Yorkers with the highest state and city income taxes in the nation, soon to be 12.85 percent on top of the IRS bite,” the Post said.

The tax savings for James in Miami over New York City would be staggering, according to the Post’s analysis.

“On a five-year contract worth $96 million -- what he'd get from the Knicks or the Heat -- LeBron would pay $12.34 million in New York taxes.” Florida has no state income tax.

New Jersey and Ohio, the other reported frontrunners to attract James, also have state income taxes, but they are not as his as in New York. Based on a $96 million contract, James would pay $5.69 million in state taxes if he re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he signed with the New Jersey Nets, James would pay $10.32 million in state taxes."
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
Dave Schwartz

Can't you guys get the city to make a deal?

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
Fwizard

I can't believe he has a one-hour special just to tell us what team he goes to--maybe in the fall we can do this for Brett Favre --one hour to tell us if he is playing...I will not be watching....my money is on him staying in Cleveland -if he wants the championship he has to go with Miami.......
Fwizard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwizard
I can't believe he has a one-hour special just to tell us what team he goes to--maybe in the fall we can do this for Brett Favre --one hour to tell us if he is playing...I will not be watching....my money is on him staying in Cleveland -if he wants the championship he has to go with Miami.......
I think it's pretty cool what he's doing and the NBA has got to love it. Prime time coverage during an otherwise nonexistant time of year for them. He's also having the revenues generated by the show going to the Boys and Girls Club, so I call this a winner all the way around.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
RaceBookJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
He is a damn fool if he doesn't go to Miami

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...708120415.aspx

“If LeBron James goes to the Miami Heat instead of the [New York] Knicks, blame our dysfunctional lawmakers in Albany, who have saddled top-earning New Yorkers with the highest state and city income taxes in the nation, soon to be 12.85 percent on top of the IRS bite,” the Post said.

The tax savings for James in Miami over New York City would be staggering, according to the Post’s analysis.

“On a five-year contract worth $96 million -- what he'd get from the Knicks or the Heat -- LeBron would pay $12.34 million in New York taxes.” Florida has no state income tax.

New Jersey and Ohio, the other reported frontrunners to attract James, also have state income taxes, but they are not as his as in New York. Based on a $96 million contract, James would pay $5.69 million in state taxes if he re-signed with the Cleveland Cavaliers. If he signed with the New Jersey Nets, James would pay $10.32 million in state taxes."
Just think how patriotic he would look though. rbj
RaceBookJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #6
bigmack

His potential Pops wants $4Mil. For what you might ask.

LeBron James sued for $4 million by Leicester Bryce Stovell who claims to be his father

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...#ixzz0t8eeIgJ4

It's Miami.

Last edited by bigmack; 07-08-2010 at 08:15 PM.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
GameTheory

The taxes might be greater, but he gets a huge bonus from Nike if he goes to New York. (But he might get a pretty good one for going to Miami as well.)
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
bigmack

James will announce his future NBA plans within the first 10 minutes of the 9 p.m. ET special, ESPN said.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
andymays
Veteran

Miami according to Yahoo.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #10
cj's dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Miami according to Yahoo.
He ranks right up there with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton etc....

Earning $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for doing no more than being an entertainer, while good hard working folks go to work every day and hope to make ends meet.

To those of you who support this foolishness; have fun !!

I would suggest that you take every single $ you would spend on attending a pro sports event and put t in an account for your children.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
Greyfox

Insane Payments for Entertainment Bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
He ranks right up there with Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton etc....

Earning $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for doing no more than being an entertainer, while good hard working folks go to work every day and hope to make ends meet.

To those of you who support this foolishness; have fun !!

I would suggest that you take every single $ you would spend on attending a pro sports event and put t in an account for your children.
Well said. Many of us can't go the games of any pro sports group. You'll find that Corporate Sponsors buy a lot of the tickets and occasionally pass one along. I'd rather watch kids and adult amateurs.
Yes. The pros have honed their skills to amazing levels.
But it makes me want to puke when I read that a top athlete or a female sitting on a couch interviewing people is making more in 1 hour than most of us make in a year.
I call it insanity.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-08-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
Well said. Many of us can't go the games of any pro sports group. You'll find that Corporate Sponsors buy a lot of the tickets and occasionally pass one along. I'd rather watch kids and adult amateurs.
Yes. The pros have honed their skills to amazing levels.
But it makes me want to puke when I read that a top athlete or a female sitting on a couch interviewing people is making more in 1 hour than most of us make in a year.
I call it insanity.
Yes, but the problem with your logic is that you know in advance which jobs in our society pay a lot and which ones pay a little in the beginning. Its not like they spring it on you at the last second. There is always going to be jobs out there that pay a bundle and jobs that pay peanuts. You know this in advance.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2010, 12:40 AM   #13
Greyfox

Brains > Braun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Yes, but the problem with your logic is that you know in advance which jobs in our society pay a lot and which ones pay a little in the beginning. Its not like they spring it on you at the last second. There is always going to be jobs out there that pay a bundle and jobs that pay peanuts. You know this in advance.
What you say is true, but there is nothing faulty with my logic.
Knowing that a 6'8" braun makes umpteen countless millions while a 5'10" brain surgeon makes $ 600,000 seems that a society that perpetrates that has faulty logic.
In my meritocracy, brains would have more value than braun.
That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy athleticism as much as the next guy.
Oh, I suppose there's always Bill Gates who has demonstrated that a guy with brains being in the right place at the right time can make it. But in general,
people won't fawn over Gates like they do over most rock idols and sports "stars." In general, society throws more money at braun than brains.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2010, 05:22 AM   #14
xfile
Veteran

The black one looks sharp.
Lebron James Heat Jersey Revealed Online available in 3-colors and priced at $44.99 - not too bad. Being a Florida resident I could pull wearing this jersey off. Black jersey with black, white or red t-shirt underneath. Where's my credit card?
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...evealed-online
xfile is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2010, 06:14 AM   #15
xfile
Veteran

Verry Funny:: Kenny_Mayne
Miami Jai-Alai upstaged yet again.
xfile is offline   Reply With Quote Reply