Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #16
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Thanks for the follow up Dave.... Good to see it. People all over are getting really tired of the "do as I say and not as I do" shit which is what our "elected officials" seem to be relying on.....
This all may not end well. I can't recall a time in my life where the "temperature" of the country has been this high for this long.....
And to think of all the great weather you have had during hurricane season, edicts from local politicians is the icing on the cake.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #17
TJDave

Quote:
Nice TJ..... Were you as worried with the thousands and thousands of protest from the left getting sick??? Asking for a friend.....
I don’t give a f*** about the left OR right. Just that the more sick increases the chances of MY getting sick.

Get it?
Old 12-02-2020, 09:24 PM   #18
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
I don’t give a f*** about the left OR right. Just that the more sick increases the chances of MY getting sick.

Get it?
Now now, angry much??? Your outrage is misplaced. I just ask an honest question and by your reply, I think I have my answer.
You claim to only worry about YOURSELF (ie the term MY) but here you are worrying about others and what they are doing. You frequent this area? Many of your friends in this crowd? Since you don't have your location on your avatar, I could be wrong but I would bet you don't even live in NYC. If I am correct, then why even worry???
If so, then maybe you should listen to your politicians and stay inside, away from everyone, and there ya go..... Nothing to worry about!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2020, 09:31 PM   #19
fast4522

Quote:

Get it?
You will only get sick if you go out, those who are compromised should stay home.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:32 PM   #20
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You will only get sick if you go out, those who are compromised should stay home.
What about those who can’t stay home and have to go out?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2020, 09:36 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Telling healthy people their constitutional right are void is bogus, I just do not believe this is the answer.

I forgot, I am not interested in any interaction with you.

Last edited by fast4522; 12-02-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:38 PM   #22
davew

Quote:
well you know the experts suggestions - stay 6 feet away from people, wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, .....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #23
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
well you know the experts suggestions - stay 6 feet away from people, wear a mask, wash your hands frequently, .....
See, logic and reason...... Problem solved !!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:39 PM   #24
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Telling healthy people their constitutional right are void is bogus, I just do not believe this is the answer.
That’s fine but I’m suggesting that it’s not easy to “just stay home” for people who HAVE to go out.

So maybe if people were less selfish and didn’t turn EVERYTHING into a political pissing match we wouldn’t be on the verge of another lockdown.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:41 PM   #25
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I’m with you. The problem is not everyone subscribes to that theory. I encounter people daily who don’t wear a mask. What about those people?
Old 12-02-2020, 09:42 PM   #26
newtothegame

Quote:
That’s fine but I’m suggesting that it’s not easy to “just stay home” for people who HAVE to go out.

So maybe if people were less selfish and didn’t turn EVERYTHING into a political pissing match we wouldn’t be on the verge of another lockdown.
Don't kid yourself Dahoss, the politicians were going to lock this down no matter what! Biden himself, was proposing this on the campaign trail. The irony of it all is that these same politicians, who claim to be out for everyone's well being, are out painting the town red.

As for the people who have to go out as you mentioned, they also have a right and can follow the guidelines of the CDC.
governed.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:44 PM   #27
TJDave

Quote:
Now now, angry much??? Your outrage is misplaced. I just ask an honest question and by your reply, I think I have my answer.
You claim to only worry about YOURSELF (ie the term MY) but here you are worrying about others and what they are doing. You frequent this area? Many of your friends in this crowd? Since you don't have your location on your avatar, I could be wrong but I would bet you don't even live in NYC. If I am correct, then why even worry???
If so, then maybe you should listen to your politicians and stay inside, away from everyone, and there ya go..... Nothing to worry about!

Increased disrespect for distancing, masks etc. is happening not just in NYC but everywhere.

Yeah, I’m pissed. These attitudes are placing me at greater risk. If I didn’t have a sick cat requiring veterinary attention I wouldn’t care.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:46 PM   #28
newtothegame

Quote:
Increased disrespect for distancing, masks etc. is happening not just in NYC but everywhere.

Yeah, I’m pissed. These attitudes are placing me at greater risk. If I didn’t have a sick cat requiring veterinary attention I wouldn’t care.
I feel for you and your cat...really I do TJ. However, no one's right should supersede another. Stay safe and do your best to follow the guidelines by the CDC and best wishes sir.....
governed.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:47 PM   #29
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Don't kid yourself Dahoss, the politicians were going to lock this down no matter what! Biden himself, was proposing this on the campaign trail. The irony of it all is that these same politicians, who claim to be out for everyone's well being, are out painting the town red.

As for the people who have to go out as you mentioned, they also have a right and can follow the guidelines of the CDC.
So what about the people who don’t follow the guidelines of the CDC?
Old 12-02-2020, 10:01 PM   #30
newtothegame

Quote:
So what about the people who don’t follow the guidelines of the CDC?
Then they run a risk themselves. It's not hard to figure out. I know that my family and I do our best to practice social distancing and wear mask, as businesses ask us to do. However, let's be real here for a moment. I am sure we have all seen it and witnessed it as well.
We have to wear a mask to enter a restaurant. Once we get in, we are seated and can take our mask off. So now, everyone in the place is not wearing mask. What sense does that make???? It's indoors and I am sure the ventilation is not sufficient for the capacity.
How many people even wear the mask properly? I would say at least 1 out of every 3 I see has their nose uncovered.
As of now, there are only mandates. Most states have opt out clauses. So, the bottom line is how does it get enforced? Enforcement can NOT be the government picking and choosing who, what, and when. For example, the recent lawsuit about churches in NY.
I want and wish for everyone to be safe. However, there will ALWAYS be those scenarios where people feel they are at higher risk. To those people, I say avoid those scenarios if at all possible. I know if you're in my place of employment, and you notify me of non compliance of social distancing, I politely ask the patrons to please observe the rules. 99% of all people usually comply. For the 1% that don't, I have asked them to leave and not provide service.
governed.