Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-18-2020, 07:04 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Let the horses fend for themselves I say...we shouldn't be taking these kinds of risks at ALL.

There's a KILLER VIRUS on the loose...or haven't you heard?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:06 PM   #17
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamt View Post
I know you aren't one to deal in facts when it comes to Hong Kong, but can you explain how you determine it to be a "lot worse off"

Is it the 170 cases only and the four deaths?

Their inherent ability in being an island to close their borders, unlike any city in America?

The fact training takes place in one Hong Kong location and a quarantined Chinese location?

Which part of their suffering really kicked it into gear for you?
And you know the FACTS?
First all HK is not an island!

Yes they've controlled the virus outbreak very well considering the population density there.

I never mentioned a word about their training facilities, nor did I insinuate anything about "their suffering". But perhaps you've completely forgotten about their experiences with mainland Communist China and all the political unrest because they seem to prefer Democracy.

But I'll tell you what, anytime you need some help with facts about the actual racing product in HK let me know.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2020, 08:39 PM   #18
iamt

20 miles out of 500 are land based, so I'll accept clearly not an island though with only minimal borders the point itself of the ability to geographically isolate still stands.

As for a bit of forum advice. if you are going to keep diving into threads that are about racing's response to the Coronavirus it might help that when you start referencing things wildly off topic, you specifically mention them instead of back tracking later to try and fit your narrative.

Of course, given people can only bet online/phone and with practicing self isolation, the protests in Hong Kong would be doing nothing to interfere with the amount of wagering the rest of the population are doing. In fact the environment is basically perfect to encourage more with previous cash bettors forced to bet online.

of course you won't mention how turnover dropped over a quarter for the first few meetings their Coronavirus measures were implemented.
iamt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2020, 09:10 PM   #19
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
And you know the FACTS?
First all HK is not an island!

Yes they've controlled the virus outbreak very well considering the population density there.

I never mentioned a word about their training facilities, nor did I insinuate anything about "their suffering". But perhaps you've completely forgotten about their experiences with mainland Communist China and all the political unrest because they seem to prefer Democracy.

But I'll tell you what, anytime you need some help with facts about the actual racing product in HK let me know.
Hands above the table when speaking about Hong Kong racing
Old 03-18-2020, 11:29 PM   #20
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Let the horses fend for themselves I say...we shouldn't be taking these kinds of risks at ALL.

There's a KILLER VIRUS on the loose...or haven't you heard?
We've talked in private. We're all entitled to our opinion. I respect yours. But now I think you're going too far.

We were told today our daughter must remain in quarantine because if she gets the virus, there is a very good chance it will kill her. There are plenty of people in the same situation with various illnesses and conditions. It is virtually impossible for us to completely isolate. We still have to go to the store, go get meds, take her to important doctor's appointments, etc. It would be nice if all other people acted responsibly. But you know what? They ****ing don't. Because of that I have to take this very seriously because it is a killer virus. It isn't the flu. She's had that and it isn't fun but she gets through fine.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2020, 11:50 PM   #21
Suff
Beat up 💪

I traveled Tampa, etc, I went many places with large crowds. I opted into this because the population of my building is elderly. I feel fine. No issues. Not frightened. CJ, I can send you some gloves & masks. Ping me if its your best option.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 12:20 AM   #22
kingfin66
Bombardier

Those gloves and masks are not going to help you. Masks are recommended only for those who have symptoms; to keep others from catching the virus. That is per the CDC, not me.
Old 03-19-2020, 12:55 AM   #23
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Those gloves and masks are not going to help you. Masks are recommended only for those who have symptoms; to keep others from catching the virus. That is per the CDC, not me.
I知 not wearing it to help me. I知 wearing in the event that I知
Positive, and not wanting to infect others in my building.

They help. Especially the gloves. New : It can live in cardboard for 24 hours. It can live on plastic 72 hours. So touching anything is a risk of cross pollination.
I went to Publix. Remember it lives in cardboard - plastic and that痴 80% of whats on the shelfs.

25% of people in publix had masks on.

Publix - all- Grocery stores I think, closing at 8pm to disinfect & replenish. I heard suggested that we should spray lysol on any packages we get before opening. I sprayed all my publix products before I took my gloves off at home.

I知 fine. Not worried. I care mostly about others. People broke, little food, lonely and scared. I pray for them. I知 in a penthouse with killer views and weed.

As soon as I can tested , I plan on it. Tomorrow likely.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 01:01 AM   #24
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
We've talked in private. We're all entitled to our opinion. I respect yours. But now I think you're going too far.

We were told today our daughter must remain in quarantine because if she gets the virus, there is a very good chance it will kill her. There are plenty of people in the same situation with various illnesses and conditions. It is virtually impossible for us to completely isolate. We still have to go to the store, go get meds, take her to important doctor's appointments, etc. It would be nice if all other people acted responsibly. But you know what? They ****ing don't. Because of that I have to take this very seriously because it is a killer virus. It isn't the flu. She's had that and it isn't fun but she gets through fine.
I am so sorry. Hope your daughter stays healthy.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 01:10 AM   #25
GMB@BP

Quote:

same boat here, but with two kids. And my health is not so great for whatever reason right now (great timing).

Hope things workout for you, for everyone, I think we are going to hear a lot of sad stories in the next few months.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 01:14 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

I never said it was the flu. I said it was an enhanced flu.

I fully realize it's more dangerous than the flu. Not once have I said it's the same thing.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:21 AM   #27
Track Phantom

Quote:

I wish you luck with your daughter. It's people like her that others should think about when deciding to be cautious or cavalier.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:32 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

And as for acting responsibly, I haven't left the house in over a week...I think...chalk all this up to stir craziness....I can't guarantee it will end anytime soon.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #29
castaway01

Quote:

I hope your daughter is okay through all of this CJ.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2020, 09:28 AM   #30
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I知 not wearing it to help me. I知 wearing in the event that I知
Positive, and not wanting to infect others in my building.

They help. Especially the gloves. New : It can live in cardboard for 24 hours. It can live on plastic 72 hours. So touching anything is a risk of cross pollination.
I went to Publix. Remember it lives in cardboard - plastic and that痴 80% of whats on the shelfs.

25% of people in publix had masks on.

Publix - all- Grocery stores I think, closing at 8pm to disinfect & replenish. I heard suggested that we should spray lysol on any packages we get before opening. I sprayed all my publix products before I took my gloves off at home.

I知 fine. Not worried. I care mostly about others. People broke, little food, lonely and scared. I pray for them. I知 in a penthouse with killer views and weed.

As soon as I can tested , I plan on it. Tomorrow likely.
I too would like to be tested. That way I can make better decisions regarding whether to do things such as go to work. I have heard that you have to have symptoms to get tested. I may look into this as well. Your concern for your neighbors in admiral!