Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-27-2016, 12:33 PM   #61
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Agreed, tanner..TravisVox, and formerly DRFGrening, were both very quick in replying back to my tweets regarding the condition of Captain Serious when he went down back in January--he was alright, and is back in training now --so, in this particular regard, it's very handy. Chad Brown, Tom Morley, someone mentioned Mr Clement earlier, and Kiarin McLaughlin are all very good about getting back with you with basic/general tweets. Zilla Stables, seem to be a nice group of owners as well.

Social medias, Twitter, Facebook, etc, are either as good or bad as you want them to be.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 12:47 PM   #62
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper
Originally Posted by doctorwin
I always enjoyed listening to Serling. He gives much more to the sport than he takes from it. However I don't like when he goes after jocks when he loses money on them. Everybody has a bad day, including him. I would have no problem with him if he could work on the personal attacks.

CJ said:
"Analysts analyze performance. If Troy Aikman has a bad day in the booth is he not allowed to criticize a bad pass by Aaron Rogers?"

I think doctorwin was referring to Serling going off on people on twitter who were inappropriate rather than ignoring and/or just blocking them. He's toned that down a lot in the past year or so.

He blocked me for no reason sissy move.. guess i'm not allowed to follow people he doesn't like truth hurts i guess
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 01:08 PM   #63
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
He blocked me for no reason sissy move.. guess i'm not allowed to follow people he doesn't like truth hurts i guess
Being blocked by someone is better than dealing with tough talking internet gangsters. I'm not talking about anyone specifically. The intetnet makes people rude, tough and turns them into bullies. Most would piss themselves if they actually had a confrontation with someone in person.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 01:18 PM   #64
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper
CJ said:
"Analysts analyze performance. If Troy Aikman has a bad day in the booth is he not allowed to criticize a bad pass by Aaron Rogers?"

I think doctorwin was referring to Serling going off on people on twitter who were inappropriate rather than ignoring and/or just blocking them. He's toned that down a lot in the past year or so.
Well this is what he said:

Quote:
However I don't like when he goes after jocks when he loses money on them. Everybody has a bad day, including him.
He specifically mentioned him doing his job. He basically said the analyst shouldn't analyze. He also made up the fact that he does it because he lost money on them. Andy calls out a ride he thinks is strategically poor on horses he has selected and horses he has not. And just because it is his selection doesn't mean he bet on a horse.

Last edited by cj; 05-27-2016 at 01:20 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 05:57 PM   #65
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Before I have any interaction with doctorwin on here and apparently he's known in the industry, just who is this guy?
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #66
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Agreed, tanner..TravisVox, and formerly DRFGrening, were both very quick in replying back to my tweets regarding the condition of Captain Serious when he went down back in January--he was alright, and is back in training now --so, in this particular regard, it's very handy. Chad Brown, Tom Morley, someone mentioned Mr Clement earlier, and Kiarin McLaughlin are all very good about getting back with you with basic/general tweets. Zilla Stables, seem to be a nice group of owners as well.

Social medias, Twitter, Facebook, etc, are either as good or bad as you want them to be.

Chad does not have a Twitter account.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #67
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Chad does not have a Twitter account.

Reading is indeed our friend. Thanks for obviously bringing this to my attention.

Jeez, just when you think you've hit the big time, it's really a parody..and to think I wished that account best of luck with the firster out of an Easy Goer mare couple Sundays ago.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2016, 11:52 PM   #68
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Reading is indeed our friend. Thanks for obviously bringing this to my attention.

Jeez, just when you think you've hit the big time, it's really a parody..and to think I wished that account best of luck with the firster out of an Easy Goer mare couple Sundays ago.
Those parody accounts are disgraceful for this very reason.

His assistant, Cherie DeVaux, has an account...@reredevaux.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 12:50 AM   #69
Zaf
Pace Cappa

I like Twitter, love the info that TLG and Tom Quigley share with the public. Jason Beem's podcast is very entertaining. Maybe some people don't have a sense of humor

Z
Old 05-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #70
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
Before I have any interaction with doctorwin on here and apparently he's known in the industry, just who is this guy?
That poster had the smell of a troll early on.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #71
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
That poster had the smell of a troll early on.
I asked the question because he said someone went and confronted him at a track from something he tweeted. And, Jason has blocked him a couple of times because he came back as a different person which means to me he knows who he is.

I don't use twitter but, I would think if someone blocks you it's because he doesn't want further contact but if you insist you're just like you said trolling.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #72
doctorwin
Apprentice

I have been a racing fan and horse owner for over 30 years. The main reason I posted this thread is because I think a lot of potential fans are driven away from the sport by certain people on Twitter. I believe that the combination of pathology and anonymity is a dangerous combination both for any individuals involved and the sport itself. My personal story is irrelevant but all I really want is to be left alone. I guess it really bothers me to see people that propagate this harassment being awarded with high visibility positions in our industry. Happily for every one jerk there are many nice people. Racing faces many challenges in the next decade and I personally believe that it's best that industry spokespeople are sane, honest and articulate. If this makes me a troll then back under the bridge I go. I have been lucky enough to enjoy horse racing for over 30 years. I hope everybody that reads this is able to do the same.

Doctor Win
doctorwin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2016, 06:00 PM   #73
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by no breathalyzer
twitter makes people feel important or detracts them enough that they forget they are a losing horse player .. I have found a couple of feeds i really enjoy.. also been blocked by people that can't handle the truth.. One thing that sucks about twitter is the overload of trolls
ALL forms of social media are dens for trolls.
Anonymity gives people a lot of courage.
Courage they would not normally express but for that anonymity.
We call them trolls.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-01-2016, 06:13 PM   #74
VeryOldMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
ALL forms of social media are dens for trolls.
Anonymity gives people a lot of courage.
Courage they would not normally express but for that anonymity.
We call them trolls.
Testify.

I've disagreed with TLG here at times, but he is "out there" on Twitter, so to speak. One of the best Twitter posters re horse racing. Posts his picks, etc. re the biggest racing scene (NYRA) in the country. Twitter should be an avenue for this hidebound sport, but . . . .
VeryOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2016, 10:28 AM   #75
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
They are missing out. The true big names in the game that are on Twitter are mostly treated very well as best I can tell and promote the sport. And again, for the buttheads, BLOCK. It is easy.
I'll second that. I've had to block 3 people in over 5 years. Up to almost 6K followers. Nearly every convo is courteous. In short, I love twitter for discussing races and racing, good and bad. The brevity of it makes being succinct a must and there's little downside to that IMO.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply