Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #46
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I see that a horse died in the first race at Churchill. I saw it on twitter. So getting back to the original question. Maybe twitter isn't good for horse racing.
....and that might be because the truth would be a little less widespread?
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 09:38 PM   #47
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Beadle is an idiot and has always been an idiot. It has nothing to do with Twitter. Just plain simple idiotic people over there. Twitter is awesome for the sport. It's awesome for any sport
Redbullsnation is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 09:55 PM   #48
doctorwin
Apprentice

Churchill Downs is the same track where a trainer punched a horse on live TV and didn't receive any punishment.
doctorwin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 10:35 PM   #49
cutchemist42

Deep down, I think horse racing is lucky the public doesnt likely know how many horses really die from the sport, and how many truly understand the aftercare situation.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 10:53 PM   #50
doctorwin
Apprentice

You can say that again.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:08 PM   #51
classhandicapper

Twitter is a good vehicle for instant racing news and interesting videos and photos. I'm not so sure how much value there is handicapping information that was just publicly broadcast and retweeted to thousands of gamblers that follow each other. I'd be more apt to use it to find consensus opinions I think are wrong.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-26-2016 at 11:09 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 12:22 AM   #52
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwin
It was funny to listen to Jason Beem defend Michelle Beadle on the Bet America Barn show this morning. I'm not on Twitter anymore but I guess that she got some criticism about anti horse racing comments she had made.

What makes this funny is that Beem and his Twitter friends were some of most critical people on Twitter. They would criticize almost anybody who had accomplished anything in racing. They have toned down a bit now that Beem takes a paycheck from the industry.

This leads to a bigger topic is Twitter good for horse racing?

P.S. It was super cool that Beem mentioned Barry "The Sniper" Spears. He's a contest player and one of the coolest guys in the racing world. Some day everybody will know Barry and his podcast will be informative and entertaining.

Doctor Win
Doctor Win,

I agree Barry is fantastic and is one of the nicest guys ever.

Now to the rest of your post. I've had to block you on twitter now multiple times. First your original account, which I didn't enjoy communicating with you, so I blocked you. Then you posted under an anonymous account which quickly became obvious it was you, so I blocked that one. Then you followed me again when you rejoined recently and I blocked that one. You clearly have never gotten my sense of humor and don't enjoy me in general, so I just don't understand why you keep showing up and interacting with me or talking about me in any ways. So now you're here. Which is fine and great and I'm sure you'll add much to the community. All I ask is please don't interact with or mention me. I don't mention you and don't plan to. I can't make you do anything, but just asking. It's honestly at the point of making me very uncomfortable.

I'll attach a link to the photo of Ahmed riding AP. I do a fake awards show on twitter called the Beemie Awards each year and we have a "red" carpet. The picture was of Ahmed riding AP on the red carpet. There wasn't even a snarky comment to go with the picture. Literally just said "Here's TC winner American Pharoah and his owner Ahmed Zayat". Most people found it funny. Clearly you didn't. Maybe Ahmed didn't. which again, is fine. Lots of stuff I say and do on there isn't funny. I'm on there to try and have fun and talk about something I enjoy, horse racing. There's a tiny fraction of horse racing people who follow me on twitter and/or listen to my show. Hopefully those who do enjoy it.

As far as toning it down since I "get a paycheck" I've gotten a paycheck in horse racing for a decade now and I still tweet and talk the same way I always have. If people deem me bad for the sport, I'm sure i'll be out of it soon enough. My anxiety and depression have kind of killed my announcing career, I'm sure they'll eventually do the same to any other career and maybe even to myself. It's something I'm working on everyday. Trying to function.

But I think Anyone who knows me knows i'm not malicious at all. Poke fun, sure. You clearly don't get my sense of humor, so i'm flabbergasted as to why you continually follow and/or listen.

https://twitter.com/BeemieAwards/sta...48591307821057
jballscalls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 12:38 AM   #53
johnhannibalsmith

Geez, I was expecting a Lady Godiva type shot of him cropped onto one of those flabby celebrities caught on the beach by paparazzi. I always feel so left out of these offended events.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 12:58 AM   #54
doctorwin
Apprentice

No Jason I don't get your sense of humor at all. One thing you should know is I follow Bet America because I have an ADW account there. Another thing I changed my Twitter account because somebody from Twitter traveled to my home track and physically confronted me. Finally I followed you and some of your followers because your jury member "sam sam the syrup man" still uses some form of my photo as his Twitter pic a full three years after I made it very clear that he should leave me alone. This all started when I had the audacity to call the Rainbow 6 a sucker bet. Since then I have been called everything from a pedophile to a murderer. This makes me aware of what's it's like to be harassed via Twitter so Jason I'll honor your request not to mention you again but be aware you'll always be known by the company you keep.

Last edited by doctorwin; 05-27-2016 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #55
castaway01

Quote:
No Jason I don't get your sense of humor at all. One thing you should know is I follow Bet America because I have an ADW account there. Another thing I changed my Twitter account because somebody from Twitter traveled to my home track and physically confronted me. Finally I followed you and some of your followers because your jury member "sam sam the syrup man" still uses some form of my photo as his Twitter pic a full three years after I made it very clear that he should leave me alone. This all started when I had the audacity to call the Rainbow 6 a sucker bet. Since then I have been called everything from a pedophile to a murderer. This makes me aware of what's it's like to be harassed via Twitter so Jason I'll honor your request not to mention you again but be aware you'll always be known by the company you keep.
If you were offended by the picture Jason posted (which was totally harmless), you're stalking him on Twitter where he has to repeatedly block you, and you're so obnoxious that you've got people travelling long distances to beat you up, you might be the one who is at fault rather than the victim, er, person you're stalking, er, Jason.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 08:58 AM   #56
TheGarMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard
@DickJerardi & @DRFPrivman are my only racing guys.
For some reason, I really like Dick Jerardi. His writing style is awesome

(He also does some decent NCAA Basketball work)
TheGarMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 11:12 AM   #57
ubercapper

I always enjoyed listening to Serling. He gives much more to the sport than he takes from it. However I don't like when he goes after jocks when he loses money on them. Everybody has a bad day, including him. I would have no problem with him if he could work on the personal attacks.

CJ said:
"Analysts analyze performance. If Troy Aikman has a bad day in the booth is he not allowed to criticize a bad pass by Aaron Rogers?"

I think doctorwin was referring to Serling going off on people on twitter who were inappropriate rather than ignoring and/or just blocking them. He's toned that down a lot in the past year or so.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #58
classhandicapper

The downside of twitter and I guess most forms of social media is that it's a breeding ground for personal and professional conflict, ego clashing, name calling, jealousy, and other stuff we'd all be better off without.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #59
doctorwin
Apprentice

Im glad the criminal justice system disagreed with you.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #60
tanner12oz

i use twitter a lot to check up on horses that get pulled up or incidents. typically simulcast and tv just turn the page. on twitter you can actually get some updates
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: