Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-26-2016, 03:37 PM   #31
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwin
Why does her attractiveness have anything to do with her opinion? When was the last time somebody discounted your opinion because of your appearance?

Doctor Win
Are you talking to me or Ronsmac? I can only speak for myself, and no, I'm not on a nationally televised channel so nobody cares what I look like. One's opinion is more closely scrutinized when they are in the pubic eye.

What we (racing) don't need is people like her with their negative opinions on the sport.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 03:42 PM   #32
doctorwin
Apprentice

We also don't need men who disregard women's opinions because of their looks.
doctorwin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 03:55 PM   #33
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You would think being in this game as long and as deep as they are, their skin would be a tad thicker and their sense of humor a bit more lenient...

Again, I haven't seen this picture, so maybe it was worse than I imagine.
Doctorwin, you're new to Pace Advantage. Welcome, enjoy your time here. I think you have some good points, but too, others have as well, which is always the case at P.A.

Jason is here. He's vastly talented, still, none of us, certainly myself, are not without our questionable moments. Regardless what we do, or who we work for.

In the interest of fairness. I'll share this. I have no clue regarding a photo. I don't pay much attention. Still, I did see, a few days ago, a tweet by Jason that occurred regarding a scholarship reportedly funded by the Zayats. Friends (followers?) of Jason piled on. All was cute, taking shots, unfortunately, that is ...until Justin Zayat responded to the tweet. The reversals came rushing 'bout like you'd expect of cheap speed.

I like this place 1000% better. Too, as the industry goes, in addition to here, there's more solid sites to get one's info. Twitter, unlike other places, have reported jockeys dead. When they weren't.

There's one person, in this industry, on Twitter who totally understands the platform and has command of it. Too, he doesn't live there. He's a professional. Everyday.

Serling knows the tenets:

1. To show up.

2. To speak up.

3. Then, shut up.

(We're not friends, we don't talk, visit, etc, none of this is a plug for NYRA. If I've embarrassed him I apologize in advance. I respect him.)
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 03:59 PM   #34
doctorwin
Apprentice

I always enjoyed listening to Serling. He gives much more to the sport than he takes from it. However I don't like when he goes after jocks when he loses money on them. Everybody has a bad day, including him. I would have no problem with him if he could work on the personal attacks.

Doctor Win
Old 05-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #35
Grits

Please, remain on task. My comment on A.Serling isn't meant as a deference for the thread. Just my opinion. There are many good comments here.

Quote:
I always enjoyed listening to Serling. He gives much more to the sport than he takes from it. However I don't like when he goes after jocks when he loses money on them. Everybody has a bad day, including him. I would have no problem with him if he could work on the personal attacks.

Doctor Win
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 04:10 PM   #36
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:

Doctor Win
Analysts analyze performance. If Troy Aikman has a bad day in the booth is he not allowed to criticize a bad pass by Aaron Rogers?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 04:13 PM   #37
Valuist

Quote:
We also don't need men who disregard women's opinions because of their looks.
Unless, of course, their looks is what got them the job to express those opinions. I've seen plenty of comments on boards about her, how she's hot, etc, etc, etc.. Lots of guys are apparently attracted to her.

But I don't think I have ever heard anyone say they watch her because of the way she breaks down an NFL game, NBA game, MLB, or racing for that matter.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:16 PM   #38
doctorwin
Apprentice

Nobody will ever convince me that they pay Michelle Beadle or anyone $600 K because their pretty.

Doctor Win
Old 05-26-2016, 04:35 PM   #39
ronsmac

Quote:
Nobody will ever convince me that they pay Michelle Beadle or anyone $600 K because their pretty.

Doctor Win
I have to disagree. The good looking sideline reporter has been around for years. Lisa Guerrero was strictly about looks not her knowledge of the nfl. Fox used to have a woman in their pregame show that was obviously about her looks and sexy banter with howie and the guys. Jillian Barberie maybe? It sells

Last edited by ronsmac; 05-26-2016 at 04:39 PM.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 04:50 PM   #40
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
Anything that tries to limit the number of characters just can't possibly quite jive with racing.
Because racing has an abundance of characters.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 05:14 PM   #41
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I have to disagree. The good looking sideline reporter has been around for years. Lisa Guerrero was strictly about looks not her knowledge of the nfl. Fox used to have a woman in their pregame show that was obviously about her looks and sexy banter with howie and the guys. Jillian Barberie maybe? It sells
I can go back to Jayne Kennedy and before that even Phyllis George.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #42
cordep17

The Twitter world makes criminals of someone who takes a step out of bounds with their word choice, it's not going to be hard to imagine what will happen when those who control information think they have the leverage to have the life victory of being one of the people, at least in their mind, that brought an end to some horrible atrocity they had never even thought twice about because they spotted a winning, 21st century bandwagon and jumped on. When it comes it'll come fast, and that's why I want reform now. Reform before its demanded is a lot more indisputable and would help to keep that bandwagon from leaving the station in the first place. Blur the moral lines before the people who only know horse racing for its negatives get to talking to all of the people who haven't known a positive or negative of the sport and would never have been our target audience. Once that happens, the when rather than if clock will tick. Go win the world over by instigating the change the sport needs to see before the writing is on the wall.

I'm fully aware that the sport will not last and this recommendation is never reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Are you talking to me or Ronsmac? I can only talk for myself, and no, I'm not on a nationally televised channel so nobody cares what I look like. One's opinion is more closely scrutinized when they are in the pubic eye.

What we (racing) don't need is people like her with their negative opinions on the sport.
A strange way to look at it all around. Get mad at disinformation rather than dissenters. "their negative opinions of the sport" is not the problem, the problem is the reality of those opinions...plus, the side with the gross, degenerate men criticizing the looks of the people who are concerned about the welfare of the animals probably won't garner the kind of support you'd need to win the public's mind.
cordep17 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #43
cutchemist42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac
I love racing and I love Beadle. Generally I do think racing is sort of cruel, but my love for it makes me a bit of a hypocrite. I'd say I have a lot more love for the racing than the actual horses. What she's saying does have some truth to it.
Im not sure I really understand her comment. The horses are athletes that sadly die sometimes. I know the rate of horse deaths is much much higher, but humans die in this sport as well as others.

I sometimes struggle with racing, but Im not sure how "cruel" it is. I think much more of the aftercare stuff is truly cruel.
cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 PM   #44
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordep17
The Twitter world makes criminals of someone who takes a step out of bounds with their word choice, it's not going to be hard to imagine what will happen when those who control information think they have the leverage to have the life victory of being one of the people, at least in their mind, that brought an end to some horrible atrocity they had never even thought twice about because they spotted a winning, 21st century bandwagon and jumped on. When it comes it'll come fast, and that's why I want reform now. Reform before its demanded is a lot more indisputable and would help to keep that bandwagon from leaving the station in the first place. Blur the moral lines before the people who only know horse racing for its negatives get to talking to all of the people who haven't known a positive or negative of the sport and would never have been our target audience. Once that happens, the when rather than if clock will tick. Go win the world over by instigating the change the sport needs to see before the writing is on the wall.

I'm fully aware that the sport will not last and this recommendation is never reality.

A strange way to look at it all around. Get mad at disinformation rather than dissenters. "their negative opinions of the sport" is not the problem, the problem is the reality of those opinions...plus, the side with the gross, degenerate men criticizing the looks of the people who are concerned about the welfare of the animals probably won't garner the kind of support you'd need to win the public's mind.
Disinformation? Homeboykris died of a heart attack. I guess if he spent his whole life in a petting zoo it never would've happened.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:14 PM   #45
ronsmac

I see that a horse died in the first race at Churchill. I saw it on twitter. So getting back to the original question. Maybe twitter isn't good for horse racing.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply