Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 09:10 PM   #1
doctorwin
Apprentice

My Bet America Experience.

I'll have to admit what peaked my interest about Bet America was it's generous first deposit match. On Feb 27,2016 I made my $300 initial deposit. I was happy to see that they matched my deposit instantly and all I had to do was bet $3000 to turn my bonus into cash.

When I first navigated around the site I found it easy to use and it's track coverage comprehensive. They offer a staggering variety of TB, Harness and Greyhound tracks.

One reason I was trying Bet America was to take advantage of what I was told were generous wagering bonuses. They do pay good bonuses (1 cent/$ wagered) on select TB, most harness and all Greyhound tracks. On the big tracks like NYRA, Kentucky and Cali they pay no bonus on wagers.
This means I would get no wagering bonuses after my initial deposit bonus.

After playing for a few days I noticed a few other problems. I'll only mention the problems that cost me $$$. The first was that their geolocation system was messed up. It showed that I was in New York. In fact I was in Indiana. This wasn't a problem til Easter day. Sadly in NY you can't wager on Easter day. This means that I wasn't allowed to watch or bet on races on Easter day. I communicated with their customer service department and they said they would fix the problem and they did. I was surprised that after years in business this still was a problem.

I also noticed on many days they didn't post their races until after 11am EST. I didn't like this since I bet in the morning before I start my day. Normally around 9 am.

Since I already had an account I thought I would try playing some Fantasy Baseball. They had a seemingly easy to use interface. However I tried to play on 6 days and could only enter my lineup 3 times. We all know this doesn't happen on the big fantasy sites.

I continued to play for awhile. When I had played the $3000 required to get my bonus I had a decision to make. I had a few questions to ask to help me with my decision so I called the Bet America customer service center. On April 29, 2016 it was impossible for me to get a response on the phone (no answer at all) via chat or Email. This helped me make my decision. Bet America wasn't reliable enough to meet my wagering needs. I will say that I requested a check for $597 Initial deposit + Bonus and received it in about 7 business days.

I'll have to say I was somewhat let down by my Bet America experience. I feel like they really don't take their business seriously. Everything seems like a joke to the from their daily podcast to their customer service. Customers that bet for a living often have large amounts of money in their accounts and need to be able to contact their ADW at any time.

This is my first forum post. Thank you for reading and sorry for my poor grammar.

Doctorwin

Last edited by doctorwin; 05-09-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwin
I'll have to admit what peaked my interest about Bet America was it's generous first deposit match. On Feb 27,2016 I made my $300 initial deposit. I was happy to see that they matched my deposit instantly and all I had to do was bet $3000 to turn my bonus into cash.

When I first navigated around the site I found it easy to use and it's track coverage comprehensive. They offer a staggering variety of TB, Harness and Greyhound tracks.

One reason I was trying Bet America was to take advantage of what I was told were generous wagering bonuses. They do pay good bonuses (1 cent/$ wagered) on select TB, most harness and all Greyhound tracks. On the big tracks like NYRA, Kentucky and Cali they pay no bonus on wagers.
This means I would get no wagering bonuses after my initial deposit bonus.

After playing for a few days I noticed a few other problems. I'll only mention the problems that cost me $$$. The first was that their geolocation system was messed up. It showed that I was in New York. In fact I was in Indiana. This wasn't a problem til Easter day. Sadly in NY you can't wager on Easter day. This means that I wasn't allowed to watch or bet on races on Easter day. I communicated with their customer service department and they said they would fix the problem and they did. I was surprised that after years in business this still was a problem.

I also noticed on many days they didn't post their races until after 11am EST. I didn't like this since I bet in the morning before I start my day. Normally around 9 am.

Since I already had an account I thought I would try playing some Fantasy Baseball. They had a seemingly easy to use interface. However I tried to play on 6 days and could only enter my lineup 3 times. We all know this doesn't happen on the big fantasy sites.

I continued to play for awhile. When I had played the $3000 required to get my bonus I had a decision to make. I had a few questions to ask to help me with my decision so I called the Bet America customer service center. On April 29, 2016 it was impossible for me to get a response on the phone (no answer at all) via chat or Email. This helped me make my decision. Bet America wasn't reliable enough to meet my wagering needs. I will say that I requested a check for $597 Initial deposit + Bonus and received it in about 7 business days.

I'll have to say I was somewhat let down by my Bet America experience. I feel like they really don't take their business seriously. Everything seems like a joke to the from their daily podcast to their customer service. Customers that bet for a living often have large amounts of money in their accounts and need to be able to contact their ADW at any time.

This is my first forum post. Thank you for reading and sorry for my poor grammar.

Doctorwin
Thanks for the heads up doc--and welcome! I saw their website---really impressive, but it struck me as odd they are based out of North Dakota, I think it is? Was wondering if they were actually an offshore Company, with a provisional U.S. license.
One thing I noticed in their advertising--says they'll pay off if you bet a Stakes race and your horse gets DQ'd. Never heard that before.

I mentioned I was having trouble with Twinspires, and might be looking to move on, so really appreciate hearing from a customer instead of a salesman.

Best of luck

-NCG
Old 05-10-2016, 07:28 PM   #3
BettinBilly
Educated Speculation

Welcome, Doctor.

Thanks for the critique of BetAmerica.

I've had the big three (TVG-TwinSpires-Xpressbet) for years. I think every ADW has their share of ups and downs, or features and benefits if you prefer looking at it that way. I thought about BetAmerica but decided with three ADW arrows in my betting quiver, I didn't need a fourth.

Just this last Derby-Day, TVG (at least my access to TVG) was down for about 1/2 hour just after the Derby, and right when I was finishing some handicapping for a few more races for the day. I needed to place a few bets. Really a big deal if that was the only ADW you had and they were down. They just put up a screen that said they were down and you could call their toll free to wager.

I switched to xPressBet and was off and running.

I've had issues with TVG and with TwinSpires. Strangely, never an issue with xPressBet, and at the onset, I would have thought that xPressBet was going to be the least dependable. It sure proved me wrong.

I did a total write-up of all three a few years ago here on PA. As I have said, every ADW has their share of highlights and lowlights. Personally, I'd always want at least two for redundancy.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:19 PM   #4
doctorwin
Apprentice

A little follow up to my Bet America post

What happened after I posted my Bet America critique was even more interesting than before.
Very soon after my post I was contacted by Pete Laverick Director of VIP Services at Bet America. In his message he apologized for the problems on the Bet America site and pretty much convinced me to give them a second chance.
Today I logon to Twitter and discover Bet America has blocked my on Twitter. I mean WTF? I didn't come back fast enough?
I for the life of me don't understand what is going on at that site. I'm sure Mr. Laverick didn't block me. I don't think I'll ever figure that site out.

Doctor Win
Old 05-15-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
RaceTrackDaddy

Quote:
What happened after I posted my Bet America critique was even more interesting than before.
Very soon after my post I was contacted by Pete Laverick Director of VIP Services at Bet America. In his message he apologized for the problems on the Bet America site and pretty much convinced me to give them a second chance.
Today I logon to Twitter and discover Bet America has blocked my on Twitter. I mean WTF? I didn't come back fast enough?
I for the life of me don't understand what is going on at that site. I'm sure Mr. Laverick didn't block me. I don't think I'll ever figure that site out.

Doctor Win
I have had my run ins with many ADW, starting with Xpressbet formerly Call A Bet when the Meadows first created it in the 1980's. I migrated to EbetUSA then Youbet then Winticket that later incorporated the last two into TwinSpires when Churchill bought them. I got interested in betting dog races (seeing I am located close to Meadows harness track, Wheeling dog track and Mountaineer thoroughbred track).

I have had problems with each and left Betamerica (whom I have been with the last four years) for WatchandWager.com. until recently when the money transferred between my checking account to them took over a week and I am still waiting for my money that I wanted withdrawn since the 10th of the month. I have to believe that since a test run from Bank America was able to deposit a penny into my account from W&W on the 10th was deposited in my checking account on the 12th the system works. It is W&W that is floating the deposits world wide and gaining interest of the thousands of accounts he has with the parent company of which W&W is but a subsidiary.

I am now back with Betamerica as it serves my purposes the best even with the drawbacks.

Have to admit that Twinspires has the fastest system for deposits and withdraws which has happened on next day basis. I do know that their bank is PNC and mine is Citizens.

Betamerica is two days either way. Watchandwager is a total ripoff although I have found their rewards best for me, but what good is rewards when it takes forever to get your money?

just my two cents.
rtd

Last edited by RaceTrackDaddy; 05-15-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:36 PM   #6
iceknight

Quote:

Doctor Win
geolocation, twitter block etc etc..
You may be allowing the site to set default values. I have used bet america website and app from multiple states by using the pull down menu during login and never had problems.
Except Xpressbet and Twinspires almost all of the mother ADWs make you choose the state every login. The major two have it hardwired based on your signup residence.
Old 05-16-2016, 10:19 AM   #7
doctorwin
Apprentice

I am happy to say that Bet America has fixed the geolocation function on it's website. BTW have you every tried The Greyhound Channel? It's gives you all the signals including the largest Derby Lane.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:11 PM   #8
chaz63

I'm sorry to here of the bad experiences at BetAmerica. I have to say that I have had a great experience, there are hiccups(like TVG Derby outage), but they have been great to me. So, just wanted to throw in my two cents. Jason Beem does the morning podcast, and IMO he does a good job. And I've also had a great experience and great communications with Peter. They just brought on Michelle Yu on as well. Not trying to minimize the problems the people above had. When you feel an ADW let you down, it's a bad feeling. Hope things get better with the issues people of had. Thanks
Old 05-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #9
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
One problem I have had with their "live" feed (note quotation marks).They are 4-5 seconds behind the feed on xpressbet, if I'm playing BA, I'll have the xpressbet video on so as to not miss out on a last second bet..Their feed is also more likely to stop and start during the race, never an issue with xpressbet, I play BA for their bonuses and their array of tracks.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:22 PM   #10
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
I saw their website---really impressive, but it struck me as odd they are based out of North Dakota, I think it is? Was wondering if they were actually an offshore Company, with a provisional U.S. license.

-NCG
North Dakota is a wagering hub for some ADWs. The majority are out of Oregon.
Closed Thread