Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-29-2021, 07:53 PM   #1
PIC6SIX

Cool DELMAR 6TH RACE LARCENY TODAY

The stewards make no change and the #7 horse should have been taken down. I do not see how there was no change. Winning wagers have no room for any justification?????
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #2
Nitro

Thumbs up

That's your opinion!
This horse racing my friend and that's called race riding!
I wish I saw more jockeys would be as aggressive with their mounts while trying to win!
Rispoli's ride on #7 reminded me of the way Angel Cordero rode many a horse to victory. Good for him!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 08:21 PM   #3
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIC6SIX View Post
The stewards make no change and the #7 horse should have been taken down. I do not see how there was no change. Winning wagers have no room for any justification?????
The horse that the #7 bumped, the #8, was backing up before the incident. #8 was losing position b/c he was tired, even w/o the bump.
Gamblin4ever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 08:31 PM   #4
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin4ever View Post
The horse that the #7 bumped, the #8, was backing up before the incident. #8 was losing position b/c he was tired, even w/o the bump.
You're correct. Rispoli will likely get day but he didn't cost the other horse a placing.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 09:01 PM   #5
PIC6SIX

Cool

Stewards can do whatever they want to do. Sticks in my mind to this day it was either AQ or BEL Migliore gets taken down for slight bump etc and few races later JR stays up for a similar infraction. To quote T. Pletcher, "The stewards need to be consistent when calling infractions". End of story. Stewards are the dictators of the game. In this digital age there is no need for stewards, let the computer digitization do the final judgement. But that will never be instituted.
PIC6SIX is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 09:21 PM   #6
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
That's your opinion!
This horse racing my friend and that's called race riding!
I wish I saw more jockeys would be as aggressive with their mounts while trying to win!
Rispoli's ride on #7 reminded me of the way Angel Cordero rode many a horse to victory. Good for him!
Oh boy Angel Cordero.. Hall Of Fame rider and the absolute KING of herding. I would say at least 10% of his wins would be disqualified if he rode in this era.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 09:35 PM   #7
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Oh boy Angel Cordero.. Hall Of Fame rider and the absolute KING of herding. I would say at least 10% of his wins would be disqualified if he rode in this era.
Same goes for Patrick Valenzuela, master of the squeeze. Miss wagering on that guy, he was a mo fo for other riders to deal with daily and the best friend of the bettors.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 07-29-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2021, 10:37 PM   #8
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
You're correct. Rispoli will likely get day but he didn't cost the other horse a placing.
My opinion has #2 taken down from bumping #9 who bumped #4 right behind #7 on the Head on replay, but same thing, no cost of placement unless you think it cost #4. But, it was a scramble at that time of the race. I do agree about consistency needed from the stewards.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:43 PM   #9
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamblin4ever View Post
My opinion has #2 taken down from bumping #9 who bumped #4 right behind #7 on the Head on replay, but same thing, no cost of placement unless you think it cost #4. But, it was a scramble at that time of the race. I do agree about consistency needed from the stewards.
Ah, the real "C" word consistency. All it means is agree. If I make 10 consecutive decisions you agree with. I'm consistent. If you don't agree with #11. I've now lost my consistency.

Simple as that.

Most overrated word in the history of horse racing.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:51 PM   #10
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Ah, the real "C" word consistency. All it means is agree. If I make 10 consecutive decisions you agree with. I'm consistent. If you don't agree with #11. I've now lost my consistency.

Simple as that.

I don't think there's anything stewards will do that will please horseplayers. After all, what we want is for them to never take down horses we bet on and always take down ones that beat the ones we bet on.

But I will say this about consistency- it's certainly what any umpire of any sport SHOULD aim for, even if it is impossible to achieve.

One of the reasons I really admired the Churchill stewards for taking down Maximum Security is because it looked like they applied the exact same standard to the Derby that they would have applied in a $50,000 claimer on a Friday. And that's what you want.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 12:11 AM   #11
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post

Simple as that.

No, but same thing happens in 2 different races, Stewards disqualify horse in 1st race, but not 4th race. Where is the consistency, unless it is that they are not consistent with their rulings. I'm Just using the race #s as example only.

Last edited by Gamblin4ever; 07-30-2021 at 12:12 AM.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:13 AM   #12
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I don't think there's anything stewards will do that will please horseplayers. After all, what we want is for them to never take down horses we bet on and always take down ones that beat the ones we bet on.

But I will say this about consistency- it's certainly what any umpire of any sport SHOULD aim for, even if it is impossible to achieve.

One of the reasons I really admired the Churchill stewards for taking down Maximum Security is because it looked like they applied the exact same standard to the Derby that they would have applied in a $50,000 claimer on a Friday. And that's what you want.
Correct.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:37 AM   #13
taxicab

Considering the stewards DQ last Saturday in the 6th @ DMR.........the winner should of been DQed today.
You can't have it one way on Saturday and a different way two racing days later for the same infraction.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 12:52 AM   #14
Gamblin4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post
Considering the stewards DQ last Saturday in the 6th @ DMR.........the winner should of been DQed today.
You can't have it one way on Saturday and a different way two racing days later for the same infraction.
That's what I'm saying, show consistency in rulings.

For the record, I didn't wager on either race.
Old 07-30-2021, 12:59 AM   #15
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicab View Post

This post nailed it 100% - how could any of the stewards defend the DQ from Saturday & then turn around & explain how this was allowable. IMO each of these races were a textbook case of don't punish the bettors/connections, but sit the jock down for several days.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply