Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-01-2023, 02:06 PM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Those names you listed in the second paragraph are a perfect list of pseudoscientists, scammers and snake oil salesmen. And Rumble has the reliability of a Yugo.
Pseudoscientists? One of them is one of the most published medical doctors around and certainly within his field of specialty.

Why do you make up such nonsense?

You can't gaslight those of us who are immune at this point. You realize this, right?
Old 02-01-2023, 02:42 PM   #32
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
I cannot put in words the disdain I have for the MSM. They are the ones that are supposed to be protecting society and holding our government officials and decision makers accountable. They have completely failed us and continue to fail us daily. I have similar feelings about the entire medical establishment with the exceptions of those putting their careers on the line to save lives and educate us. Seriously how important is wealth, fame, power when it comes at such a great cost.

I am not religious but a Godless society is a very dangerous one. Sadly, this country has become very secular and is paying the price because of that. I am sure this last sentence will be attacked but I believe it 100%. I don't have to be a Christian or any other religion to realize the importance it plays in having a good society. For many once they receive their success in life the striving game is over and without God in their life they are empty. They turn into a George Soros, or Bill Gates, or Dr. Fauci (I am Science ). They have to make themselves into Gods to enjoy the fact that they have made it in life. They put morally bankrupt people in power and you have what our country has become. When people in powerful positions don't have a moral compass what do you have?
I couldn't possibly agree more on everything.

I was raised Catholic, but that's almost irrelevant. I could be almost any religion and understand that there are objective truths and morals to our existence. Good and evil are not just some subjective secular thing that a handful of leftists get to define. And without that understanding, a society will decay rapidly.

For me, they have gone beyond a debate about their "moral relativism".

I think the "left" in this country is now essentially evil.

I want to be very clear I'm not talking about rank and file democrats that are worried about healthcare, social security, education, climate etc... Those are mostly good people with whom I sometimes disagree when it comes to the pecking order of our problems and their solutions. I'm talking about the real leftist leadership in government, media, and power (the latter being guys like Gates, Schwab, Soros). I think they are intrinsically evil sociopaths supporting and pushing evil agendas. In religious terms they are Satanic.

The same thing now extends to many in the corporate world (like the drug companies, Wall St, Hollywood etc..) They have moved past the greed stage to outright evil.
Old 02-01-2023, 08:30 PM   #33
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 02-01-2023, 10:33 PM   #34
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

As someone who suffers from congestive heart failure for the last 10 years that was at first pretty bad but has responded well to medication where I am now considered to have low end of normal for heart function, I am going to say that video where experts claimed that was caused by a common cold is about the stupidest thing I ever heard. She is either lying or her doctor is.

I let mine go too far before seeking medical attention, thinking I just had pneumonia. First time I guessed wrong with playing internet doctor. After a battery of tests, I had body cavity fluid build up drained, and started on various medications. I was 52 and 50 pounds overweight and could not exercise. They gave various reasons that were possible for my condition the mildest thing they mentioned was severe pneumonia, also saying sickness causing heart trouble mostly happens in the elderly, or people with compromised immune systems. I say the news lady, considering her health and fitness, the chance of a cold giving her heart trouble are very slim to none.

Before someone asks if I play a doctor on TV or stay at Holiday Inns the answers are no and no. What I do know is doctors these days will lie for a price or to sell an agenda. Look at doctors on TV endorsing snake oil products, that you can Google and find all the negative press. I am sure many are aware of the BS claims surgeons made about the 5.56mm Nato round shot by the AR-15 rifle.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2023, 11:04 PM   #35
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Anyone with even half a brain cell dedicated to critical thinking looks at the video of the MSNBC anchor and just sees LIAR or FOOL. Take your pick.

Something tells me she's not lying. But I can definitely believe her to be a fool, just like a lot of other people since this thing started.
Old 02-01-2023, 11:39 PM   #36
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Anyone with even half a brain cell dedicated to critical thinking looks at the video of the MSNBC anchor and just sees LIAR or FOOL. Take your pick.

Something tells me she's not lying. But I can definitely believe her to be a fool, just like a lot of other people since this thing started.

I could see a doctor telling her that, and her being foolish enough to believe it. I have yet to find a medical professional I have seen on a professional basis say anything negative about the vaccine, they seem to either play deaf ears or try to dance around my questions and comments. Bad mouthing the jabs for a doctor is probably akin to a scientist saying man made climate change is made up.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2023, 03:32 AM   #37
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I couldn't possibly agree more on everything.

I was raised Catholic, but that's almost irrelevant. I could be almost any religion and understand that there are objective truths and morals to our existence. Good and evil are not just some subjective secular thing that a handful of leftists get to define. And without that understanding, a society will decay rapidly.

For me, they have gone beyond a debate about their "moral relativism".

I think the "left" in this country is now essentially evil.

I want to be very clear I'm not talking about rank and file democrats that are worried about healthcare, social security, education, climate etc... Those are mostly good people with whom I sometimes disagree when it comes to the pecking order of our problems and their solutions. I'm talking about the real leftist leadership in government, media, and power (the latter being guys like Gates, Schwab, Soros). I think they are intrinsically evil sociopaths supporting and pushing evil agendas. In religious terms they are Satanic.

The same thing now extends to many in the corporate world (like the drug companies, Wall St, Hollywood etc..) They have moved past the greed stage to outright evil.
What damage has Gates or Schwab or Soros done to you personally? Don't the ultra-rich on BOTH sides of the political spectrum "support and push evil agendas"? SO WHAT? Do I have to succumb to whatever pressure the ultra-rich apply upon our world? Do you?
Old 02-02-2023, 03:48 AM   #38
thaskalos

Quote:
I am not religious but a Godless society is a very dangerous one. Sadly, this country has become very secular and is paying the price because of that. I am sure this last sentence will be attacked but I believe it 100%. I don't have to be a Christian or any other religion to realize the importance it plays in having a good society. For many once they receive their success in life the striving game is over and without God in their life they are empty. They turn into a George Soros, or Bill Gates, or Dr. Fauci (I am Science ). They have to make themselves into Gods to enjoy the fact that they have made it in life. They put morally bankrupt people in power and you have what our country has become. When people in powerful positions don't have a moral compass what do you have?
Let me understand you here. You say that you are not religious...and yet you condemn the "Godless society" that you say this country has become. As a secular person yourself, you are a part of the "very secular" society that you call 'very dangerous'...and yet you no doubt consider yourself to be a responsible, solid citizen. If your secular views haven't made YOU a menace to our society...why can't the OTHER secular people remain equally unaffected? Is there something "special" about YOU?

Last edited by thaskalos; 02-02-2023 at 03:56 AM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2023, 09:12 AM   #39
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let me understand you here. You say that you are not religious...and yet you condemn the "Godless society" that you say this country has become. As a secular person yourself, you are a part of the "very secular" society that you call 'very dangerous'...and yet you no doubt consider yourself to be a responsible, solid citizen. If your secular views haven't made YOU a menace to our society...why can't the OTHER secular people remain equally unaffected? Is there something "special" about YOU?
Very good question. Very fair question. A very complex question. One I am going to have to think about some and put together the best response I can on Monday or Tuesday (my off days when I am fresh enough to do it).

Regarding your question to CH. Can I throw that back at you when you are trying to stay on your Hee Man diet of eggs and beef but the only thing available is just egg, Impossible or beyond Beef and bugs (so tasty too).
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2023, 01:28 PM   #40
thaskalos

Quote:
Regarding your question to CH. Can I throw that back at you when you are trying to stay on your Hee Man diet of eggs and beef but the only thing available is just egg, Impossible or beyond Beef and bugs (so tasty too).
My problem with CH stems from his refusal to acknowledge the role that the Republican billionaires have played in the "destruction" of our society. He blames George Soros for the evils of our society... but he conveniently ignores the Koch brothers, who also threw their weight around and changed political policy whenever it suited their own private interests. The ultra-rich from BOTH sides of the political spectrum have been doing this...since the beginning of life as we know it.

Let's not forget that the covid vaccine wasn't a Democratic invention; then President Trump was the vaccine's biggest supporter. It was rushed into production and distribution because our government prioritizes the health of our economy over the physical wellbeing of the citizenry. And this also has been going on since the beginning of life as we know it.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:36 PM   #41
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Let's not forget that the covid vaccine wasn't a Democratic invention; then President Trump was the vaccine's biggest supporter. It was rushed into production and distribution because
I'll definitely never forget this, and is one of my biggest gripes with Trump

He had no problem making this happen because he thought it would make him into the savior of the universe and the powers that be had no problem convincing him of such nonsense.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:53 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Well, it's been a couple of years, so I guess everyone forgot what really happe\ned.

Trump, as POTUS, did the right thing and fast-tracked the vax development. He cut the red tape, and he projected a positive hope for it being on the way and a silver bullet, as is the job of the leader, to avoid panic, give hope.
It was Biden and Harris who poo-pooed the vax and accussed it of being bad because of Trump, as if HE developed it!

Trump did not force anyone to get a vax or be fired.

And remember too, Trump provided an entire Hospital Ship smack dab in NY Harbor, that was not used at all, by a Dem governor, who instead put infected seniors nto nursing homes where 10,000 patient the died.

The only thing Trump did wrong with Covid was to listen to that moron Fauci.
Old 02-02-2023, 01:59 PM   #43
AndyC

Quote:
I'll definitely never forget this, and is one of my biggest gripes with Trump

He had no problem making this happen because he thought it would make him into the savior of the universe and the powers that be had no problem convincing him of such nonsense.

My problem with Trump is not that he made it happen it's that he continued to support the use of the vaccine even after all of the negative data started rushing in.

What Trump did pales in comparison to the narrative that was/is coming from the current administration. Take the vaccine and you won't get Covid and you can't spread Covid! Natural immunity does not protect! It's just a coincidence that young healthy people are dying from heart problems!
Old 02-02-2023, 02:11 PM   #44
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Well, it's been a couple of years, so I guess everyone forgot what really happe\ned.

Trump, as POTUS, did the right thing and fast-tracked the vax development. He cut the red tape, and he projected a positive hope for it being on the way and a silver bullet, as is the job of the leader, to avoid panic, give hope.
It was Biden and Harris who poo-pooed the vax and accussed it of being bad because of Trump, as if HE developed it!

Trump did not force anyone to get a vax or be fired.

And remember too, Trump provided an entire Hospital Ship smack dab in NY Harbor, that was not used at all, by a Dem governor, who instead put infected seniors nto nursing homes where 10,000 patient the died.

The only thing Trump did wrong with Covid was to listen to that moron Fauci.
Thanks for the reminder...and your points are quite valid.

Trump did not force anyone to take the vaccine.

Those that DID, making it virtually "mandatory" to re-enter society, for all intents and purposes, were the major offenders that perpetrated a massive crime on our country.

If you wanted to take it, fine. It's a free country.

But to basically force people into taking it...that was unconscionable.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 02-02-2023 at 02:12 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-02-2023, 02:51 PM   #45
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.

Pretty clear safety signal starting almost two years ago in the Israeli data.

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 02-02-2023 at 02:59 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply