Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-04-2023, 10:02 AM   #46
lex

I think Graham supports Trump because he can get away with it. They've always had a decent relationship and Graham is one of the few people who can speak out on specific policies and not get blowback. Graham connects Trump to more conservative Republicans since Trump is not really conservative in any way. And if Trump fails Graham can easily move on to support someone else. There just seems to be some sort of actual friendship there which is pretty rare for Trump.

DeSantis has to take his shot right now. If a Republican takes Biden out Desantis will be out of office and old news the next time around. Although I'd like Rick Scott to go away and let him go to the Senate. Why Republicans are ok with Scott being any sort of face for the GOP is beyond me. That guy is creepy and hard to listen to.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 04:20 PM   #47
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
I think Graham supports Trump because he can get away with it. They've always had a decent relationship and Graham is one of the few people who can speak out on specific policies and not get blowback. Graham connects Trump to more conservative Republicans since Trump is not really conservative in any way. And if Trump fails Graham can easily move on to support someone else. There just seems to be some sort of actual friendship there which is pretty rare for Trump.

DeSantis has to take his shot right now. If a Republican takes Biden out Desantis will be out of office and old news the next time around. Although I'd like Rick Scott to go away and let him go to the Senate. Why Republicans are ok with Scott being any sort of face for the GOP is beyond me. That guy is creepy and hard to listen to.
Now he is a politician who was a decent Governor, he is a numbers guy and a businessman at heart. Some don't like business types because they go fast for what has good numbers on the paper, and in turn do not try to please everyone. I think he is a better chief executive than a Senator, there was someone named DeSantis that was a shoe in as he was also a shoe in for his slot. Had he waited there would not be a DeSantis. To coin President Trump "this is a messy business politics"
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #48
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Ding!!
response to #14

Except for the facts. I don't think any of us are going to like it if deals are cut leading up to the convention. Going out on a stretch we can say President Biden will be the nominee of his party, but that could suddenly change as everything can for this early part. I am chomping at the bit to see something happen in the process, plus I think after nominee's are set the Biden machine and everyone could blow up, if you think he has had luck you have to suspect it will give out.

Last edited by fast4522; 02-04-2023 at 04:49 PM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply