Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-04-2022, 12:17 PM   #16
MJC922

I just watched it. Not terrible but I think the problem with the ride is indecision and a lack of a real plan. When you're much the best in this situation on a closer in what is essentially a marathon three-turn race and drawn toward the inside it's probably better to walk out and snug down drop back to last then tip out to go one off the rail for most of the trip so you can move when it's critical to. The horse has hard luck as many closers do, tactical disadvantages. I thought the BC race for this horse was a terrible ride tbh, the rider absolutely emptied her out in a rush so much so that she flattened in deep stretch. She needed to move at that point but it was done so abruptly and widest it was like a total desperation move. I love the horse btw but it's tough to watch. I hate to be too critical of these riders, it's not easy, I would not do much better (probably worse) if I were making these decisions on the fly in the saddle.

Last edited by MJC922; 09-04-2022 at 12:32 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 12:56 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I've seen more agessive rides on a merry-go-round.

But it wasn't the worst ride of the meet.
Not even top 20.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

I don't know the horse nor did I look at the Racing Form. I would say masterful ride on the more than bad ride on the . Pedestrian like fractions all the way to the head of the stretch. The was never impeded during the whole journey and was in the clear with enough distance left to win 95% of the time with that late charge. The jockey on the lulled them all to sleep and had too much left for the stretch run.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 05:23 PM   #19
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I've seen more agessive rides on a merry-go-round.

But it wasn't the worst ride of the meet.
Not even top 20.
Correction. After today's races, it's not even in the top 25~!
Old 09-06-2022, 03:25 PM   #20
Brass Hat

I blame myself for jinxing her. If I can't find a way to make money inside the race with an odds on horse, I will usually single that horse in a multi-race wager, which I usually never play and which, when I do, I never win.

Looking at the early pace figures I could not determine who would be on the lead, but since Rosario had her closer to the pace in her previous two races I did not think it would be a problem for her. I did not expect he would take her back but I always assume there is a good reason for Rosario to do so.

Last edited by Brass Hat; 09-06-2022 at 03:27 PM.
Brass Hat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply