Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-20-2022, 04:23 PM   #76
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I will have to see if that is the tact when I see other people such as politicians when the get arrested and are interviewed, seems to me they are asked anyways. I could be wrong, just what I am used to seeing in media clips.
They can ask. I assume he or his people are just letting everyone know he won't answer...so why waste their time?

Of course an interviewer can ask whatever they want. If they actually want an interview, they know not to ask about that.
Old 08-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #77
jimmyb

Could be she turned her keys in to CB but had a copy made prior. If roles were reversed CB would still have been arrested for minimum of trespassing.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 04:52 PM   #78
lex

Since he referred to the woman in bed as his girlfriend it's possible she knew full well he was there with her and flipped out. Maybe he recently led her on or whatever.

Not sure we'll ever know the truth unless he has some proof that he's been bugging her. If she really went crazy on him he has a right to defend himself. And I say that as a chick.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 05:22 PM   #79
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
he is going to plead it down and get like 3 months suspended. Its just a misdemeanor.
I agree he will plead down and get a fairly light sentence. He would be crazy to take it to trial unless there's something really different about this case that we don't know.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 09:36 PM   #80
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Since he referred to the woman in bed as his girlfriend it's possible she knew full well he was there with her and flipped out. Maybe he recently led her on or whatever.

Not sure we'll ever know the truth unless he has some proof that he's been bugging her. If she really went crazy on him he has a right to defend himself. And I say that as a chick.
If it was that serious you don’t get out that quickly with a bond that low. The way the media reported it was as if it was attempted murder. I don’t think he will need to plead to anything and the case will be thrown out.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2022, 09:41 PM   #81
Henry Gondorff

Men don’t seem to ever realize the significance of giving their house keys to a woman with whom he’s been intimate. (I learned this from the ‘two and a half men’ episode where Charlie gives Chelsea Alan’s house key).

Women take it very seriously. Chad should’ve known better. He should’ve taken the key back or changed the lock. Other option Is to take his other girls to a discreet hotel for dates.

I’m dropping CB’s power rating by 3 points.

Last edited by Henry Gondorff; 08-20-2022 at 09:46 PM.
Henry Gondorff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 07:14 AM   #82
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
If it was that serious you don’t get out that quickly with a bond that low. The way the media reported it was as if it was attempted murder. I don’t think he will need to plead to anything and the case will be thrown out.
Asphyxiating a woman is a very serious charge. Bond is set based mostly on flight risk- Brown, who has to stay in New York and train his horses, is a very low flight risk.

And it's 2022. We don't "throw out" meritorious domestic violence charges anymore. The system learned its lesson after stuff like OJ Simpson, where there were repeated 911 calls due to domestic violence as well as one charge that was treated completely unseriously, and which eventually led to him thinking he could get away with murder.

Again, unless the facts are other than what we have heard in some way that's highly exculpatory to Brown, he's going to have to take a plea or risk a jury trial.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 07:38 AM   #83
westernmassbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Asphyxiating a woman is a very serious charge. Bond is set based mostly on flight risk- Brown, who has to stay in New York and train his horses, is a very low flight risk.

And it's 2022. We don't "throw out" meritorious domestic violence charges anymore. The system learned its lesson after stuff like OJ Simpson, where there were repeated 911 calls due to domestic violence as well as one charge that was treated completely unseriously, and which eventually led to him thinking he could get away with murder.

Again, unless the facts are other than what we have heard in some way that's highly exculpatory to Brown, he's going to have to take a plea or risk a jury trial.
Asphyxiating is a very serious charge and is akin to attempted murder. It wouldn’t be about flight risk if it was taken seriously, it would be worrying about him back on the street trying to finish what he started. Also of course there is more to the story then what everyone is hearing.....he wouldn’t be out on such a low bond if there wasn’t . If this women pressed charges they will eventually be dropped.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:03 PM   #84
Inner Dirt

If there is proof he grabbed her around the neck, he needs to pay a big price.
If she is lying she should bear some consequences. A lot of people aren't themselves during a break up, the craziness goes both ways. There is a guy I grew up with, he was a real live choir boy, our bond was our interest in cars. He married at 21, divorced 10 years later. Wife got a restraining order he wasn't allowed visitation for his kid. I believed him when he said she told a bunch of lies, and her family backed her up. He married again a couple years later, but ended up with a quick divorce. He gets thrown in jail for stalking ex-wife #2. I bailed him out of jail, this time once again not his fault. He had nowhere to go so I lent him money to get settled out town where he found a
job he was a truck driver.

He vanished, every once in a while I do Google searches for people from the past. He turned up on the sex offenders list and was listed as homeless.
Moral of the story who knows what goes on behind closed doors.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 05:42 PM   #85
westernmassbob

One final thought about this. If it’s remotely possible that CB pleads guilty to some type of lesser charge etc.. then NYRA most certainly must suspend him for a certain period of time. If not then what does that tell you ?
Old 08-21-2022, 08:14 PM   #86
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why must they suspend him?

Is he an employee?

Is his offense racing-related?

Did the offense occur on NYRA property?

That's a no on all three counts...I think.

I'm dumb though...so send me to school...teach me why they "MOST CERTAINLY MUST."

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-21-2022 at 08:15 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 08:19 PM   #87
Suff
Beat up 💪

The key was inside a hollow ceramic duck on the porch.
Old 08-21-2022, 09:14 PM   #88
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Is he an employee?

I'm dumb though...so send me to school...teach me why they "MOST CERTAINLY MUST."
Sorry, if what has been accused of him is true (IF), then there should be action taken against him by NYRA

Chad is one of the biggest names at one of the biggest tracks. Trying to sweep something like that under the rug and expecting the public to just accept it is quite frankly bad for business.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 09:40 PM   #89
myohmyjustify

own
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Is he an employee?

Chad Brown attempted to kill this woman, that is why he must be suspended, celebrity status notwithstanding.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2022, 09:50 PM   #90
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Why must NYRA suspend him? What about all the other tracks? Does he have a string anywhere else?

Remember, I'm dumb.

And I like how you guys have him convicted already...

He attempted to kill her? Then why hasn't he been charged with attempted murder?

I love the internet.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-21-2022 at 09:54 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply