Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 06:57 AM   #1
Brisk Urging
Veteran

What a game..

Sgt Lindo hmm

Last edited by cj; 11-28-2022 at 10:45 AM.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 09:33 AM   #2
elhelmete

twitter links, cool.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 09:36 AM   #3
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
twitter links, cool.

What difference does that make?

Linda's Rice former assistant caught with needles back in 2004 was named Nyra steward.Samantha Randozzo

Stabile threats towards nyra Stewards Baeza..

Last edited by Brisk Urging; 11-28-2022 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 09:45 AM   #4
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
What difference does that make?
It may be the thought that there is no clue what you're posting about until one clicks on the links. You can do whatever you like and post however you want. Some enjoy relevant subject lines and a short summary of the info. Without that, we often get duplicate threads about the same subject (not that having GOOD subject lines always prevents that). Again, your call.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 10:00 AM   #5
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Samantha Randazzo has been named The Jockey Club steward for the New York Racing Association. She takes the place of Dr. Jennifer Durenberger who was appointed as the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority Equine Safety & Welfare Director.

She was caught with needles and drugs banned from the grounds back in 2004 fined $600
Old 11-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #6
Boomer

So now that the ridiculous Jessica bashing thread has played itself out its time to bash a son for the sins of his father and a woman who erred 17 years ago.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 10:24 AM   #7
BarchCapper

Quote:
Samantha Randazzo has been named The Jockey Club steward for the New York Racing Association. She takes the place of Dr. Jennifer Durenberger who was appointed as the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority Equine Safety & Welfare Director.

She was caught with needles and drugs banned from the grounds back in 2004 fined $600
I'm OK with those who want to hold the viewpoint "once is too much" for her to ever be a steward - even if they were legal therapeutic drugs (what kind of drugs is not clear in the ruling).

But for me, one violation, 18 years ago in 2004, (it actually occurred in 2003) with the evidence of a lot of work put into building/re-building a reputation since then - vet tech, law school, harness steward accreditation, thoroughbred steward accreditation, working her way up the racing official/steward ranks in various states - doesn't disqualify her.

As far as NYRA stewards go, my greater concern personally is the state steward, Braulio Baeza, Jr., who has singular authority (other stewards only have "input") over issuing jockey suspensions. I do not hold out much hope for the policing of dangerous race riding getting better as long as he is the NY state steward.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:25 AM   #8
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
So now that the ridiculous Jessica bashing thread has played itself out its time to bash a son for the sins of his father and a woman who erred 17 years ago.
No one is bashing anyone im simply posting news.Get over it

Hey Boomer what about Samantha Randazzo ??

Last edited by Brisk Urging; 11-28-2022 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:33 AM   #9
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
I'm OK with those who want to hold the viewpoint "once is too much" for her to ever be a steward - even if they were legal therapeutic drugs (what kind of drugs is not clear in the ruling).

But for me, one violation, 18 years ago in 2004, (it actually occurred in 2003) with the evidence of a lot of work put into building/re-building a reputation since then - vet tech, law school, harness steward accreditation, thoroughbred steward accreditation, working her way up the racing official/steward ranks in various states - doesn't disqualify her.

As far as NYRA stewards go, my greater concern personally is the state steward, Braulio Baeza, Jr., who has singular authority (other stewards only have "input") over issuing jockey suspensions. I do not hold out much hope for the policing of dangerous race riding getting better as long as he is the NY state steward.

She was banned from the grounds she was connected with Linda Rica whos under investigation for bribing officials..

Second chance thats ok

No way should she be hired for this position.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:44 AM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Edited original so people can see the tweets without having to leave the site.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 10:59 AM   #11
Boomer

Quote:
No one is bashing anyone im simply posting news.Get over it

Hey Boomer what about Samantha Randazzo ??

Agree with barchcapper on Samantha.

May not be bashing but it implies things that are not reality like implying this was the young Anthony and not the elder.

As far as Samantha, she had a single issue 17 years ago. Much less than most trainers training today. Do I believe because of that issue and based on the positive things she has done with her life since she will somehow be a larcenous steward? No, she will do just fine.

Even your thread title is biased so don't say you are just offering news.

Last edited by cj; 11-28-2022 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:03 AM   #12
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Agree with barchcapper on Samantha.

May not be bashing but it implies things that are not reality like implying this was the young Anthony and not the elder.

As far as Samantha, she had a single issue 17 years ago. Much less than most trainers training today. Do I believe because of that issue and based on the positive things she has done with her life since she will somehow be a larcenous steward? No, she will do just fine.

Shouldnt be hired for that position she was working for Linda Rice a trainer under investigation for bribing officials

Reality?

Last edited by cj; 11-28-2022 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:11 AM   #13
Boomer

Quote:

Shouldnt be hired for that position she was working for Linda Rice a trainer under investigation for bribing officials

Reality?

Why is Linda still training?

Last edited by cj; 11-28-2022 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #14
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Edited original so people can see the tweets without having to leave the site.
What is the trick to this? I see some get the tweets to show up - but others, including myself, don't. What do I/we need to do to make that work when we want to share tweets and make it easier for others? (I currently use "Copy Link" from a Tweet and paste that link.)
Old 11-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
What is the trick to this? I see some get the tweets to show up - but others, including myself, don't. What do I/we need to do to make that work when we want to share tweets and make it easier for others? (I currently use "Copy Link" from a Tweet and paste that link.)
Remove the ? and anything after.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: