Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-26-2022, 03:03 PM   #76
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
if his software were junk, you'd have heard about it by now...it's been around forever

Pricey, yes...we've heard that a lot...junk? Don't recall many people claiming that.

Maybe you can find another windmill
Very good point- I think those that would call it junk, had small bankrolls and couldnt sustain the ValueCapping approach because of bankroll size or too aggressive betting.

The software itself, does what it claims to do....as a TOOL- that is all.
Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 06:13 PM   #77
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
if his software were junk, you'd have heard about it by now...it's been around forever

Pricey, yes...we've heard that a lot...junk? Don't recall many people claiming that.

Maybe you can find another windmill
Sure.....I could comment but you'll probably ban me again...
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 06:25 PM   #78
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Sure.....I could comment but you'll probably ban me again...
You never owned it, so why would I listen to you about it?
Old 10-26-2022, 06:59 PM   #79
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhaney0423 View Post
Mike,

You are forgetting he posts those rant videos on like a Wed or a Thurs before a big Saturday race. He has no clue what the weather or the scratches will do to the race. In most cases, with big Stakes races there just isn't that many obvious value opportunities. He is also only posting at most like the Derby and maybe 3 or 4 alternative races....my hit rate with Valuecapper win bets fluctuates between about 9-13% give or take a point.....so I'm generally gonna have to give you 10 races before you see a winner. Maybe MP is much better than me but I would almost guarantee he's not hitting too much higher rate picking horses out of a race 3 days prior with only half of the relevant info to go on.

Where VC shines is while you are watching the board, opportunities present themselves all the time, often when we least expect them. I bet races all the time watching the board that I wouldn't have looked at for more than about 2 seconds three days prior to the race.

We've been through this before and I even went so far as to show you what could be done, and even then I was posting all my picks at like 11am EST without scratches.
Matt ....your correct..........yov've made it work for you with the experiecnce that you have....

I target people that I feel are not aware what they are getting into....

Thus me asking their handicapping experience....

Like this guy Gerard....Once I found the extent of his experience then I was satisfied that he knew what he was doing and wished him well..

There are some that come on not knowing the ass from the head and are willing to pluck $1800 for that magic wand to get winners ..
Those are the ones that I try to educate ....

For me you already know what I don"t like or is not available...

Later
Old 10-26-2022, 07:05 PM   #80
mhaney0423

Quote:
Matt ....your correct..........yov've made it work for you with the experiecnce that you have....

Like this guy Gerard....Once I found the extent of his experience then I was satisfied that he knew what he was doing and wished him well..

There are some that come on not knowing the ass from the head and are willing to pluck $1800 for that magic wand to get winners ..

Later
On this much we agree Mike, even Michael Pizzolla himself will tell people this. If you are not an everyday player willing to look at multiple tracks. Valuecapper probably isn't the software for you. It's a full time commitment and a labor of love to acquire the skill to use it properly, but once you do, it can be quite profitable and stress free.
mhaney0423 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 07:15 PM   #81
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
On this much we agree Mike, even Michael Pizzolla himself will tell people this. If you are not an everyday player willing to look at multiple tracks. Valuecapper probably isn't the software for you. It's a full time commitment and a labor of love to acquire the skill to use it properly, but once you do, it can be quite profitable and stress free.
thxs for that sales pitch......

Old 10-26-2022, 07:50 PM   #82
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Later
So you're like the guardian angel of PA software threads.

You fail with tools others succeed with and yet feel qualified to tell someone else to avoid said tools...nice!
Old 10-26-2022, 08:29 PM   #83
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
So you're like the guardian angel of PA software threads.

You fail with tools others succeed with and yet feel qualified to tell someone else to avoid said tools...nice!
I don't "tell" ..I just educate

thats it on this....no need to jab
Old 10-26-2022, 08:35 PM   #84
mhaney0423

Quote:

Later
Actually, those are the guys that do well with Valuecapper right off the bat, simply because they don't question the horses the software "picks" or better said suggests have value investment potential. I still struggle with this sometimes....old habit die hard I guess
Old 10-26-2022, 08:38 PM   #85
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Actually, those are the guys that do well with Valuecapper right off the bat, simply because they don't question the horses the software "picks" or better said suggests have value investment potential. I still struggle with this sometimes....old habit die hard I guess
So with limited experience...you think a month or 2 is enough to learn it the way its intended?
Old 10-26-2022, 08:46 PM   #86
mhaney0423

Quote:
So with limited experience...you think a month or 2 is enough to learn it the way its intended?
Sure, if you want to spend the time......you don't have to watch every video to use the software as "intended". Basically you are trying to bet horses the software likes that the public should NOT. Preferably with extras (form patterns, etc) and Preferably with anti value above them if they are lower on the line.

The problems come when you question the numbers, or won't bet a good value horse because say its 1-23 or it has a 2% winning jockey on it, or because it's running a route.in it's 20th career start never having routed before.....or because it has only won on turf and is on dirt today.....basic things you just don't normally do in traditional handicapping without good reason.

That's why I struggled for so long and why sometimes I still struggle. Just bad habits from a valuecapping POV. Inexperienced handicappers are not going to have these issues, they probably would struggle more in structuring bets and bankroll management.
Old 10-26-2022, 08:49 PM   #87
mhaney0423

Quote:
Plus, who is gonna spend 1800$ on a software and give up after 2 months.......

Kind of forces you to stick with it.......when you use.only free stuff, it's real easy to quit and move on the the next free thing. If I pay 1800$ for something you can damn sure bet I'm gonna do everything in my power to make it work for me, or die trying lol
Old 10-26-2022, 10:13 PM   #88
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Plus, who is gonna spend 1800$ on a software and give up after 2 months.......

Kind of forces you to stick with it.......when you use.only free stuff, it's real easy to quit and move on the the next free thing. If I pay 1800$ for something you can damn sure bet I'm gonna do everything in my power to make it work for me, or die trying lol
Old 10-26-2022, 10:17 PM   #89
Hanger

Quote:
Sure, if you want to spend the time......you don't have to watch every video to use the software as "intended". Basically you are trying to bet horses the software likes that the public should NOT. Preferably with extras (form patterns, etc) and Preferably with anti value above them if they are lower on the line.

The problems come when you question the numbers, or won't bet a good value horse because say its 1-23 or it has a 2% winning jockey on it, or because it's running a route.in it's 20th career start never having routed before.....or because it has only won on turf and is on dirt today.....basic things you just don't normally do in traditional handicapping without good reason.

That's why I struggled for so long and why sometimes I still struggle. Just bad habits from a valuecapping POV. Inexperienced handicappers are not going to have these issues, they probably would struggle more in structuring bets and bankroll management.
Same can be said for all the software- there is people who use HTR has a "black box" and bet the highest PSVX horse and hope for the best. Then there are others that dive deep into information and get paralysis by analysis and forget basics. Its a give and take of information, different for every user of any tool.
Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-26-2022, 10:18 PM   #90
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger View Post
Same can be said for all the software- there is people who use HTR has a "black box" and bet the highest PSVX horse and hope for the best. Then there are others that dive deep into information and get paralysis by analysis and forget basics. Its a give and take of information, different for every user of any tool.
You know about the PSVX Horse....