Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 10-26-2022, 10:26 PM   #91
Hanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
You know about the PSVX Horse....

Used HTR for several years, good tool.....I dove too deep.
Hanger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2022, 06:54 AM   #92
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanger View Post
Used HTR for several years, good tool.....I dove too deep.
Would love to get your thoughts on it ....

You could PM or talk here....

thxs
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2022, 11:06 PM   #93
jdhanover

Been forever since I posted on here. I bought VC about a year ago. So first question one would ask is are you profitable? Nope but not because of the software - waaaaay too many ‘action’ bets.
But starting to get more selective and utilizing exotics better. Profitable the past two months which is nice…not saying I’ve turned the corner but do think I’m betting smarter
Starting to get a hang of where the software works better/worse. It will struggle in maiden races with FTS but that’s cool cuz that’s the one spot I’ve done well for a while with PP handicapping
Back to the betting change. Only making exotic bets that can payoff well vs swinging in most races. Still not as selective as Matt nor Michael but moreso than I was. And Keeneland was very, very good for me. Big fields helped.

FYI I used HSH for a number of years. It’s very good too just didn’t fit my handicapping style as I found it’s looking more for value in short-priced horses whereas VC is geared towards price horses.

Both Michael and Dave are helpful as are people who use each. And dare I say I’ve made a couple of friends in each community which is a nice add.

There are people who are profitable using each of these programs but I’m guessing most aren’t. That takes a ton of discipline IMO. I don’t have that yet … in part because I also play for ‘fun

The change of late is that I’m still playing a fair number of races but limiting the bets to where the payoffs are solid. With a few less races and slightly better betting strategy I think I’ll be on to something. We shall see.

If you are thinking about either of these or any other expensive package just know that there is no ‘turnkey’ solution. They are tools. You need to be the carpenter and hone your craft.
jdhanover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2022, 07:00 AM   #94
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover View Post
Been forever since I posted on here. I bought VC about a year ago. So first question one would ask is are you profitable? Nope but not because of the software - waaaaay too many ‘action’ bets.
But starting to get more selective and utilizing exotics better. Profitable the past two months which is nice…not saying I’ve turned the corner but do think I’m betting smarter
Starting to get a hang of where the software works better/worse. It will struggle in maiden races with FTS but that’s cool cuz that’s the one spot I’ve done well for a while with PP handicapping
Back to the betting change. Only making exotic bets that can payoff well vs swinging in most races. Still not as selective as Matt nor Michael but moreso than I was. And Keeneland was very, very good for me. Big fields helped.

FYI I used HSH for a number of years. It’s very good too just didn’t fit my handicapping style as I found it’s looking more for value in short-priced horses whereas VC is geared towards price horses.

Both Michael and Dave are helpful as are people who use each. And dare I say I’ve made a couple of friends in each community which is a nice add.

There are people who are profitable using each of these programs but I’m guessing most aren’t. That takes a ton of discipline IMO. I don’t have that yet … in part because I also play for ‘fun

The change of late is that I’m still playing a fair number of races but limiting the bets to where the payoffs are solid. With a few less races and slightly better betting strategy I think I’ll be on to something. We shall see.

If you are thinking about either of these or any other expensive package just know that there is no ‘turnkey’ solution. They are tools. You need to be the carpenter and hone your craft.
Thxs JD ...its absolutely true about playing those "Action" Bets"

But unless you have a set-aside bankroll for these types.....

and you DO NOT make bets more than you Prime plays.....

I believe you can get by..It is difficult waiting and not betting

What I like about software that has exports is that you can create

the scenarios that favor what you looking for in your plays..

That way you can keep busy and stay away from those action bets

as you handicap the prime ones

Your correct in Maiden plays , software developers has to be awfully creative besides

the usual PED TRN JOCK WORKOUTS .....

wink wink

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 10-31-2022 at 07:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:38 AM   #95
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Your correct in Maiden plays , software developers has to be awfully creative besides

the usual PED TRN JOCK WORKOUTS .....

wink wink
What secret sauce does HTR give you for MDN plays? I used the software...so I should know...but I'll let you answer.
Old 10-31-2022, 07:41 AM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhanover View Post

Great description. Makes me actually want to buy the software. This and Jeff's software are the only ones I haven't tried, now that I think about it.

I respect Michael Pizzolla greatly. Pace Makes The Race & Handicapping Magic are two of my favorite handicapping books. And his software, from all accounts, should fit my style and my discipline perfectly. I will no doubt venture down the road with his warez eventually...this I know.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-31-2022 at 07:42 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2022, 07:58 AM   #97
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What secret sauce does HTR give you for MDN plays? I used the software...so I should know...but I'll let you answer.
Sure......

Here's my Excel sheet pertaining to Maiden races on Sat....

The Play indicator are the horse (s) to look at.....

A few races come up with 2 but most are only one or none

These are FTS (nLFST =0) and a POWER FIG Rank 1 or 2 are the ones to handicap...

The Power Fig are derived from 9 HTR Factors which I'm not divulging..

That's it.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (45.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-31-2022, 08:09 AM   #98
BroadwayJoe

That above is my own creation...

You can , of course, use HTR's many Spot Plays creations by Jeff..

Here's a HTR Maiden Spot for Sunday...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.JPG (273.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (235.4 KB, 26 views)
Old 10-31-2022, 08:09 AM   #99
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Sure......

Here's my Excel sheet pertaining to Maiden races on Sat....

The Play indicator are the horse (s) to look at.....

A few races come up with 2 but most are only one or none

These are FTS (nLFST =0) and a POWER FIG Rank 1 or 2 are the ones to handicap...

The Power Fig are derived from 9 HTR Factors which I'm not divulging..

That's it.....
And those nine HTR factors aren't based on PED TRN JOCK WORKOUTS or any combination thereof? Really...
Old 10-31-2022, 08:16 AM   #100
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
And those nine HTR factors aren't based on PED TRN JOCK WORKOUTS or any combination thereof? Really...
Old 10-31-2022, 08:49 AM   #101
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
There is 2 that are not......but what can you expect with maidens

Lets take Workouts......what do most get out of it ...Ranks?

HTR has a proprietary score for this...that you can't figure out

Also , I have made weighted scores for each factor that most wouldn't get...

if your still being sarcastic with my posts ...I won't respond any more
Old 10-31-2022, 09:16 AM   #102
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
if your still being sarcastic with my posts ...I won't respond any more
That's kind of priceless, coming from you.
Old 10-31-2022, 09:20 AM   #103
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
That's kind of priceless, coming from you.
yep...only you brings it out

Old 10-31-2022, 09:53 AM   #104
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah, I'm the problem...
Old 10-31-2022, 10:43 AM   #105
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Yeah, I'm the problem...
I like to know how many others hate my guts besides you?

Please speak up...no hard feelings.....

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 10-31-2022 at 10:52 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: