Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-02-2022, 10:49 AM   #46
Hoops McCann

well i hope they continue to show the international racing. especially the big races in Japan.
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2022, 11:37 AM   #47
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops McCann View Post
well i hope they continue to show the international racing. especially the big races in Japan.
The FanDuel Racing channel (old TVG2) is currently doing a great job of just showing races from UK/Ireland/France/South Africa without any additional TVG in-house blah-blah these past two mornings. The FD Racing channel also has a minimal ticker at the bottom, with just racing prices and what races are upcoming.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 05:10 PM   #48
metro

Really tacky look, with the banner covering the bottom 1/4th of your screen. Thought it might just be a glitch but it's been up there all day.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 04:20 PM   #49
classhandicapper

Not that I have a solution to what I'm sure are complex business problems, but racing coverage is ridiculous. I spend more time changing channels and ADWs trying to find the races I want to watch and bet than actually handicapping the races. The coverage is constantly bouncing around from channel to channel or to channels I don't even have. It's comical. There should probably be either 1 or 2 sources of racing coverage with one or both covering everything (for better or worse). The TV coverage is starting to feel like the ADW insanity where I can only bet certain tracks at certain ADWs, only get the track feed for some tracks at certain ADWs, or only get replays for certain tracks at certain ADWs etc... It's like the goal is to make people miserable.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-05-2022 at 04:23 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 07:00 PM   #50
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Not that I have a solution to what I'm sure are complex business problems, but racing coverage is ridiculous. I spend more time changing channels and ADWs trying to find the races I want to watch and bet than actually handicapping the races. The coverage is constantly bouncing around from channel to channel or to channels I don't even have. It's comical. There should probably be either 1 or 2 sources of racing coverage with one or both covering everything (for better or worse). The TV coverage is starting to feel like the ADW insanity where I can only bet certain tracks at certain ADWs, only get the track feed for some tracks at certain ADWs, or only get replays for certain tracks at certain ADWs etc... It's like the goal is to make people miserable.
Don't know if you're simply looking to vent (which I understand) or are interested in suggestions, but here's what I do:

I used to use the TVG website sidebar with only my favorite tracks enabled to see what races are upcoming (and then use RTN to switch/watch), but though the sidebar is still there, for me in the Safari browser the menu options to pick only TB or Favorite tracks are gone, leaving the sidebar cluttered with harness tracks and other tracks I'm not playing.

Lately, I fire up NYRABets and pick and choose all the races I'm most interested in watching for the day, dragging them into "My Races". Then I open the My Races tab and use it as my guide to when to switch RTN around.

All the best as you try to find the solution that helps you enjoy the races the way you want to.
Old 09-08-2022, 10:00 PM   #51
GMB@BP

https://www.drf.com/news/churchill-d...st-rights-deal

I am not smart, what does this mean? If CD was already on TVG what is the change.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 10:11 AM   #52
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post

I am not smart, what does this mean? If CD was already on TVG what is the change.
Churchill itself (not all the tracks under the brand) had been on the Fox shows. I'm guessing exclusive means that is no longer going to happen.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 10:44 AM   #53
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Look what's happening with what it takes to watch other pro sports and racing might not seem so bad.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 11:07 AM   #54
Copyroomjim

NOOO. We'll have Matt, Todd, Ken & Rich etc instead of Acacia, Maggie, Mig & Andy etc.? Have to watch with mute on, again.
Copyroomjim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #55
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Churchill itself (not all the tracks under the brand) had been on the Fox shows. I'm guessing exclusive means that is no longer going to happen.
I found it a pretty interesting move considering the NYRA/CDI partnership on the bet processing entity. Would have thought that would lead to more of a combination of the two, not less.
Old 09-09-2022, 01:36 PM   #56
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
I found it a pretty interesting move considering the NYRA/CDI partnership on the bet processing entity. Would have thought that would lead to more of a combination of the two, not less.
Who knows, really, guess they could lease some programming back to the Fox show. Probably too early to try to figure this stuff out.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2022, 09:52 AM   #57
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Don't know if you're simply looking to vent (which I understand) or are interested in suggestions, but here's what I do:

I used to use the TVG website sidebar with only my favorite tracks enabled to see what races are upcoming (and then use RTN to switch/watch), but though the sidebar is still there, for me in the Safari browser the menu options to pick only TB or Favorite tracks are gone, leaving the sidebar cluttered with harness tracks and other tracks I'm not playing.

Lately, I fire up NYRABets and pick and choose all the races I'm most interested in watching for the day, dragging them into "My Races". Then I open the My Races tab and use it as my guide to when to switch RTN around.

All the best as you try to find the solution that helps you enjoy the races the way you want to.
I tend to focus on the highest quality races. I use Timeform Racefinder to select all the race types I’m interested in and it creates a nice schedule for me for the day. But it gets annoying bouncing back and forth between TVG/FanDuel and Fox and then those shows changing channels during the day, especially because I usually have 2-3 ADWs open at the same time on my computer also because of different features I enjoy on each one.
Old 09-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #58
shout1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsefan2019 View Post
Sounds like his show is safe for now. They kept emphasing the big block of programming dedicated to horse racing during the day. So it sounds like its the European and Australian racing that will probably be offloaded to TVG2

As i suspected unless he is on vacation Rich Perloff's shows on monday and tuesday are history.They have replaced a well done show which included the viewers in the show somewhat, with the hacks that try to do both horse racing and sports betting I hope some execs read this and understand how they are going to chase viewers away with this crap and FYI I bet sports but when i watched this channel i am focused on horse racing and really do not like the force fed hacks that now are on the air. An when i mean hacks I mean hacks.
shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 01:28 PM   #59
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
As i suspected unless he is on vacation Rich Perloff's shows on monday and tuesday are history.They have replaced a well done show which included the viewers in the show somewhat, with the hacks that try to do both horse racing and sports betting I hope some execs read this and understand how they are going to chase viewers away with this crap and FYI I bet sports but when i watched this channel i am focused on horse racing and really do not like the force fed hacks that now are on the air. An when i mean hacks I mean hacks.

The Monday and Tuesday show was very casual and comfortable, now it's a sensory overload. I don't have a TVG account, so I really don't have a thing to say that matters.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:28 PM   #60
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post

CDI has sold a 49% stake in United Tote to a NYRA Holding Company and used their remaining 51% majority position to open the United Tote infrastructure to FanDuel to adding horse racing to sports parlay tickets. Hence, CDI derisks their United Tote position while also creating a potential growth opportunity in the sports wagering market. (Example : Let me have a parlay of football team X, proposition bet Y, and horse Z.)

By making this move however, CDI flags us that their ownership and growth prospects for their Twin Spires ADW cannot possibly be as strong (and consumer sticky) as a TVG partnership would be.

Therefore, in the battle of the tracks needing to own their own ADWs to channel handle directly into their own pools, CDI is from my perspective throwing in the towel. As a result, the alignment with NYRA and the America's Day at the Races broadcasts no longer has direct value to CDI shareholders and those rights gained by FanDuel as a foundation element of the deal could unlock revenue.

We have to examine CDI for what it is : a publicly traded company driven by total shareholder return on capital invested. CDI is real estate rich and revenue/growth weak.

To that end, my view is that you are watching the second step in CDI's fragmented intent to wind down their holdings in horse racing (the first step being Arlington) with FanDuel being a wagering growth engine or a potential acquirer of racetrack assets as with Fairmount Park.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: