Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-03-2022, 05:30 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Flower Bowl

What an embarrassing ride by Joel Rosario. I'm speechless. I didn't even bet the race, but you could see very early on he was begging for trouble.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 07:28 PM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...wer-bowl-s-g2t

He’s on the 2nd place finisher

Last edited by JustRalph; 09-03-2022 at 07:34 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I had to shave midway arounf the last turn.
Old 09-03-2022, 07:47 PM   #4
HandyKapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
What an embarrassing ride by Joel Rosario. I'm speechless. I didn't even bet the race, but you could see very early on he was begging for trouble.
I saw where Andy didn't agree with what some of us thought was a horrible ride.
HandyKapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 08:44 PM   #5
burnsy
self medicated

It’s my one knock on Rosario . He is not aggressive enough , never has been. Especially, at Saratoga . That’s why Irad cleans up here. I’ve been coming here for 40 plus years. Being in front or in striking range is …….. huge! Cordero did it , Bailey did it . Now Irad. Won 4 today I believe. You gotta take it and want it. If people think you’re too much and give you crap ..,,.. even better. If you get a cheap lead here and the better horse is too far back , under dry circumstances, game over ! Being overly patient here just to save ground …… no. Schooled . It’s funny how people don’t think that works here. If you let guys like this off the hook with easy pickings early . They literally can dictate a race. As good as this horse is what do you expect? I believe the last quarter was the fastest. Gotta look at it just got home . Burnt 🥵 . Tom? Was it just a shave or did you get a haircut too? Asking for a friend .
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 09:49 PM   #6
Al Gobbi

Rosario is a good rider but he is too inconsistent on a regular basis
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 11:43 PM   #7
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

According to TLG anyone who criticizes the ride is an idiot. Never mind the fact that he is overly complementary of Rosario and unnecessarily condescending to bettors on Twitter.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2022, 11:52 PM   #8
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
According to TLG anyone who criticizes the ride is an idiot. Never mind the fact that he is overly complementary of Rosario and unnecessarily condescending to bettors on Twitter.
Come on, that isn't what he said. He disagreed, which is fine. The entire premise of the game is about disagreeing with others. Andy is entitled to be wrong sometimes.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 12:00 AM   #9
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Come on, that isn't what he said. He disagreed, which is fine. The entire premise of the game is about disagreeing with others. Andy is entitled to be wrong sometimes.
Ok I maybe didn’t take the words verbatim but me and you know he looks down on the “nitwits” on Twitter. (His words not mine)

The way the FOX broadcast has unnecessarily promoted jockeys all meet it should not be out of bounds to criticize a jocks ride on a 1-5.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 08:37 AM   #10
SBD400

It was a terrible ride, hard to understand anyone saying otherwise.
SBD400 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 08:38 AM   #11
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
According to TLG anyone who criticizes the ride is an idiot.
Feel free to find the evidence of this. When you can't, apologize and then stop lying about me.

Thanks in advance.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 09:39 AM   #12
westernmassbob

Joel is best jockey at Toga

Joel is 12 wins shy and 1 million away from matching Irad’s numbers. But wait ! Irad has 80!!!!! more starts then Joel. What a meet Joel is having.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 10:01 AM   #13
metro

WLG looked to be comfortable the entire trip, never really got checked or had to alter course, and finished as she always does. Just came up short.

On the surface it looks bad but to change the outcome would mean to change her running style to one of more of a stalking/pressing type. That would have meant running, without cover, at least two wide but possible three of four wide for a 3 turn race. That's not her game, and unless Rosario was told by Mott otherwise, he rode her exactly to the trainer's instructions.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 10:03 AM   #14
classhandicapper

He gave that horse the perfect ride if she was a 15-1 shot that needed to save some ground and hope to get some pace help up front in order to win.

When you are riding a 1-5 shot in a small to moderate sized field the primary objective is to stay out of trouble outside.

It looked like a paceless race going into it. There’s not much he could do about that, but you don’t want to give the other riders a chance to race ride and keep you pinned in too far back on top of that. That’s the #1 way you are going to lose. The laughable part about it is that before the race someone asked me if she could get beat and I said “the only way she gets beat is if she gets pinned in until too late because this pace is going to be very slow”.

After going inside, he had one chance early to drop back a little and get outside and he chose not to do it. That allowed the others to keep him pinned in and have too much to do late.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-04-2022 at 10:17 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2022, 11:57 AM   #15
Suff
Beat up 💪

Split second decisions

I love hearing Jockeys say.

Godammn you thinks it's easy!! WE ARE FOLLOWED BY AN AMBULANCE ! We are making split second decisions!!

6 Furlings in 119. 😆.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: