Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-24-2022, 10:55 PM   #16
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
I'll follow the money and make my win or exacta plays at least 1 min to post time

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2022, 11:16 PM   #17
Suff
Beat up 💪

No chance

I'll lay 12-1 on Rich Strike to any board members, and I'll give everyone $200 credit.

Saratoga.
From what I see , many horses finishing 15 lengths back. It appears (could be wrong), it's fillers. Some nice horses but a lot of average horses at Saratoga this year. Subpar stock.
Old 08-25-2022, 10:31 AM   #18
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I'll lay 12-1 on Rich Strike to any board members, and I'll give everyone $200 credit.

Saratoga.
From what I see , many horses finishing 15 lengths back. It appears (could be wrong), it's fillers. Some nice horses but a lot of average horses at Saratoga this year. Subpar stock.
It’s fillers Suff. Saratoga has the same problems of shortage that everyone has. But people can’t resist the atmosphere, prestige and money here. They’ll enter a hope and a dream.

Rich Strike will need pace help in this race . Adding to my post about Zandon. When you see him ( he’s built like a brick shit house), Compared to Early Voting I can see why this was their Derby Horse. Physically has it all just needs to put this game together mentally. I really like his chances at this distance Saturday.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 10:52 AM   #19
dilanesp

I don't think he's going to run very well, but I will say this for him- he's really cute.

dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 11:03 AM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

Saratoga.
What's the difference between Saratoga in August and Aqueduct in February?

The chance of snow.

Been underwhelmed with meet so far.
Old 08-25-2022, 01:16 PM   #21
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

The chance of snow.

extracting just Saratoga 2022 races from the current 167 race database
following the money with a bet in every race. handicapping the wps and exacta pools

Win bets: 8 wins in 15 races $1 return $0.99

exacta bets: 8 wins in 23 races, $1 return $1.11

looking forward to Saturday's card.

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 03:34 PM   #22
porchy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Assuming all 8 horses run, where will Rich Strike finish? I will say 7th.
I bet my buddy 10 dollars Rich Strike won't hit the board. Also if he wins, I promised to get on my knees, bow down and say, "Im not worthy".

I bet Cyberknife in the Derby and Haskell. So Im betting him again in the Travers.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 08:37 PM   #23
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:

The chance of snow.

I received email at 3:30 today from trackrentals.com

I'm semi literate in renting houses at Saratoga. I can't recall any houses still available this late.

I'm not actually sure why. Could be many factors.

3:30 on Thursday, August 25th.

Old 08-25-2022, 11:01 PM   #24
the little guy

Quote:

The chance of snow.

With all due respect, Tom, you're in the minority. We're handling over $21 million a day ( and that's money bet on our races, not the phony handle CA tracks post every day that double counts simulcast dollars bet on other tracks ) and our biggest day of the meet is in two days.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 11:51 PM   #25
erict23

I must be in the minority as well because I’m with Tom on this one. I think the meet has been a bit disappointing. It is what it is I suppose… i’d still take Saratoga over most meets running right now besides a couple maybe…. but Saratoga has set a high standard for itself over the years so I’m grading on a different curve. I suppose it’s probably more of a commentary on racing in general than anything specific to only Saratoga. Eric
erict23 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 01:45 AM   #26
FRMNBRI

For those up in Toga right now, are we handicapping for some off track races tomorrow? Forecast shows rain off and on but that again is just the forecast. I would think they would maybe save the turf for Saturday if they get some decent rain tomorrow. Just sitting down to cap the races and wanted to get some thoughts.

Thanks everyone and stay safe
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 09:27 AM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
With all due respect, Tom, you're in the minority. We're handling over $21 million a day ( and that's money bet on our races, not the phony handle CA tracks post every day that double counts simulcast dollars bet on other tracks ) and our biggest day of the meet is in two days.

But wouldn't $25 million a day be better?
Old 08-26-2022, 10:55 AM   #28
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Perhaps Early Voting is a horse that needs is a target to run at like he got in the Preakness, nevertheless, in this spot he should be able to control the pace again.

He has the added advantage of another furlong, which may allow him to slow the tempo down a bit more (and take some starch out of the others' late moves). Furthermore, he may have been written him off based on his Jim Dandy wilt, which could mean no one will elect to press him early. Only Epicenter and Cyberknife really have the early speed to keep him honest, but they've been making a killing coming well off the pace in their most recent starts.

Early Voting was likely short for the Jim Dandy but he responded when challenged on all sides in upper stretch, only falling back for good once his jockey wrapped up on him inside the 1/16th pole.
I know it's bad handicapping to put to much stock into one race, but the jim d was not a fast pace. Early Voting should have pulled away from those dogs. I'm going to buy the standard trainer excuse that he doesn't like the track.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #29
classhandicapper

Some of the dirt stakes have been disappointing because of the field size or because they contain a dominant favorite and imo there are too many turf stakes where Chad Brown has 2-3 entrants in a not so large field and you know he's sending one and the others are going to stay out each other's way and not push the leader either. There's something about that that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I don't think it has been the best meet for gambling in some of those types of races, but a lot people obviously disagree because someone is betting all that money.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:11 AM   #30
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I know it's bad handicapping to put to much stock into one race, but the jim d was not a fast pace. Early Voting should have pulled away from those dogs. I'm going to buy the standard trainer excuse that he doesn't like the track.
I haven't been the biggest Early Voting fan.

I think you can make a reasonable case that speed was better than average and the rail was the best path Wood Memorial day but he still got caught by Mo Donegal (although MD did close from far out up the rail).

I think you can make a reasonable case that Pimlico was carrying speed types well Preakness day and may have helped carry him to that big figure.

The Jim Dandy track condition wasn't what I would call "biased" but imo it was more testing than average and certainly more testing than for either of the efforts that gave him his reputation.

What he has going for him tomorrow is that he'll probably be loose again and maybe the track will be a little kinder to him and he'll be a bit fitter. We'll have plenty of races to watch before the Travers. I'm most curious as to how he's going to get bet.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: