Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-05-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Rags To Riches is in the Belmont

http://www.drf.com/news/article/85528.html

Now that adds some interest.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
point given

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
http://www.drf.com/news/article/85528.html

Now that adds some interest.
Thank you. Finally a horse to root for Could be history here now .
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
GaryG
Unreconstructed

22 fillies have tried with 2 of them winning...last time in 1905. I would love to see Rags win it.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:03 AM   #4
Bruddah
Veteran

In My Humble Handicapping Opinion

SHE's TOAST...Look for the real winner in I'mawildandcrazyguy, even though I will be be pulling for Curlin. Now that I have expressed my much confused state of mind, I will shut up!
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #5
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruddah
SHE's TOAST.
You left out a few words describing her, as SHE will be the TOAST of the town on Saturday.

I didn't think it possible that Pletcher would enter her, but now that he has, I have a Belmont filly to hang my hat on!

Finally, we get the acid test to my statement in March that "RAGS TO RICHES is the finest 3 year old in all the land!"

Carry on, Carry on,

Hajck Hillstrom
Hajck Hillstrom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 PM   #6
46zilzal
velocitician

Only a literal handful of fillies have ever been entered in this race. Geunine Risk finished behind Temperence Hill in 1980; the first to even run in recent times was 1954 when Riverina finished 7th. Two fillies have won it, but in 1867 and 1905. My Flag ran third in 96 and Silverbulletday finishing 7th, Winning Colors ran 6th in 88.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 06-05-2007 at 12:14 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Greyfox

Collectors Item?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal
Only a literal handful of fillies have ever been entered in this race. Geunine Risk finished behind Temperence Hill in 1980; the first to even run in recent times was 1954 when Riverina finished 7th. Two fillies have won it, but in 1867 and 1905. My Flag ran third in 96 and Silverbulletday finishing 7th, Winning Colors ran 6th in 88.
I'm with you 46Z. I don't like her chances.
I will buy a small win ticket on her though.
If she wins I won't cash it. I'll frame it. Down the road it may be a collectors item.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 01:16 PM   #8
Ron

This is neat. I thought usually we saw fields shrink as the race gets closer. Now also CP West has been added.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #9
Wickel

Kudos to Pletcher for taking a shot. Here's hoping that Gomez sets a blistering pace with Hard Spun to pave the way for what should have been his mount--Rags to Riches.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #10
Hajck Hillstrom
Deftly Rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
Kudos to Pletcher for taking a shot. Here's hoping that Gomez sets a blistering pace with Hard Spun to pave the way for what should have been his mount--Rags to Riches.
I couldn't agree more!
Hajck Hillstrom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 04:15 PM   #11
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
No colts survive anything faster than 1:11 (unless your name is Secretariat). Hard Spun is one of those that will go JUST as fast as necessary and no faster. If no one bothers him, he will be around a long time although I doubt he will get his picture taken. He style screams "Shorter."

One always has to look for the "plodders" (the Editor's Note or Birdstone or Jazil types) here that can, modestly, run all day.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #12
point given

Quote:
No colts survive anything faster than 1:11 (unless your name is Secretariat). Hard Spun is one of those that will go JUST as fast as necessary and no faster. If no one bothers him, he will be around a long time although I doubt he will get his picture taken. He style screams "Shorter."

One always has to look for the "plodders" (the Editor's Note or Birdstone or Jazil types) here that can, modestly, run all day.
That would mean Imawildandcrazyguy ,whose trainer went to the same high school as i did, so a Rags and Crazyguy exacta box it will be.
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
If I remember right, Jazil was up very much closer to the pace and stayed there........and ran a big race to win. I don't think he was plodding at all. He ran completely different than I thought he would.............

just doing this off the top of my head.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:38 PM   #14
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I say we leave Rags to Riches alone with Curlin for about an hour prior to the race.............??? Might as well get down to it................
Old 06-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #15
Bruddah
Veteran

Say what?

Quote:
Which entrant, other than Hardspun, is capable of setting a blistering pace? Hardspun won't be pressed by, or set a fast pace. The pace on the front end figures to be no more than slow to moderate. Now you can start handicapping the race.
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply