Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-01-2024, 10:53 AM   #31
bisket

The puzzle for handicappers has become a more difficult in recent derbies and I think will be more common in future derbies. How do you deal with the fastest horse being an unfinished product? In the Fla. Derby the most talented horse got the dream trip and blew the doors off the the other potential entrants. In the Arkansas Derby the most talented horse freaked out before reaching the stabling area and bulled his way to the front in the race and finished up the track. lol what are the chances Fierceness goes untouched to a 24, 48, 112 early fractions in the derby? What are the chances Timberlake acts like a professional before and during the race? I’d say the chances are much lower in the circus of the pre race in derby. The chances are much less a horse gets the dream trip in a 20 horse field. I think the chances are greater that bit of them finish out of the tri than both will be in it.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2024, 10:56 PM   #32
Fightingirish51195

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
I thought the Lukas place horse ran a great race and had enough closing energy to consider, at what promises to be a decent price, for gimmicks in Louisville. The rest are probably tosses.
I think He’s going to be my key. I think the coach can pull off one more
Old 04-10-2024, 09:07 AM   #33
burnsy
self medicated

Good horses don’t always “get” dream trips they make them happen . I don’t really think Fierceness needs the lead . Just be up there , stalking is probably better anyway . The other three preps had some sloppy running and gate problems . Whoever works that out will have a chance . If Chad Browns horse gets it together he will be tough but somewhat at the mercy of the pace . The last two years saw long shots get the right pace , trip and close . Never to be seen in the winners circle again. How likely will it be three in a row ? Because before that Stalking , low price horses had been winning . I’ve seen Jokers on here try to make an argument that pace doesn’t matter . I don’t see how you handicap that way . These days the easiest way to steal these longer races is when there’s no aggression to make the lead . And if it comes up rain . Whole new race .

Last edited by burnsy; 04-10-2024 at 09:11 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-10-2024, 10:39 AM   #34
Vinnie

You are so right about pace. Projected and actual pace in any given horse race are of immense importance. I always loved the saying/axiom "It isn't how fast a horse runs, but, how a horse runs fast"!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply