Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #391
tribecaagent
Veteran

TLG vs. Light

[QUOTE=PhantomOnTour] How about a contest (i know---who needs this again) where each person MUST play 3 races a day at the given specified track. You may play more if you like but 3 is the min. That way its more realistic to a day at the track. Each contestant will play the races that suit him, which is presumably where one's strength lies. Then we will see who can maintain a positive ROI.

Very bright idea. Thank you PhantomOnTour.

How about TLG vs. Light for 500 races?

Hey Light, you've always said that you would challenge TLG during Aqueduct's inner track meet. How about it?
tribecaagent is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 02:11 AM   #392
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Wait a minute. Isn't that all I was saying? That overall TLG has a loss.
You are so disingenuous. NO, that was not ALL you were saying.

And I don't ever recall anyone claiming your -7% ROI figure for Saratoga was FALSE. WHO SAID THAT? While I'm sure the -7% ROI fig isn't 100% accurate, nobody was claiming TLG had a positive ROI for the meet, so we (well, I did at least) basically accepted your -7% number in the end...so you're wrong when you claim that your -7% figure was "denied."

My disagreement with YOU Mr. Light is your characterization that a -7% ROI picking every race over the course of the entire Saratoga meeting SUCKED. It most certainly did not SUCK. That was my bone of contention.

I would love to see you put up 500 picks...I'll be HAPPY to track it here publicly against TLG just like I tried to do with Cmoore...

Whenever you're ready Light, the offer always stands. Plenty of inner-track meeting to go...might even be 500 races left...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #393
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
You are so disingenuous. NO, that was not ALL you were saying.

And I don't ever recall anyone claiming your -7% ROI figure for Saratoga was FALSE. WHO SAID THAT? While I'm sure the -7% ROI fig isn't 100% accurate, nobody was claiming TLG had a positive ROI for the meet, so we (well, I did at least) basically accepted your -7% number in the end...so you're wrong when you claim that your -7% figure was "denied."

My disagreement with YOU Mr. Light is your characterization that a -7% ROI picking every race over the course of the entire Saratoga meeting SUCKED. It most certainly did not SUCK. That was my bone of contention.

I would love to see you put up 500 picks...I'll be HAPPY to track it here publicly against TLG just like I tried to do with Cmoore...

Whenever you're ready Light, the offer always stands. Plenty of inner-track meeting to go...might even be 500 races left...
I'd have to think about filling out an application for that best 3 scenario. Could be more fun then swapping barbs on Twitter.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #394
the little guy

Light is only throwing out a distraction from CMoore's hilarious performance here ( and now on another board ).

Nothing like behaving and losing graciously.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 11:30 AM   #395
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnielu
I'd have to think about filling out an application for that best 3 scenario. Could be more fun then swapping barbs on Twitter.
As always, I'm a little unclear on what you mean.

If you're saying you want in on the 500 race challenge...well, let's just say we all know you're the best handicapper in the land and will likely destroy anyone who goes up against you....so like Alex Rodriguez at a Little League World Series, you're ineligible to compete.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:00 PM   #396
ctownraces@bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Light is only throwing out a distraction from CMoore's hilarious performance here ( and now on another board ).

Nothing like behaving and losing graciously.

Nothing like behaving and losing or winning graciously
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #397
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownraces@bp
That's one warped way of looking at things.

Another way to look at it would be that tlg didn't win or lose anything, as he never asked to be tracked against any other picks...this was all my bright idea, and I didn't even ask his permission before I started doing this...

Couple that with all the shit tlg took before, during and after this whole affair, and you can conclude that he is acting quite graciously, given the totality of the situation.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-16-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #398
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownraces@bp
I want to personally thank you for making the trip over from CMoore's new home just to say hello to me.

It doesn't go unappreciated.
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #399
ctownraces@bp

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I want to personally thank you for making the trip over from CMoore's new home just to say hello to me.

It doesn't go unappreciated.

anytime little man best of luck to you
ctownraces@bp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #400
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
As always, I'm a little unclear on what you mean.

If you're saying you want in on the 500 race challenge...well, let's just say we all know you're the best handicapper in the land and will likely destroy anyone who goes up against you....so like Alex Rodriguez at a Little League World Series, you're ineligible to compete.
If you wanted to pursue the best 3 races idea presented in this thread, I would apply for participation. It would show the futility of betting every race, and the value of passing the right ones.

I'm an analyst, not a handicapper. Best handicapper is like best horse, just a myth.

jdl
jonnielu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #401
turfnsport

I would like to challenge Pace to a handicapping contest.

If I win, he has to take CMoore back.
turfnsport is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 12:41 PM   #402
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport
I would like to challenge Pace to a handicapping contest.

If I win, he has to take CMoore back.

I assume PA gets a million bucks if he wins?
Old 01-16-2010, 12:52 PM   #403
speed

Quote:
That's one warped way of looking at things.

Another way to look at it would be that tlg didn't win or lose anything, as he never asked to be tracked against any other picks...this was all my bright idea, and I didn't even ask his permission before I started doing this...

Couple that with all the shit tlg took before, during and after this whole affair, and you can conclude that he is acting quite graciously, given the totality of the situation.
If TLG was just a player involved then you would be right but he like it or not is a representative of NYRA. IMO he should always take the high road.

What this entire fiasco really shows is that picking every race is really hard. Keep in mind the take out i believe is 16%. Saratoga losing 7% is really good picking every race and prior to the changes and weather conditions.

Speed

Last edited by speed; 01-16-2010 at 12:54 PM.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #404
lsosa54

This cmoore fellow seems to be a breeding expert, based on the # of first time bombs he's supposedly selecting on the "other board". I quote: "That's my game".

Any idea how his 1st timers did during this contest? I guess not so good?
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 01:20 PM   #405
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54
This cmoore fellow seems to be a breeding expert, based on the # of first time bombs he's supposedly selecting on the "other board". I quote: "That's my game".

Any idea how his 1st timers did during this contest? I guess not so good?

Not that it matters but i looked at his picks there and i swear many races he picks 3 and sometimes 4 horses in a race so you may want IMO not to take him too seriously.

Last edited by speed; 01-16-2010 at 01:21 PM.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply