Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-15-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
nobeyerspls

WO strange occurence (partial redboarding)

When you've been going to the track for 53 years you don't expect to see something new. Happened today. In Woodbines 4th I boxed the 1 and the 4, 30-1 and 1/5. The favorite led all the way and the 1 closed to win a photo for 2nd. Then the inquiry sign lit up pointing to the winner. I didn't understand as she broke 1st without impeding anybody. A side view of the start showed that she broke through the gate just before it opened. She was declared a non-starter so the 1 won at reduced odds of 10-1.
Now, I used both of these in pick3's and the win4 with the 4 in the 5th, 4 of the 6 fillies in the 6th, and the 5 & 6 in the last leg. If you look at Cappin Chatter in the Selections forum you'll see that I posted the 5th and 7th race winners this morning without mentioning races 4 and 6. So this oddball event gets me a $749 pick3 and a $5,987 win4.
Go figure.
nobeyerspls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
markgoldie

We're all entitled to some luck on occasion. Lord knows it goes the other way enough. Sounds like this event made you a ton since I suppose the pick money rides with the post favorite, so the pools aren't reduced. And the money you lost on the exacta couldn't have been too much.
markgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Horseplayersbet.com

Dan Loiselle, the announcer, went on a limb when mentioning the possible unfair start the winner had at least a couple of times in the race.
When watching the replay, it didn't look like it was much, but the four definitely outbroke the gate by maybe a twentieth of a second.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 06:35 PM   #4
Bison
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
Dan Loiselle, the announcer, went on a limb when mentioning the possible unfair start the winner had at least a couple of times in the race.
When watching the replay, it didn't look like it was much, but the four definitely outbroke the gate by maybe a twentieth of a second.
It was a rip off for anyone holding tickets on the 4 in their pick 4's and pick3's.
Complete garbage! The 4 is the sharpest breaker in the field without popping the gate. If you watch the head on the gates basically all open at once. The 4 just beats them all out.
Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobeyerspls
So this oddball event gets me a $749 pick3 and a $5,987 win4.
Go figure.
Very Nice....I love lucky win stories....We all need them.... ...Especially, those nice numbers....

best,
Old 08-15-2009, 07:00 PM   #6
cj's dad

Why is it that I had the 2 & 4 in the 3rd leg of the pick 3 and got zero ???
Old 08-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
rokitman
Registered BSer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobeyerspls
When you've been going to the track for 53 years you don't expect to see something new. Happened today. In Woodbines 4th I boxed the 1 and the 4, 30-1 and 1/5. The favorite led all the way and the 1 closed to win a photo for 2nd. Then the inquiry sign lit up pointing to the winner. I didn't understand as she broke 1st without impeding anybody. A side view of the start showed that she broke through the gate just before it opened. She was declared a non-starter so the 1 won at reduced odds of 10-1.
Now, I used both of these in pick3's and the win4 with the 4 in the 5th, 4 of the 6 fillies in the 6th, and the 5 & 6 in the last leg. If you look at Cappin Chatter in the Selections forum you'll see that I posted the 5th and 7th race winners this morning without mentioning races 4 and 6. So this oddball event gets me a $749 pick3 and a $5,987 win4.
Go figure.
Godd bless
rokitman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
Bison
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Why is it that I had the 2 & 4 in the 3rd leg of the pick 3 and got zero ???
Because they considered the 4 a scratched runner, and your tickets all then went to the post time favorite. Which in this case was the 2. This imho, is a complete rip off.
Bison is offline   Reply With Quote Reply