Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-30-2018, 11:58 PM   #106
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
He quit the bit when he saw those two he was so scared!
Actually I forgot that Solomini has faced Magnum Moon already and it was a BAD MOON RISING !!!!
LoneF is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 AM   #107
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
It's not about Justify winning or losing.

We don't need to wait until Saturday to find out if Lone F is flat out wrong about what he is posting.

He's wrong right now.

Couldn't even get Justify's purchase price nor Magnum Moon's winning margin in the Arkansas Derby correct...

He might not even know that Mendelssohn and Justify have the same sire...
Let me correct myself Justify was a 500,000 purchase not a 200,000 purchase so Mendelssohn went for 6x the money and not 15x the money.

And your right I didn’t know they shared the same sire. I already said I am not a big pedigree guy . I prefer to look at what a horse does on the track and not what their half great grandfather did on the track 100 years ago.

It does make me curious though. If Justify and Mendelssohn share the same sire than why did Mendelssohn go for 2.5 million more ? Was he just that much more of a stud than Justify ?

Any typos I should correct LOL ?
Old 05-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #108
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneF View Post
Let me correct myself Justify was a 500,000 purchase not a 200,000 purchase so Mendelssohn went for 6x the money and not 15x the money.

And your right I didn’t know they shared the same sire. I already said I am not a big pedigree guy . I prefer to look at what a horse does on the track and not what their half great grandfather did on the track 100 years ago.

It does make me curious though. If Justify and Mendelssohn share the same sire than why did Mendelssohn go for 2.5 million more ? Was he just that much more of a stud than Justify ?

Have you looked at Mendelssohn's damside?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2018, 12:46 AM   #109
Spalding No!

Quote:
Don't be so hard on yourself, you were 40% right...

Quote:
And your right I didn’t know they shared the same sire.
Forget it Lone F, it's Churchill Downs...

Quote:
I already said I am not a big pedigree guy.
Well a horse's pedigree AND its purchase price if it was sold at auction are right next to the horse's name in the PPs so I think it's safe to say you're not very efficient at reading a racing form, either.

Quote:
I prefer to look at what a horse does on the track and not what their half great grandfather did on the track 100 years ago.
What's so hard about looking at both?

Quote:
There's probably more than one reason but I'll help you out on the biggie...

Hint: Storks don't bring baby horses to their MOTHERS...

Quote:
Yeah, if by "typos" you mean "posts" and if by "correct" you mean "delete"...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2018, 12:56 AM   #110
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Have you looked at Mendelssohn's damside?
I know it’s Leslies Lady and apparently that’s pretty good but I don’t use pedigree at all in my handicapping so it doesn’t mean much to me.

All I know is the expert pedigree guy on TVG said Mendelssohn is bred to be better on dirt than turf but even that I let go in one ear and out the other.

I want to see what he actually does on the track and he crushed them on the turf and than gor absolutely midevil on them on the dirt. He has won on multiple tracks on multiple surfaces in multiple countries. He is just all race horse so not worried about him liking Churchill.

Meanwhile has Justify ever even left the Santa Anita property ever ??? That’s actually a serious question. He kinda seems like the bubble boy to me. His fan boys should be worrying about whether he likes Churchill or if he can even ship period. Mendelssohn has already proven himself winning in 4 different countries.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:00 AM   #111
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Don't be so hard on yourself, you were 40% right...

Forget it Lone F, it's Churchill Downs...

Well a horse's pedigree AND its purchase price if it was sold at auction are right next to the horse's name in the PPs so I think it's safe to say you're not very efficient at reading a racing form, either.

What's so hard about looking at both?

There's probably more than one reason but I'll help you out on the biggie...

Hint: Storks don't bring baby horses to their MOTHERS...

Yeah, if by "typos" you mean "posts" and if by "correct" you mean "delete"...
Your the kind of guy that will bet a horse that has failed 10 times on turf because he has a “ turf pedigree” swearing the 11th time will be the charm lol
Old 05-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #112
LoneF
Veteran

I know this much Mendelssohn was obviously the superior yearling going for 3 million vs Justify 500,00

Mendelssohn was obviously the superior 2 year old since he was winning breeder cup races and Justify was still schooling at the gate

Mendelssohn is obviously the superior 3 year old since he’s been winning his prep races by breaking track records by almost 2 seconds while Justify is winning his by some of the slowest times on record.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:33 AM   #113
Spalding No!

Quote:
Meanwhile has Justify ever even left the Santa Anita property ever ??? That’s actually a serious question. He kinda seems like the bubble boy to me. His fan boys should be worrying about whether he likes Churchill or if he can even ship period. Mendelssohn has already proven himself winning in 4 different countries.
Justify started his career with Rodolphe Brisset (the trainer of classic prospect Quip) and was training at Keeneland before shipping to California late last year.

Meanwhile, though Mendelssohn has proven himself internationally, that doesn't mean his connections are not writing checks his body can't cash by bouncing him around right and left in a short time period.

Witness the career of the Irish-bred Go And Go in 1989-1990:

Came to the US to run in the Laurel Futurity. The race was rained off the turf but Go And Go still ran, winning the race in a photo from subsequent world record setter Robyn Dancer. They earned a 109 Beyer Speed Figure.

Go And Go stayed stateside for the BC Juvenile and bounced like a rubber ball, well beaten by subsequent Travers winner Rhythm and the ill-fated Grand Canyon. Go And Go was shipped back to Ireland for the winter.

After a couple of preps at home in the spring, Go And Go returned to the US to run in the 1990 Belmont Stakes. He won by 8 lengths over Unbridled among others. Flew back to Ireland a week later.

2 months later, he was back in the US for the Travers. Go And Go was in contention on the far tun, but could not catch the two horses he trounced at Belmont (Thirty Six Red and Baron De Vaux) never mind deal with the late charge of Rhythm. Back to Ireland again.

Another 2 months and Go And Go returns once again to NY, back to Belmont Park for the BC Classic. This time, he was never close and didn't even bother to finish the race, pulling up at the top of the stretch.

Last edited by Spalding No!; 05-01-2018 at 01:34 AM.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:47 AM   #114
Spalding No!

Quote:
Your the kind of guy that will bet a horse that has failed 10 times on turf because he has a “ turf pedigree” swearing the 11th time will be the charm lol
You're the kind of guy that thinks there are a lot of racehorses out there whose connections are willing to try the turf for the 11th time without a prior win over the surface.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:03 AM   #115
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
You're the kind of guy that thinks there are a lot of racehorses out there whose connections are willing to try the turf for the 11th time without a prior win over the surface.
Since you obviously take clerical errors in posts very seriously I took it upon myself to take a glance at some of your previous posts since I know you would want to correct any slight mistakes you might have made and talk about a target rich enviorment lol.

I only had to scroll about a quarter of the way down till I got to your recap of the Fountain of Youth where you claimed Good Magic was running right with Promises Fulfilled and Strike Power in the early stages of the race.

I don’t know what you were smoking while you were watching that race but it must have been some of the really good stuff lol. Promises Fulfilled and Strike Power were both well clear of Good Magic a few strides out of the gate.

I hope you were passing the bong and not hogging it all to yourself . You know that stuff kills brain cells which actually may explain some of your posts !!!
Old 05-01-2018, 02:24 AM   #116
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
Drive through the ghetto in any city in this country. Listen to the talk on the corners. Lone F, horseracing talk from the hood!
Nah! I'm thinking with all his 'trash talkin', he's a kid who left some Call of Duty type online gaming community for a short stint on this forum for the KY Derby.

(I'm waiting for not only more doses of what a bad guy Ruis is, but some cliched and repetitive juvenile jokes about Ruiz's mother or sister)
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2018, 02:26 AM   #117
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
You were actually pumping up Instilled Regard after the SA Derby lol

I can’t wait to see your bets on the contest thread LOL

It should be comedy gold !!!
Old 05-01-2018, 02:32 AM   #118
LoneF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Nah! I'm thinking with all his 'trash talkin', he's a kid who left some Call of Duty type online gaming community for a short stint on this forum for the KY Derby.

(I'm waiting for not only more doses of what a bad guy Ruis is, but some cliched and repetitive juvenile jokes about Ruiz's mother or sister)
The reason Baffert did not run Justify in Arkansas was because he knew that Pletcher would not lay down for him the way Ruis did.

I need to be a Mick Ruis fan because some article you linked to cherry picked small parts of his life while conveniently ignoring other parts to make him sound like some saint.

Sorry I think for myself ..
Old 05-01-2018, 02:37 AM   #119
clicknow

Quote:
The reason Baffert did not run Justify in Arkansas was because he knew that Pletcher would not lay down for him the way Ruis did.

I need to be a Mick Ruis fan because some article you linked to cherry picked small parts of his life while conveniently ignoring other parts to make him sound like some saint.

Sorry I think for myself ..
Um, hon....the only time I posted ruiz's name was in this topic, and only once.

You have me confused with someone else.

I suggest spending more time organizing facts in your mind, before bragging about thinking for yourself.

As for Pletcher, if his horse drifted sideways any more than he did, he WOULD be laying down. LOL

Last edited by clicknow; 05-01-2018 at 02:40 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2018, 02:38 AM   #120
LoneF
Veteran

Actually if you look at all the posts I never personally attacked anybody. All my talk was good natured trash talk centered around the horses. All the sharp personal attacks were made by others directed at me. Not complaining but just setting the record straight !!!