Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-29-2022, 08:13 PM   #31
jimmyb

Incredible amount of BS being spewed by climate alarmists. Never let a crises go to waste. They are saying hurricanes are more frequent and powerful than they used to be. Facts say otherwise. Here is a list decade by decade since the mid 1800's thru 2004

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml

Last edited by jimmyb; 09-29-2022 at 08:15 PM.
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 12:14 AM   #32
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Incredible amount of BS being spewed by climate alarmists. Never let a crises go to waste. They are saying hurricanes are more frequent and powerful than they used to be. Facts say otherwise. Here is a list decade by decade since the mid 1800's thru 2004

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pastdec.shtml
I can’t believe you are trying to prove there are not more hurricanes in recent years by using a reference that ends in 2004.
Try this.
http://www.stormfax.com/huryear.htm.
In the first two decades of the 21st Century, we averaged 153 hurricanes per decade. In the previous six decades we averaged 100 per decade. That is a 53% increase.

My list does end in 2017. I found the number of hurricanes in 2018& 2019 from Wikipedia. Also, my list includes all Atlantic hurricanes whether they made landfall in the US or not.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:21 AM   #33
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I can’t believe you are trying to prove there are not more hurricanes in recent years by using a reference that ends in 2004.
Try this.
In the first two decades of the 21st Century, we averaged 153 hurricanes per decade. In the previous six decades we averaged 100 per decade. That is a 53% increase.

My list does end in 2017. I found the number of hurricanes in 2018& 2019 from Wikipedia. Also, my list includes all Atlantic hurricanes whether they made landfall in the US or not.
1. Better technology finds more storms
2. They name thunderstorms nowadays with only satellite estimations
3. The last 25 or so years was an up cycle in storms. We are now in a down cycle
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 08:54 AM   #34
jimmyb

Quote:
Try this.

19 hurricanes 2011 thru 2020, if that makes you feel better. Hardly the crisis climate sensationalists would have us believe.

BTW, how'd the hole in the ozone work out for them, or the fish boiling in rivers by the 90's, or the global deep freeze we were supposed to get. Miami was supposed to be completely under water last year, never to be seen again. Al Gore told us Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa would be snow free by 2016, of course, it never happened.

He also predicted at a conference in 2009 a “75 percent chance that the entire polar ice cap during some of the summer months could be completely ice free within five to seven years.” In 2014, the ice caps were still there. In fact, it’s 2022 and the ice caps are still there.

In 1958, Betty Friedan, one of the leading thinkers of radical, modern feminism, wrote an article in Harper’s magazine describing the “coming ice age.” It seems the mixing of climate science and radical left-wing politics is nothing new.
Old 09-30-2022, 09:48 AM   #35
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

We got through this unscathed. Storm travelled more east and south of us that was expected. Entered Florida in almost the same spot (southwest) as hurricane Irma five years ago. Yet took a different track from there. No power/internet/cable outages at all.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #36
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Happy to read that Redboard!

Hopefully all of our other Florida members fared this storm well.
Old 09-30-2022, 01:50 PM   #37
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
19 hurricanes 2011 thru 2020, if that makes you feel better. Hardly the crisis climate sensationalists would have us believe. .
19 Hurricanes that made landfall on US soil. Despite what you believe, we are not the only ones on earth. Despite what you think, people on Puerto Rico and Cuba, and Hispaniola-that’s where Haiti and Dominican Republic are located-are human beings too. As are people in Mexico and Central America.

As I stated above the first two decades of this century, we averaged 15.3 hurricanes per year. The previous six decades, we averaged 10.
Old 09-30-2022, 02:21 PM   #38
Inner Dirt

Quote:
19 Hurricanes that made landfall on US soil. Despite what you believe, we are not the only ones on earth. Despite what you think, people on Puerto Rico and Cuba, and Hispaniola-that’s where Haiti and Dominican Republic are located-are human beings too. As are people in Mexico and Central America.

As I stated above the first two decades of this century, we averaged 15.3 hurricanes per year. The previous six decades, we averaged 10.

Can you type anything without an insult in it? You must have a miserable life to act the way you do.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2022, 04:57 PM   #39
wisconsin

Quote:

Have you gone solar yet? What do you do with your garbage? How do you get around? How is your home heated?

We are not responsible for any of this.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #40
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 09-30-2022, 05:27 PM   #41
jimmyb

Quote:

I lived in Florida for nine years including 2004 when Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne came thru. I had business in Pensacola the week Ivan hit. Ivan was the third hurricane to hit the state and i got to see the devastation first hand. Had to drive back to Pinellas county in a van when guess what? category 3 jeanne hit. I ended up driving right thru it. No real issues except side to side motion and a couple of times pulling over because I couldn't see three feet in front of me. Not the first time i've driven thru a hurricane. In 1998 category 4 Georges came thru and I drove thru that in my trusty 1995 caprice classic. Drove from Pinellas county to Daytona on the East coast, everything was shut down so i turned around and drove back. Only thing open was a Chinese restaurant in Kissimmee.

Collectively, the above didn't cause the devastation i'm seeing from Ian. Ft. Meyers looks like it took the brunt of it, just wish I could be there to help in some way.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:35 PM   #42
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
We got through this unscathed. Storm travelled more east and south of us that was expected. Entered Florida in almost the same spot (southwest) as hurricane Irma five years ago. Yet took a different track from there. No power/internet/cable outages at all.
Old 09-30-2022, 05:42 PM   #43
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

With all the damage done and still happening, it is a GD good thing the lunatic left fringe has not put people in electric cars and homes powered by solar panels. It's one thing to get power lines back up, but replacing solar panels to individual homes......wow. Months?
Old 10-02-2022, 07:06 PM   #44
mostpost

Every Florida Republican in Congress voted against disaster aid for their own state. That’s how crazy those people are.
Old 10-02-2022, 07:23 PM   #45
fast4522

Quote:
Every Florida Republican in Congress voted against disaster aid for their own state. That’s how crazy those people are.
When a liberal attaches poison to a bill it is not the bill itself members are voting against, it is the liberal filth that can not be accepted. Clean bills are not part of the left wings game plan.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: