Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-30-2016, 06:39 PM   #16
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
You could have just quoted my post!
Great minds think alike...

CJ, what did you think of the ? I've watched the replay a couple of times and he looked so loaded he just got away from Ortiz.

He might be something nice to bet next time and the PP line will be optically bad which could mean value.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 06:44 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
Great minds think alike...

CJ, what did you think of the ? I've watched the replay a couple of times and he looked so loaded he just got away from Ortiz.

He might be something nice to bet next time and the PP line will be optically bad which could mean value.
I'll have to watch them too, no time during the card.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-30-2016, 07:07 PM   #18
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle
EMD, I don't get this post. Are you saying if Flores shuts off the rail he wins? Or are you saying you just hate when jockeys leave the rail open?

Because the was just second best. The was hands down the best horse in the race. Rosario just hand rode him he literally never whipped him and he swept the whole field. He also hand to steady briefly when the pulled up. He was probably 3-5 lengths the best. The maybe wins the race at 6 furlongs but at 6 and a half he's lucky to get second.

I'm honestly not trolling. I'm trying to flush out your compliant.
I was happy the 8 won. I simply hate jocks who have no clue how the track is playing AND I hate jocks who lead and leave the rail open.

Edit: yes, I 100% agree, the 8 was best. No trolling taken

Last edited by EMD4ME; 07-30-2016 at 07:09 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2016, 03:00 PM   #19
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I just finished having an absolute TIRADE after watching yet another mental midget snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Junior Alvarado was riding the lone speed in race 4. In my brain, I kept wondering to myself. Will he actually be intelligent and stay 4 wide into the clubhouse as his breaks to the lead????

90% of me knew that his mental capacity could never think of the following:

By leading 4 wide into the clubhouse turn, he could bait the 1 into a pressing trip from the inside. He could let it out as needed and toy with the 1's energy reserves AND keep him in the worst part of the track.

Boy , I was hoping for a lot of brainpower from a 2 brain cell engine.

He of course broke best AND DARTED to the rail in 2 strides, LIKE THE RAIL WAS GOLD IN RACES 123 . Of course the 1 burst out (GENIUS RIDE JV, I GIVE YOU CREDIT) after 5 strides AND took the genius position of 1st over AND MORE IMPORTANTLY in the better part of the track.

Watching these supposed best jocks in America, makes me puke.

Even the best of em, Irad, hugged the rail in race 3 like the rail was golden. Not saying his horse could've won but strategy shows intellect and poor strategy shows mental shortcomings. Irad won races 1 and 2 in the best part of the track. You would think he knew to get off the rail as soon as possible. I know, I know, that's AGAIN, too much to ask of these mental midgets.
Old 07-31-2016, 03:03 PM   #20
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Footnote to race 3. I'm sure Andy Serling got a KICK out of watching Leparoux hugging the r for 7/8 of a mile in that same race......
Old 07-31-2016, 04:23 PM   #21
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Junior Alvarado was riding the lone speed in race 4. In my brain, I kept wondering to myself. Will he actually be intelligent and stay 4 wide????
and
Quote:
Even the best of em, Irad, hugged the rail in race 3 like the rail was golden.

FYI, watching it unfold - I was having almost the exact same thoughts...

On a day like today - How can you be riding there and not realize where the best (and worst) part of the track is?

-jp

Old 07-31-2016, 04:30 PM   #22
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Castellano has been riding with his head in the clouds anyway, but that was a beaut in the 7th. Winner was never going to be beat but the inside middle move for no reason and the horrendous hands through the lane definitely cost his mount 2nd
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2016, 08:01 PM   #23
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Castellano has been riding with his head in the clouds anyway, but that was a beaut in the 7th. Winner was never going to be beat but the inside middle move for no reason and the horrendous hands through the lane definitely cost his mount 2nd
I said this to the guy next to me:

IF I EEEEVVVEEERRRR here anyone ANYWHERE tell me that IRAD, JOSE, JAVIER or anyother OVER RATED scarecrow of a brain cell mental midget, IS AS TALENTED AS RAMON, you better WISH ISIS was here instead of me.

All these guys couldn't hold the factory (that manufactured) OF the jockstrap that Ramon wore.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 07-31-2016 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #24
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

How about LepaSTUPID in race 11. RAIL RIDE THE WHOLE WAY!

This after he won by accident in the 6th due to his post and wide trip off of a non rebraker (and dead rail Irad horse).

He is the definition of stupid. TLG let him off easy at GP. He deserved every piece of abuse that he got. STUPID STUPID STUPID.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:15 AM   #25
Robes
Journeyman

Quote:
PA, I know you're against threads on attacking jockeys. Not my intent. I wish we had a thread to vent about unlucky/stupid/poor rides, so I started this one. Not looking to get personal. Just point out such rides. Maybe so we can follow horses back next time out.

Not a horse I want to follow back BUT what the heck was Karmouche doing on the chalk in the 2nd race today at the SPA? How can you be on the lead, put away your main pace pressure (the 6) AND then NOT move over to the rail at the 1/4 to cut off your only other challenger????

In 1980, if you lead the whole way and left the rail open, you were ostricized.

Today, no one even blinks when it happens.

Maybe he thought the rail was still dead? I would've still cut over to the rail at the 1/4.

If you want to see bonehead rides watch a few races at Gulfstream there's at least 1 bonehead ride every race,worst jockey colony in history.

Last edited by Robes; 08-01-2016 at 12:17 AM.
Robes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:52 AM   #26
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister
In my 31 years of betting I have been aware of well over 1,500 times bettors have complained about jockeys on the lead looking behind them in the stretch. "What are you looking back for, the race is in front of you." My reply was always, "No, actually, the race is behind them."

It is by far the the most common complaint I've heard about jockeys rides.
I hate when jockeys look back. I suppose you're correct the race is behind them.

However the $$CASH$$ straight ahead.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #27
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Not saying it was a bonehead ride....probably intelligent and well timed....the horse JEWELED in Del Mar 3rd...heavy favorite FTS taking on the likes of eventual winner American Cleopatra, the other Baffert entry...finished out of the money...perfect example of why they used to couple entries...plenty of horse there early...taken hold of early...still moved into contention easily then gingerly handled..easily could have rallied out wide...but took the inside route into traffic...seemed to find some trouble...lackluster yet perfectly timed ride to finish 4th...take a look at the video...what do you think?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:00 PM   #28
SuperPickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
Not saying it was a bonehead ride....probably intelligent and well timed....the horse JEWELED in Del Mar 3rd...heavy favorite FTS taking on the likes of eventual winner American Cleopatra, the other Baffert entry...finished out of the money...perfect example of why they used to couple entries...plenty of horse there early...taken hold of early...still moved into contention easily then gingerly handled..easily could have rallied out wide...but took the inside route into traffic...seemed to find some trouble...lackluster yet perfectly timed ride to finish 4th...take a look at the video...what do you think?
I think once the horse broke bad it was over. The problem with betting races like this is a jockey isn't going to gun a well bred horse like this after he blows the break. If they think its a nice horse the last thing is they want to have a horrible experience first time out.

Once that horse blew the break it appeared to be about getting an experience.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:53 PM   #29
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
That whole race stunk to me. Bafferts newest 1st call rider Stewart Elliot rides American Cleopatra, who is as dead as a horse can be on the board. Tyler Baze rides the other half of the uncoupled entry and didn't seem too interested in winning.

It made no sense the winner didn't get bet, but I've seen this before. I don't have one, but it'd be interesting to see someone with a database look at all the races Baffert has an uncoupled entry, how often one of them wins and how often it's the longer price
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 04:26 PM   #30
RunDustyRun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
That whole race stunk to me. Bafferts newest 1st call rider Stewart Elliot rides American Cleopatra, who is as dead as a horse can be on the board. Tyler Baze rides the other half of the uncoupled entry and didn't seem too interested in winning.

It made no sense the winner didn't get bet, but I've seen this before. I don't have one, but it'd be interesting to see someone with a database look at all the races Baffert has an uncoupled entry, how often one of them wins and how often it's the longer price
Completely agree...the had two bullet works coming in, including a 58.8 5 furlong work and had one of the best send riders in SoCal in Baze breaking from the outside...while the winner worked uncharacteristically slow for a Baffert runner....I've seen plenty of higher odds Baffert runners win, but bad break or not, Baze certainly wasn't hustling the favorite
RunDustyRun is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: