Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-12-2022, 07:58 AM   #166
azeri98

This horse is a freak.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #167
BarchCapper

Slowest final quarter in a Met Mile since Bribon in 2009. (Who?)

Hey, somebody's got to throw some (unwarranted) cold water on that performance!
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2022, 02:05 PM   #168
ClockersCorner

I’m not a big Beyers guy, but a four race career with figures of 105,114,118 and 112 has got to be pretty unprecedented, no?
ClockersCorner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2022, 10:07 PM   #169
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockersCorner View Post
I’m not a big Beyers guy, but a four race career with figures of 105,114,118 and 112 has got to be pretty unprecedented, no?
Almost as unprecedented as running a top horse once every 5 months on average.

Top sprinters Lost in the Fog and Lite the Fuse began their careers with 10 straight triple BSFs or more. Another top sprinter Affirmed Success started his career with 4 straight and ended up with 38 triple digit BSF in a 42-race career.

Pulpit ran 6 times and earned a triple digit BSF each time.

Coincidentally, John Sadler trained Three Peat to 6 consecutive triple digit BSF to begin his career. That didn't dissuade Sadler from dumping him into a $16k claimer later in his career.

https://www.drf.com/news/jerardi-jus...-beyer-company

Last edited by Spalding No!; 06-13-2022 at 10:10 PM.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 04:38 PM   #170
PalaceOfFortLarned

Looks like he is training up to the 10F Pacific Classic at Del Mar in late August.

Hopefully also means a run in the BC Classic in November?

https://twitter.com/JimGazzale/statu...yU4jsh0q-Hiw54

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 06-27-2022 at 04:39 PM.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 05:24 PM   #171
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Looks like he is training up to the 10F Pacific Classic at Del Mar in late August.

Hopefully also means a run in the BC Classic in November?

https://twitter.com/JimGazzale/statu...yU4jsh0q-Hiw54
I hope he handles the 10F well enough to point to the Classic because comments by Todd Pletcher seem to indicate he thinks Life Is Good was hindered by the track condition in Dubai and he's willing to try 10F again. That's the matchup I want to see. Flightline may be the better horse, but I want to see him chase a peak Life Is Good and then try to finish well enough to win at 10F.
Old 06-27-2022, 09:07 PM   #172
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I hope he handles the 10F well enough to point to the Classic because comments by Todd Pletcher seem to indicate he thinks Life Is Good was hindered by the track condition in Dubai and he's willing to try 10F again. That's the matchup I want to see. Flightline may be the better horse, but I want to see him chase a peak Life Is Good and then try to finish well enough to win at 10F.
If he runs in the Pacific Classic, that's way too little recovery time to come back in the BC. MAYBE he will be ready for the Saudi Cup.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 10:31 PM   #173
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Sounds like trainer speak to me. I'm sure Life Is Good can win at 10f if he draws a field like the Pegasus where the main competition doesn't try to challenge him early, but in a truly run race I doubt that would be near his best distance.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2022, 11:24 PM   #174
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
If he runs in the Pacific Classic, that's way too little recovery time to come back in the BC. MAYBE he will be ready for the Saudi Cup.
No, that is perfect scheduling.

Pacific Classic 2022
BC Classic 2023

It's tight, but doable.
Old 06-28-2022, 12:16 AM   #175
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Sounds like trainer speak to me. I'm sure Life Is Good can win at 10f if he draws a field like the Pegasus where the main competition doesn't try to challenge him early, but in a truly run race I doubt that would be near his best distance.
I agree with you on his best distance, but in the interview I saw it didn’t sound like Pletcher was just excuse making. It sounded like the plan is to go in the Classic if he earns it in these other races.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:30 PM   #176
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I agree with you on his best distance, but in the interview I saw it didn’t sound like Pletcher was just excuse making. It sounded like the plan is to go in the Classic if he earns it in these other races.
I didn't mean to say it wasn't the plan. I'm sure it is the plan. I don't fully buy the surface thing, that is always trainer speak IMO.
Old 06-28-2022, 02:43 PM   #177
the little guy

Quote:
I didn't mean to say it wasn't the plan. I'm sure it is the plan. I don't fully buy the surface thing, that is always trainer speak IMO.
Life is Good sort of has to run in the Classic or find some reason to be retired. A second win in the BC Dirt Mile is like waving the white flag....and a loss in a second attempt would be disasterous.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 04:48 PM   #178
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Life is Good sort of has to run in the Classic or find some reason to be retired. A second win in the BC Dirt Mile is like waving the white flag....and a loss in a second attempt would be disasterous.
For sure, I actually meant to say that. Of course he needs to try 10f again because anything else doesn't matter. I'm just skeptical it was the surface, but Todd isn't going to say he isn't sure he can go that far.
Old 06-28-2022, 04:57 PM   #179
the little guy

Quote:
For sure, I actually meant to say that. Of course he needs to try 10f again because anything else doesn't matter. I'm just skeptical it was the surface, but Todd isn't going to say he isn't sure he can go that far.
Surface excuses are silly. It's what you said, pressured pace and a little past his optimal distance. He's a terrific horse. Doesn't mean he's a terrific 10F horse. I'm looking forward to seeing him Saturday and in the Whitney. He's exciting.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #180
classhandicapper

Quote:
I didn't pay as close attention to how the track was playing that day as I usually do. If the replays and Trakus data are still out there, I'll take a look.

I certainly agree in general about trainers making bogus excuses about the surface, but if he doesn't actually believe it, I'd look for him to find an excuse to retire and not run in the Classic. If he doesn't believe he's a 10F horse, he'd be risking being badly embarrassed in an even tougher field. I don't think they'll do that.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-28-2022 at 07:08 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: