Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Bris Data Files

Can anyone help on why Bris Class last three starts does not show in col1146 when I run a query in my database.
Or is it going to cost $ to get Muticaps??
Mac
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #2
WPL

The $1 files don't have the class factors in them. The $2 files do.
WPL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #3
bob60566
Vancouver Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by WPL
The $1 files don't have the class factors in them. The $2 files do.
Thanks
Is there more in the those files that i could access and do THEY work with XRD results i only play one track Solcal.
Mac
bob60566 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2011, 10:00 PM   #4
WPL

I looked at the multicaps files a few months ago, and the class figures were the only extra elements that I remember about them. I would not know if they work with any 3rd party software in particular.
WPL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob60566
Thanks
Is there more in the those files that i could access and do THEY work with XRD results i only play one track Solcal.
Mac
In the MultiCAPS file you have RR, CR, and Class last 3. These 3 items don't appear in the $1 .drf file.

The .xrd files have basic results data, it makes no difference which card file you use.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
headhawg
crusty old guy

A follow-up question: Aside from certain fields being populated in the mcp vs the drf files, is the other data the same? I know that the TSN data was significantly different, but I am curious if the figs, trainer and jockey names/stats, and other pertinent data is the same between the two. I am asking this because I am wondering if there's a problem mixing the data files (older drf files versus newer mcp files) for database queries.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
A follow-up question: Aside from certain fields being populated in the mcp vs the drf files, is the other data the same? I know that the TSN data was significantly different, but I am curious if the figs, trainer and jockey names/stats, and other pertinent data is the same between the two. I am asking this because I am wondering if there's a problem mixing the data files (older drf files versus newer mcp files) for database queries.
I've never really compared the same data in both files. TSN used different algorithms for their figures. Don't know if names, etc., are any different in the 2 files.

We mix .drf with .mcp files, in AllData all the time, and don't experience any other problems regarding the other data. The raw data comes from the same place so I would think that most of that data is exactly the same, although some have noted differences in the Bris "figs" between the 2 data files.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
JJMartin

Does the Bris XRD file have a scratched horse column? I don't use them but looking into it...

Last edited by JJMartin; 12-25-2012 at 01:13 PM.
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2012, 01:25 PM   #9
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMartin
Does the Bris XRD file have a scratched horse column? I don't use them but looking into it...
Not unless it's been added recently. I haven't looked at the fields lately, Bris' file format, on their site, still doesn't show one.

You have to check the program numbers, prior to the race, and the program numbers that actually ran, and appear in the results file, to get the scratches.

Last edited by raybo; 12-25-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
JJMartin

Thanks
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply