Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 05-31-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
turfbar
Veteran

Black Magic playing style

I was curious as to ,after 15 months of having the software, which playing style are you comfortable with.

Consevative
Aggressive
Very aggressive
Hyper aggressive

I know this only pertains to BLAM participants, but why you chose your style and what benefits does it reap.

Turfbar
turfbar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #2
JimG

Hi turfbar,

I started out using very agressive and have been successful with it so that is what I use.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 05-31-2009 at 12:28 PM.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #3
lsosa54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
Hi turfbar,

I started out using very agressive and have been successful with it so that is what I use.

Jim
Jim: For us non-BLAM'ers, is it just a difference in the way the program calculates the odds line and spread between contenders?
lsosa54 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #4
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsosa54
Jim: For us non-BLAM'ers, is it just a difference in the way the program calculates the odds line and spread between contenders?
Partly. The default form cycle window used and how to treat obvious horses is also involved.

Jim
Old 06-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
Lateralus

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfbar
I was curious as to ,after 15 months of having the software, which playing style are you comfortable with.

Consevative
Aggressive
Very aggressive
Hyper aggressive

I know this only pertains to BLAM participants, but why you chose your style and what benefits does it reap.

Turfbar
Could it be beneficial to use different settings for different race types, tracks, etc? Or do most Black Magic users set it at one level of aggressiveness and leave it there?

Also, curious as to what you and other users think of the 9 instructional DVDs that came with Black Magic.
Lateralus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #6
turfbar
Veteran

BLAM

I have set my level at very aggressive , the 9 dvds that came with the program
are well intended for instructional basis , but I don't review them for helpful facts .I love BLAM but don't belong to the wizards forum anymore for numerous reasons ,for one you can't raise anything in that forum that isn't positive or contrary to some of the teachings .

Turfbar
Old 06-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
QuarterCrack

Quote:
I love BLAM but don't belong to the wizards forum anymore for numerous reasons ,for one you can't raise anything in that forum that isn't positive or contrary to some of the teachings .

Turfbar
I've never seen any kind of censorship there; people are free to post whatever they want.
QuarterCrack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
turfbar
Veteran

not since July 08

Haven't been a member since July 2008, so I can't comment on what the forum offers now, but I do recall an issue that was kicked to the side when I was there so we remain POSITIVE.

Thats all

Turfbar

P.S. so long ago I can't even remember the exact issue
Old 06-03-2009, 10:17 PM   #9
mjw

Turfbar,

I use the "Very Aggressive" mode. I find that it keeps me honest with horses that I am looking at.
mjw is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #10
Wickel

Hey Turf:

Can you sign up to be a member of Wizard's Forum without buying Black Magic? Or can you purchase the forum CDs separately?
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2009, 09:52 AM   #11
turfbar
Veteran

Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
Hey Turf:

Can you sign up to be a member of Wizard's Forum without buying Black Magic? Or can you purchase the forum CDs separately?
I believe u can be forum member, call and ask Doug at Post time he's a great guy

T
Old 06-18-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
turfbar
Veteran

As long as we are talking

I find it perplexing that I only got 2 responses on this BM question. I know there are plenty of users of Blam out there. I wonder why they never chimed in .

Turfbar
Old 06-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #13
JimG

Quote:
I find it perplexing that I only got 2 responses on this BM question. I know there are plenty of users of Blam out there. I wonder why they never chimed in .
Turfbar
Even though I was one of the two that replied, I'll take a stab at your perplexion. BLAM already has a forum as you know and the users discuss the software daily with one another and Michael Pizzolla. No need to get into a huge discussion over BLAM here as those that use and profit from it would be considered shills and full of it by many here and those that say the program is crap do not use it so they do not know what they are talking about.

I certainly have no interest in converting horse players to BLAM or any other program at this stage of my horse playing life.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickel
Hey Turf:

Never hurts to ask but I doubt that the answer is yes to either one of your questions.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:42 PM   #15
turfbar
Veteran

I understand

YUP. Makes sense

Thanx Jim