Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 52 votes, 4.87 average.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #571
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Running styles and early/late ratings will appear soon, preview below, though the actual look may change:

Attached Images
File Type: png style.png (4.3 KB, 436 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #572
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Doug went against the Pace Projector in the 7th and 8th, and these times the PP won. I'm in no way advocating blindly betting the Pace Projector, or Doug's picks for that matter, but there is a lot of good info available.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:54 PM   #573
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXB
Although obviously declining in share with the rapid proliferation of tablets, 80% of all web traffic is still via desktops/laptops and the people who really follow this stuff expect at least 300,000,000 per year of those supposed dinosaur devices to be sold for at least three or four more years. No way only 5% of people will be using a desktop or laptop within five years. Especially among the adult population.

TFUS with its online/mobile focus will obviously consider the changing nature of tech as it goes along. (The product is already designed specifically to be tablet-friendly.)
Unfortunately, I discovered today that no matter how many pace lines show on the website, when you save or print, you only get 7 lines. This is not good. I am not going to be tied to anything on line to use, so this is not going to be my long term product. I love the figures, but I hate the format. It is not at all friendly to me. I doubt it ever will be.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #574
Big Sal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Doug went against the Pace Projector in the 7th and 8th, and these times the PP won. I'm in no way advocating blindly betting the Pace Projector, or Doug's picks for that matter, but there is a lot of good info available.
Yep. I wish I choose the 1st or 8th race as my Top Play write-up today, instead of the 7th, that's for sure.

I'm a little surprised the horse in the 7th was bet as hard as she was, and a lot surprised that she went backwards for Servis off of good races for a total gyp trainer.

I've seen those kind of ugly efforts before from horses who've spent all summer and fall in Miami and shipped into very cold weather to race. She had a perfect trip and just ran horrible, today.

Had a nice start on the blog with an 11/1 winner, but nothing cooking after that.
Big Sal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2013, 06:58 PM   #575
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The figure differences for Gold Potion and Absolute Paradise were astonishingly large on every set of figures I examined. No one came even close to agreeing.

It's hard to understand why because using some old style class analysis they looked like very similar horses off their last race.

Gold Potion had run a solid 2nd in the same class (20K Statebred) and Absolute Paradise had run a decent 3rd with a trip for 12K (but open) in a race with several decent 16K open dropdowns. I'd say the Absolute Paradise race looked a tad stronger on a class basis.

On my numbers (class based) I had them essentially the same last race, 21.75 for Absolute Paradise and 22 for Gold Potion, so top fig off the last race for AP but only by a quarter point. Your old style class is in agreement with my high tech class here. The winner was certainly playable on value but add the fact that Gold Potion was only third liftetime start and would seem to have a clear edge on the trainer factor and it's pretty easy to explain why GP took a lot more money. It's a race I wouldn't touch on paper, too many lightly raced horses for my taste buds... a good insight on trips would change that thought or a different set of numbers like CJs. I don't mean to crash into his thread, if his numbers made this one stand out, that's cool.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-26-2013, 07:15 PM   #576
jasperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capper Al
What is the added value of TUS? At least, what does it offer so I should decide to try it? That's all I'm asking. Need a reason to buy in and spend time doing the research.
I think Al and I have the same problem. We both use bris's single file comma delimited data to run with our own programs. I know where my program is strong and where it is weak and where I should caution. It is the old adage the devil you know is preferable to the one you don't know. Also I know that sometimes you have to take a step backward in order to take two steps forward. My problem is if I take the step backward an I going to take the two steps forward if I use timeform. I am presently testing my last tweak to my oddslines program and it looks promising. I have 546 races(fast tracks, no artifical) with data from at least 8 different track. The win % is 37.2% with and roi of -.02 ($1.98)which I think is very good. After I get at least 1000 race I will seperate the distants, dirt vs turf and in individual tracks to see which catagories are money makers. I would like to try timeform, but right now I don't have time for it.
jasperson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2013, 03:16 AM   #577
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sal
Yep. I wish I choose the 1st or 8th race as my Top Play write-up today, instead of the 7th, that's for sure.

I'm a little surprised the horse in the 7th was bet as hard as she was, and a lot surprised that she went backwards for Servis off of good races for a total gyp trainer.

I've seen those kind of ugly efforts before from horses who've spent all summer and fall in Miami and shipped into very cold weather to race. She had a perfect trip and just ran horrible, today.

Had a nice start on the blog with an 11/1 winner, but nothing cooking after that.
Douglas is one of the best. Always look for his picks, and before he was w/ timeform I would reach out to him for them. Nice guy, always gets back to you.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #578
GMB@BP

Using the software heavily for the first time here a few items to clarify or suggestions.

1. From the main PP page is there a place that shows the horses race number in the PP without clicking on the charts, this is mostly important for people who watch replays and may become a bit irrelevant after they add that feature.

2. It would be nice if in the charts the "Ahead/Behind" was a setting, I know its one click but when you click a lot of charts its just something that would save some time.

3. Has anyone played around with the notes feature? I see a note in the chart above the horse running lines, I see you can click in there and add data, but when would that be done? Do you have to wait until a race with one of these horses is entered to add a note to the chart or is there another way?

4. I see a "your comment" in the horse chart notes, how do you add data to this field from the chart? Also, same question from above?

5. I do note see any notation of DQ's in the chart?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2013, 01:08 PM   #579
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP
Using the software heavily for the first time here a few items to clarify or suggestions.

1. From the main PP page is there a place that shows the horses race number in the PP without clicking on the charts, this is mostly important for people who watch replays and may become a bit irrelevant after they add that feature.

2. It would be nice if in the charts the "Ahead/Behind" was a setting, I know its one click but when you click a lot of charts its just something that would save some time.

3. Has anyone played around with the notes feature? I see a note in the chart above the horse running lines, I see you can click in there and add data, but when would that be done? Do you have to wait until a race with one of these horses is entered to add a note to the chart or is there another way?

4. I see a "your comment" in the horse chart notes, how do you add data to this field from the chart? Also, same question from above?

5. I do note see any notation of DQ's in the chart?
Customer service can definitely help you with these better than I can, haven't played much with the Notes feature yet.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:23 PM   #580
GMB@BP

Sent them an email.
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #581
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Running styles and early/late ratings will appear soon, preview below, though the actual look may change:
These are included as of today.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:41 PM   #582
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

How do you read the Running styles and early/late ratings? No info about this on the site.
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #583
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
How do you read the Running styles and early/late ratings? No info about this on the site.
This is where I have found the info

http://timeformusblog.com/2013/12/30...imeformus-pps/
Old 12-31-2013, 12:43 AM   #584
GMB@BP

It will be nice to have the running styles in the preview where you can see the whole field.
Old 01-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #585
Delta Cone

A quick thank you from a first-time user to Timeform US for the early/late ratings. They were instrumental in helping me hit the trifecta in the 6th race at SA on Jan. 1, 2014.

The 9 horse, High Jinks, was the top ranked late horse in a race that the Pace Projector predicted would have a fast pace. He ran second at a nice price and helped the trifecta pay $495 for a $1.

I likely wouldn't have used the horse without the assistance of the early/late ratings.
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
quick, timeform adjustment