Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #16
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
Who's next?
Ralph is hoping for Texas!
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2016, 05:50 PM   #17
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Ralph is hoping for Texas!
Not enough support here. But I'd vote for it.

Actually I'm for breaking the country into 3 maybe 4 pieces. We already act that way except for Federal money.

We are 3 possibly 4 countries now.........
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2016, 09:53 AM   #18
reckless
Veteran

As I understand it, this weekend, PM Theresa May will have serious closed door meetings with her Cabinet and closest advisors discussing Article 50 (setting into motion the UK withdrawal from the EU). Other matters will be discussed too, and the cabinet members actually have a vote yes or no pertaining to her positions she wishes to present before Parliament.

The Parliament opens up the session on Monday.

While the current Cabinet was chosen by May following Cameron's abdication, If the Cabinet shoots down any of May's proposals -- especially Article 50, all hell will break loose and elections may come again long before 2020.

The money is on enacting Article 50 ASAP. But if not, we'll know Sunday as the Brit media is all over this Cabinet meeting.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 12:32 AM   #19
horses4courses

Sterling Tanks

Pretty soon sterling will trade lower than euros and US dollars.
UK must really be looking forward to this split

What can isolationist, nationalistic, xenophobes do for a country?
Nothing much in a positive sense.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/fore...-in-focus.html

Last edited by horses4courses; 11-16-2018 at 12:38 AM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 12:41 AM   #20
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
The parallels with your own little crusade, monkey man, are astounding.
Haters who have no concern for anyone but themselves carried the day.
You'll be singing the same song right up to November, and beyond.
I have to admit, these old posts prior to Hilary's defeat tickle me to death. Common sense would dictate anyone who made this asinine, wildly embarrassingly inaccurate comment above, would simply quit the thread. But....
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 01:07 AM   #21
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Pretty soon sterling will trade lower than euros and US dollars.
UK must really be looking forward to this split

What can isolationist, nationalistic, xenophobes do for a country?
Nothing much in a positive sense.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/16/fore...-in-focus.html

Shocking.

The brainwashing is real.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 12:38 PM   #22
HalvOnHorseracing

I'm heading off to The British Isles in a few months. Last time I was there a few years ago it cost $1.60 to buy a pound. Yesterday it was $1.30. Not out of the question to see the pound drop further as Brexit is implemented.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2018, 12:44 PM   #23
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Common sense would dictate anyone who made this asinine, wildly embarrassingly inaccurate comment above, would simply quit the thread. But....
Threxit
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #24
snappit

Brexit has become a shambles. The UK public were lied to and conned by the pro Brexit mob and leave.eu are now under investigation from the metropolitan police and National Crime Agency for financial irregularities and collusion with Russia during the referendum campaign.

Theresa May now seems to have come to some sort of deal on the terms of leaving with the other EU nations but is now facing a possible vote of no confidence from her own party right wingers who are that dumb they think we should leave with no deal. Brexit is the worst thing to have happened to my country in my lifetime. I still find it hard to comprehend that half our population were taken in by the lies and fear mongering by the leave supporters.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 04:04 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
Brexit has become a shambles. The UK public were lied to and conned by the pro Brexit mob and leave.eu are now under investigation from the metropolitan police and National Crime Agency for financial irregularities and collusion with Russia during the referendum campaign.
How convenient.

When in doubt, the powers that be can invalidate an ENTIRE ELECTION REFERENDUM and TAKE AWAY the RIGHTS of the PEOPLE to VOTE simply by declaring something as nebulous as "collusion with Russia."

Taking a ****ing page right out of the absurd USA recently.

The whole world can just go to hell as far as I'm concerned. People should just STOP VOTING. IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE.

If they don't like the RESULT, they'll do all they can to INVALIDATE IT...they will lie, cheat, KILL, and steal to get it done.

It's over folks. Kiss your rights and your collective asses goodbye.

This is much worse than ANYBODY ever imagined. I always told you all that if you REALLY KNEW what was going on in this world, you'd end up cowering in the corner, holding your blanket, sucking your thumb, and crying out for mommy.

Perhaps it has come to that already.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #26
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
How convenient.

When in doubt, the powers that be can invalidate an ENTIRE ELECTION REFERENDUM and TAKE AWAY the RIGHTS of the PEOPLE to VOTE simply by declaring something as nebulous as "collusion with Russia."

Taking a ****ing page right out of the absurd USA recently.

The whole world can just go to hell as far as I'm concerned. People should just STOP VOTING. IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE.

If they don't like the RESULT, they'll do all they can to INVALIDATE IT...they will lie, cheat, KILL, and steal to get it done.

It's over folks. Kiss your rights and your collective asses goodbye.

This is much worse than ANYBODY ever imagined. I always told you all that if you REALLY KNEW what was going on in this world, you'd end up cowering in the corner, holding your blanket, sucking your thumb, and crying out for mommy.

Perhaps it has come to that already.
The result hasn't been invalidated and stands. Far too much to go into but there are serious concerns around where the £8m that a man called Arron Banks - who has big connections to the Russians - donated to the unofficial leave.eu group came from.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You find it hard to believe (Brexit vote), so that MUST MEAN something nefarious went on...the GULLIBLE PEOPLE WHO VOTED were CONNED into VOTING for something they REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO VOTE FOR.

You have to be freakin' kidding me. Do you listen to yourselves? You sound just like those on this side of the pond (so hard to believe Hillary lost, so something EVIL must have gone down to make this happen)...good grief!

Imagine if *I* had acted this way when Obama beat Romney...or McCain....

Of course, conservatives have way more sense then to embarrass themselves like this.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-19-2018 at 07:00 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-29-2018, 05:10 PM   #28
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You find it hard to believe (Brexit vote), so that MUST MEAN something nefarious went on...the GULLIBLE PEOPLE WHO VOTED were CONNED into VOTING for something they REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO VOTE FOR.

You have to be freakin' kidding me. Do you listen to yourselves? You sound just like those on this side of the pond (so hard to believe Hillary lost, so something EVIL must have gone down to make this happen)...good grief!

Imagine if *I* had acted this way when Obama beat Romney...or McCain....

Of course, conservatives have way more sense then to embarrass themselves like this.

Simple facts are the official vote leave campaign did break electoral law regarding financing and have been fined for doing so. The unofficial leave.eu group is under serious criminal investigation for breaking electoral law regarding financing. It's leaders did meet with Russian officials several times, something they lied about and have now admitted. There were allegedly business deals done.

The leave campaigns at best misled the public and in cases told outright lies, particularly regarding the cost of being a member and immigration. Their whole campaign was based on ridiculous xenophobia and nationalistic nonsense, and in some cases outright racism.

We now have a situation where at last May has sorted a deal with the other nations, a deal that is terrible and unlikely to get through parliament as neither ardent brexiters nor remainers will support it. We now seem to have a choice over a bad deal that will be awful for us, or to leave with no deal that will be catastrophic. Whatever happens the economy will spiral and we will all suffer.

Last edited by snappit; 11-29-2018 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:25 AM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Their whole campaign was based on ridiculous xenophobia and nationalistic nonsense, and in some cases outright racism.
And yet, the people voted for it anyway? Why would that be?

Maybe you're off base in your assessment. Could that be it?

It's not like UKers to vote for outright racism, is it? I mean, Donald Trump is over here, not over there, right? There is only one Donald Trump, right?

Don't like the outcome of a vote? Cry racism. Cry Russia.

Seems to work no matter what side of the pond you live.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:08 PM   #30
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Strategy: Ask Russia to pay for a wall on the border with Finland.

I'll be in England in July. I love reading the tabloids. I'm sure the Brexit issue will still be ripe.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: