Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 04-24-2024, 04:14 PM   #1
Vince P 777

Honor Marie Over Under Winning Derby Margin

After crunching numbers and essential data multiple times and verifying all Output through my Abacus and TI-30, the above referenced horse comes out ahead after almost every projection.

The question is, by how much does he win?

Over a Neck?

Under a Neck?

By a Neck?

Vince P

ps: I may be forced to make my first-ever Legal wager next weekend.
Vince P 777 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-25-2024, 07:43 PM   #2
Parkview_Pirate

Legal wager? Where's the fun in that? Actually, I'd guess that if you place a wager on margin of victory, it won't be legal. Sketchy, at best. But I haven't kept up with some of those newer sports betting sites, so maybe they offer it.

I double checked your calculations with the higher tech old "stick in the sand" method, not to be confused if the stick gets stuck elsewhere. It comes out that Honor Marie goes off at 23-1, which negates the need to juice the payoff with a margin of victory play.

Good luck!
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-26-2024, 06:59 AM   #3
lamboguy

the year GIACOMO won the race, i bet over on the attendance. it cashed easily!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2024, 10:49 PM   #4
Afleet

hope this horse trips out
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2024, 01:09 AM   #5
Vince P 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Legal wager? Where's the fun in that? Actually, I'd guess that if you place a wager on margin of victory, it won't be legal. Sketchy, at best. But I haven't kept up with some of those newer sports betting sites, so maybe they offer it.

I double checked your calculations with the higher tech old "stick in the sand" method, not to be confused if the stick gets stuck elsewhere. It comes out that Honor Marie goes off at 23-1, which negates the need to juice the payoff with a margin of victory play.

Good luck!
Lol.

I won't be betting Honor Marie Saturday.......because I already did in a future bet at 40-1, right after he won the Kentucky Jockey Club in November at Churchill.

I may do a backwheel on him in case the aforementioned Giacomo noses him out.

Vince P
Old 04-30-2024, 01:14 AM   #6
lamboguy

i am probably going to be on HONOR MARIE, for something. i know lots of people like CATCHING FREEDOM who was the winner in the HONOR MARIE race.

but its really to early to finalize who i bet. i am going to need a good look at the horses when they come on to the track and warm up for the race. i like to look at the horses necks in as much as how they carry their heads right before they enter the gate.

FIERCENESS could look great, but if every race before the derby finds the winners coming from the back of the pack, there will be no way i could place any money on him. if the runners are going well up front, he will probably be my pick if i get 8/5 or more.

if for some reason HONOR MARIE is not 10-1 or more, i will go to the horse that beat him in Louisiana.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:30 AM   #7
Vince P 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
hope this horse trips out
I kinda feel trips are often the Name of the game, especially in a crazy race like the Derby.

It's funny how we often complain about the bad rides/luck our horses get, but the truth is that a lot of our winners are the result of very fortunate trips.

Vince P
Old 04-30-2024, 05:47 AM   #8
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince P 777 View Post
I kinda feel trips are often the Name of the game, especially in a crazy race like the Derby.

It's funny how we often complain about the bad rides/luck our horses get, but the truth is that a lot of our winners are the result of very fortunate trips.

Vince P
Well said Vince.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:37 AM   #9
lamboguy

i am probably going to be on HONOR MARIE, for something. i know lots of people like CATCHING FREEDOM who was the winner in the HONOR MARIE race.

but its really to early to finalize who i bet. i am going to need a good look at the horses when they come on to the track and warm up for the race. i like to look at the horses necks in as much as how they carry their heads right before they enter the gate.

FIERCENESS could look great, but if every race before the derby finds the winners coming from the back of the pack, there will be no way i could place any money on him. if the runners are going well up front, he will probably be my pick if i get 8/5 or more.

if for some reason HONOR MARIE is not 10-1 or more, i will go to the horse that beat him in Louisiana.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:38 PM   #10
Afleet

I'm biased on this horse. Played him and Sierra Leonne fairly heavy in the January futures pool exactas. Smaller win bets at 25-1 for HM and 13-1 on SL

Last edited by Afleet; 04-30-2024 at 06:39 PM. Reason: add
Old 04-30-2024, 08:26 PM   #11
lamboguy

i just got HONOR MARIE@ +1850. i didn't bet it
Old 04-30-2024, 09:11 PM   #12
Vince P 777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
I'm biased on this horse. Played him and Sierra Leonne fairly heavy in the January futures pool exactas. Smaller win bets at 25-1 for HM and 13-1 on SL
Good luck Afleet.

+1300 on Sierra Leone is an extremely good catch, imo.

I feel he is the horse to beat.

Vince
Old 05-01-2024, 11:35 AM   #13
DanBoals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post

Honor Marie and Catching Freedom are both solid horses in my opinion with Honor Marie have a slight edge early and Catching Freedom having a slight edge late. Neither seems great on an off track, but if the rain doesn't come I am using both.
DanBoals is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-02-2024, 01:44 PM   #14
Afleet

Looking at the Ragozin for HM at 2 and now at age 3, I'm thinking with an average trip he runs a 5 or 6. Think that will win it
Old 05-02-2024, 02:20 PM   #15
denniswilliams

Hard to make sense of the appeal of this horse.

Gets dusted badly by Sierra Leone and Catching Freedom in the Risen Star, with CF on the wrong lead. CF straightens out his footwork and dusts him again in the LA Derby.

Best case: he's the 3rd best closer in the race.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply