Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-14-2017, 05:35 PM   #1
davew

Is 0bama going to start a war with Russia?

Some people are wondering if the anointed one will start a war with Russia before we leaves. The 17 intelligence agencies have been making noise about Russia swaying elections away from Clinton (I still don't buy it completely - they are smart enough not to leave tracks, and if there are tracks, they were surely left by someone else - like DHS). They have been fortifying NATO forces in eastern Europe. They have been accusing Syria/Russia of doing the things we are doing.....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #2
Greyfox

In this nuclear age, war with Russia would be madness.
It could lead to the end of civilization, as we know it, if not the end of mankind.
Amassing American troops in Poland is just as much a message that Obama is sending to Trump as it is to Putin. It is a silly move.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 06:18 PM   #3
FantasticDan
gelding

I think it's more likely that Obama, after leaving office, will overthrow Putin using a vast Kenyan and African army (his real people). And then, since he has always hated America, he'll attack the US as the new Russian Tsar.

Putin will flee to the US, and Trump will force Pence to resign. Putin will then be installed in a newly created position, the Tremendous and Super Classy Minister of Winners.

The US forces will fall quickly tho, since instead of using modern weaponry, all our troops will ride into battle shirtless and via horseback.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #4
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Some people are wondering if the anointed one will start a war with Russia before we leaves. The 17 intelligence agencies have been making noise about Russia swaying elections away from Clinton (I still don't buy it completely - they are smart enough not to leave tracks, and if there are tracks, they were surely left by someone else - like DHS). They have been fortifying NATO forces in eastern Europe. They have been accusing Syria/Russia of doing the things we are doing.....
When you say some people, I'm not picturing a group of PhD's at a foreign policy think tank.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 07:28 PM   #5
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
I think it's more likely that Obama, after leaving office, will overthrow Putin using a vast Kenyan and African army (his real people). And then, since he has always hated America, he'll attack the US as the new Russian Tsar.

Putin will flee to the US, and Trump will force Pence to resign. Putin will then be installed in a newly created position, the Tremendous and Super Classy Minister of Winners.

The US forces will fall quickly tho, since instead of using modern weaponry, all our troops will ride into battle shirtless and via horseback.
I am not sure if 0bama has made Daesh powerful enough to beat Syria and Putin. Maybe if he started leading them there, instead of from a golf course in the USA, they will be more successful at keeping their winnings. I think he has made Iran almost as powerful and rich as Russia is so it would just be easier for him to conquer Africa and Middle East and leave Russia alone. He could slip in the back door tunnel and take all of Israel's US supplied weapons.

But then again that would seem like work, when what he really loves is campaigning, saying how great he is, and playing golf. Declaring martial law would be a start (before switching to Sharia law), to become the first US lifelong dictator.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2017, 08:14 PM   #6
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan

Impossible.

That would mean Obama would actually have to work and do something of substance.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 07:12 AM   #7
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Impossible.

That would mean Obama would actually have to work and do something of substance.
Good point. He's a slacker, and one who barely does what he's told to do....
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #8
chadk66

I don't think I'd worry about what Trump is going to start with Russia. I'd be more worried about whether Russia will turn the middle east to glass.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Trump is not the one poking the bear.
That is the democrats - accusing Russia of acts with no verifiable evidence.

They just cannot accept that they lost.
They have to have an excuse.

Here are three good ones.....

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1937.jpg (16.8 KB, 80 views)
Old 01-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Trump is not the one poking the bear.
That is the democrats - accusing Russia of acts with no verifiable evidence.

They just cannot accept that they lost.
They have to have an excuse.

Here are three good ones.....
Here's an idea. If Russia didn't do it, maybe they can shove it up our ass and restore their good name at the same time by exposing who really did it.

Or they could take one out of OJ's book: If I Did It: Confessions of a Killer
Old 01-15-2017, 10:45 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If we have not one, but 13 intelligence farms saying it happened, WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Asking a dem for proof seems to be unreasonable.
and remember, they did not hack ANY ballots, all they did, if they did it, was reveal what the dems did in reality.

If you have a problem, I suggest you ask the DNC to explain themselves.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
If we have not one, but 13 intelligence farms saying it happened, WHERE IS THE PROOF?

Asking a dem for proof seems to be unreasonable.
and remember, they did not hack ANY ballots, all they did, if they did it, was reveal what the dems did in reality.

If you have a problem, I suggest you ask the DNC to explain themselves.
You could always take a few minutes out of your busy day bashing Democrats and read the reports. Background to “Assessing Russian Activities and Intentions in Recent US Elections”: The Analytic Process and Cyber Incident Attribution

https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf

It provides a detailed analysis on what the Russians did.

You remind me of the guy who closes all his blinds and shades, sits in the middle of his living room and then wonders where the hell the sun went.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing

You remind me of the guy who closes all his blinds and shades, sits in the middle of his living room and then wonders where the hell the sun went.
That happens to me a lot too. Usually late in the evening, after a few beers.

Everything is generally all better in the morning.

Except here, where a lot of people never see the light.
Old 01-15-2017, 02:22 PM   #14
classhandicapper

I don't doubt that the Russians (and Chinese, Israelis, Japanese, Europeans etc...) spy on and hack the US. I don't doubt that all of them try to influence US politics (just look at the Clinton foundation and foreign lobbyist). What I am less certain of is who gave the DNC and Podesta emails to wikileaks. Assange still says it was not Russia. It could have been any of them, including disgruntled democrats that were pissed off about how Sanders got screwed or even members of US intelligence that did not want Clinton to win. People tend to think of US intelligence as some monolithic organization working towards the same goal. But there are political forces within the CIA, FBI, NSA etc... also. They fight for power also.

Even though I read a lot of the damaging emails from wikileaks, I don't think they had a huge impact. I think the Comely investigation had a more significant impact because the timing was right before the election and that's when the numbers started shifting. That was US intelligence, not Russia.

Finally, what this comes down to is that the democrats are pissed off they got caught because it hurt them and now they are using it as an excuse. I'm not in favor of hacking, but I AM in favor of weeding out corruption. So I'm glad whoever did hack them helped inform me.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-15-2017 at 02:29 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2017, 03:02 PM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
Here's an idea. If Russia didn't do it, maybe they can shove it up our ass and restore their good name at the same time by exposing who really did it.

Talk about a huge disconnect in logic! Why is the onus on the Russians to prove anything! It's the Dems who have besmirched their name in the first place -- without a shred of evidence.