Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-31-2022, 04:31 PM   #46
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Nonsense, he knew the rule....everyone does.

If I'm at GP, in the paddock area, getting an in-person look at the horses, or maybe getting info from a trainer or connections if a horse might be cranked up, maybe that IS an advantage, when it might be the deciding factor in a tourney that's paying $725,000 for first.....But, maybe not.

Many big players I know have connections at the track to relay such information. Is there a communication lockdown at the tournament?
Old 01-31-2022, 04:40 PM   #47
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Many big players I know have connections at the track to relay such information. Is there a communication lockdown at the tournament?
It was just a supposition, nothing more, nothing less....

We both know many connections, does that mean we break Tourney rules when we feel like it?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 04:42 PM   #48
MooseDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Your not allowed to get any knowledge from connections you may know within the industry in these tourneys? How do they police that over the days and say weeks leading up to it?
Can't and they don't. At my table that was the first order of business every day for a couple of they guys. At least they were willing to share the info. And no, none of their hot tips led to scores.

And generally, anything that shared and was 8-1 or more on the ML would inevitably be bet down so as to be unusable in the NHC for a play.

You are supposed to declare if you are hold a racing license of any kind, and per the rules you can't play a horse you have an "interest in" - it's worded exactly that way so open to interpretation. You can ask the organizers for a ruling on this for a particular horse you are connected with.

Last edited by MooseDog; 01-31-2022 at 04:46 PM.
MooseDog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 05:17 PM   #49
classhandicapper

Quote:
And that's all you should have said....
I'm allowed to have an opinion on horse racing's apparent need for drama and self destruction. IMO, there's no reason to drag tournaments or him trough the mud when it wasn't about cheating. He made a decision that violated the rules. He got DQ'd for it. He accepted the penalty. If he didn't get DQ'd or was fighting it, that would be a problem. IMO this should be over.
Old 01-31-2022, 05:48 PM   #50
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

EXAMPLES NEED TO BE MADE OF THOSE WHO ARE ABOVE THE RULES THAT WE ALL FOLLOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I'm allowed to have an opinion on horse racing's apparent need for drama and self destruction. IMO, there's no reason to drag tournaments or him trough the mud when it wasn't about cheating. He made a decision that violated the rules. He got DQ'd for it. He accepted the penalty. If he didn't get DQ'd or was fighting it, that would be a problem. IMO this should be over.
Remember the huge cheating scandal at the BCBC a few years ago?....How quickly everyone forgets...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 06:02 PM   #51
AndyC

Quote:
It was just a supposition, nothing more, nothing less....

We both know many connections, does that mean we break Tourney rules when we feel like it?

No, the disqualification was warranted based on the rules in place. Just questioning your supposition and whether or not the rule is necessary.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:03 PM   #52
davew

Rule #95 really?

when was the last time the rules were changed and how many total are there?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 06:09 PM   #53
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Rule #95 really?

when was the last time the rules were changed and how many total are there?

I had way over 100 when I got married...
to my first wife

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 06:21 PM   #54
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 06:42 PM   #55
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Integrity is always a good talking point, not so much an action point.
We shall see.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:59 PM   #56
classhandicapper

Quote:
Remember the huge cheating scandal at the BCBC a few years ago?....How quickly everyone forgets...
Cheating would be a very major problem, but if you are implying that he was using an unfair advantage to cheat, I haven't seen or heard any evidence of that. Besides, what could be a more plausible explanation than wanting to see a race we've all ben waiting for for 2 months and making a bad decision because of it?

If you are saying he had a "theoretical" advantage by being there, then they will have to bar all phone and internet access use at the tournament because if he was sitting in the hotel playing, he (or anyone else with connections in racing for that matter) could just as easily speak to a trainer, owner, clocker, or handicapper friend about the latest developments with their horses and how they look in the paddock via technology.

If you want to say that people with inside connections have an advantage sometimes, IMO they absolutely do. But they have that advantage for cash too.

I think DQ'ing him was the right answer because he broke the rules, but I think it's a mistake to blow it up beyond this forum nonsense. So much so, I regret adding to the conversation beyond my first post.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-31-2022 at 07:01 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2022, 09:36 PM   #57
ranchwest

From what I have read, he asked for a masking exemption to make his selections from his room. He had to have known he was not going to be in his room. So, it appears that he wasn't just unwittingly violating the rules. He planned to violate the rules. If my understanding of the situation is correct, this is why I am very disappointed in what he did.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:29 PM   #58
v j stauffer

Quote:
I remember it VERY clearly.

Kinchen and his running mate Peter Fornatale were in the middle of the accusations being made.

I was forced to give a 90 minute interview with some independent investigator when I finished 8th in the BCBC.

I DID NOTHING WRONG.

Well perhaps except cash in 3 of 5 BCBC's

Not long after, he and Peter put together a TV broadcast for a Tournament on the West Coast.

Wanted to make it like the WSOP coverage.

Can't remember if it was Santa Anita and Del Mar.

Fornatale reached out to me (because he had my best interests at heart) and warned me to be sure abide by the rules.

That they'd be watching closely because they wanted their tournament to be beyond reproach.

My response was....Well let's call it passionate.

As I said. All this hullabaloo seems somewhat ironic.

I'm looking forward to finally feeling comfortable with playing in 2023.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:22 PM   #59
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
I remember it VERY clearly.

Kinchen and his running mate Peter Fornatale were in the middle of the accusations being made.

I was forced to give a 90 minute interview with some independent investigator when I finished 8th in the BCBC.

I DID NOTHING WRONG.

Well perhaps except cash in 3 of 5 BCBC's

Not long after, he and Peter put together a TV broadcast for a Tournament on the West Coast.

Wanted to make it like the WSOP coverage.

Can't remember if it was Santa Anita and Del Mar.

Fornatale reached out to me (because he had my best interests at heart) and warned me to be sure abide by the rules.

That they'd be watching closely because they wanted their tournament to be beyond reproach.

My response was....Well let's call it passionate.

As I said. All this hullabaloo seems somewhat ironic.

I'm looking forward to finally feeling comfortable with playing in 2023.
You keep mentioning Peter Fornatale as getting his karma, was he the runner or mixed up in this in some way?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-01-2022, 03:28 PM   #60
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
You keep mentioning Peter Fornatale as getting his karma, was he the runner or mixed up in this in some way?
He was Kinchen's partner for the TV project and part of the impetus in sending the letter accusing me to the NTRA.