Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-25-2022, 03:22 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 50,110
How long until?

How long until a court shoots down Biden’s 10k gift to lawyers and college loan takers of all brands?


I am not sure who might sue, but somebody will.

I say 10 days or so………..
__________________
LUKE 22:36
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 07:12 PM   #2
Actor
Librocubicularist
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 10,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
How long until a court shoots down Biden’s 10k gift to lawyers and college loan takers of all brands?


I am not sure who might sue, but somebody will.

I say 10 days or so………..
The courts don't move that fast.
__________________
Sapere aude
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 08:31 PM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
The courts don't move that fast.
The new "" court might.

Trump....the gift that keeps on giving.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 09:40 PM   #4
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
How long until a court shoots down Biden’s 10k gift to lawyers and college loan takers of all brands?


I am not sure who might sue, but somebody will.

I say 10 days or so………..
Fascinating you think that's a winning strategy here.

Sometimes you just gotta take the L.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 10:41 PM   #5
chrisl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ketchikan,AK
Posts: 1,897
That statement generally comes from someone who is benefitting from the "L"
I do not think that surprises many here.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 PM   #6
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
That statement generally comes from someone who is benefitting from the "L"
I do not think that surprises many here.
You think I have student loans?!?!

__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 11:24 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 50,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Fascinating you think that's a winning strategy here.

Sometimes you just gotta take the L.
When something is patently illegal, what do you expect to occur?
__________________
LUKE 22:36
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-25-2022, 11:32 PM   #8
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
When something is patently illegal, what do you expect to occur?
I'm not so sure it's illegal.

Regardless it's wildly popular so the smarter move would have been hopping on board with it.

Definitely smarter than relying on a branch of government whose reputation may already cost you in a couple months to do even more dirty work for you.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 12:02 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm not so sure it's illegal.

Regardless it's wildly popular so the smarter move would have been hopping on board with it.

Definitely smarter than relying on a branch of government whose reputation may already cost you in a couple months to do even more dirty work for you.
Wildly popular?
Maybe among morons who have clue that the weren't cancelled, just re-assigned to taxpayers. Including those students with integrity that already paid off their own loans,

ANYONE who thinks this is a good thing is a blithering idiot.

The Dementia Administration can't even come up with a range of what this will cost.

So my prediction, just the auto companies raised the prices od electric cars to match the handouts set up in the Nothing to do with Inflation Act, tuitions will go up an average of 10 grand soon.

"Get on board with it?" May in N Korea.

There is no upside to this blatant shakedpown. Mucl like Biden's entire life.
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 12:59 AM   #10
OntheRail
Registered User
 
OntheRail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm not so sure it's illegal.

Regardless it's wildly popular so the smarter move would have been hopping on board with it.

Definitely smarter than relying on a branch of government whose reputation may already cost you in a couple months to do even more dirty work for you.
Sure it is by the takers... free shit always is. But for the rest that have been responsible. Not so much.

Dirty work... what this Dirt work you speak of. It mayde dirty work to the lawless left. But adhering to the Constitution is anything but dirty. And it is very much illegal what Joe Briben is attempting to do... the power of the purse lay in congresses hands and theirs alone.

I see an injunction on the horizon... Democratic loved to use them at every turn with Trump.
__________________
Remember To Help Old Friends Thoroughbred Retirement Center.
OntheRail is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 02:04 AM   #11
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Wildly popular?
Maybe among morons who have clue that the weren't cancelled, just re-assigned to taxpayers. Including those students with integrity that already paid off their own loans,

ANYONE who thinks this is a good thing is a blithering idiot.

The Dementia Administration can't even come up with a range of what this will cost.

So my prediction, just the auto companies raised the prices od electric cars to match the handouts set up in the Nothing to do with Inflation Act, tuitions will go up an average of 10 grand soon.

"Get on board with it?" May in N Korea.

There is no upside to this blatant shakedpown. Mucl like Biden's entire life.
How exactly is it passed on to taxpayers?

Genuinely curious how you think this personally impacts you.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 02:20 AM   #12
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by OntheRail View Post
Dirty work... what this Dirt work you speak of. It mayde dirty work to the lawless left. But adhering to the Constitution is anything but dirty. And it is very much illegal what Joe Briben is attempting to do... the power of the purse lay in congresses hands and theirs alone.
This isn't a budgetary item.

So your comment about the purse strings doesn't matter.

Congress doesn't allocate money to student loans like they would for something else like Ukrainian aid for example.

I'm beginning to really question this group's grasp on how finance works.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #13
tucker6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 9,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
How exactly is it passed on to taxpayers?

Genuinely curious how you think this personally impacts you.
You're kidding right?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 07:51 AM   #14
elysiantraveller
Registered User
 
elysiantraveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 14,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
You're kidding right?
Feel free to answer.

I know the answer I'm just curious to see if those complaining do.
__________________
Dumbest timeline confirmed...
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!
 
Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Canandaigua, New york
Posts: 108,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
How exactly is it passed on to taxpayers?

Genuinely curious how you think this personally impacts you.
Maybe $2kaverage.....

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/24/bide...inflation.html
__________________
Who does the Racing Form Detective like in this one?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2022 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.