Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-22-2022, 06:35 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Let them eat EV’s!

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2022...panels-n491406

Slimey
Old 08-22-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

The stupid greenies keep pushing heat pumps, in most cases they will cost people more money on utility bills, utter BS.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2022, 01:14 PM   #3
jimmyb

The green part of the Inflation Reduction Act was supposed to be a job creator. Ford just announced the layoffs of 3000 employees. They have plans to pink slip 8000 more.

As many as 3,000 Ford employees may receive a pink slip this week, as the automotive company announced it plans to cut thousands of jobs to allocate more financial resources to its electric vehicle production. Ford informed employees of the decision in a letter on Monday.
https://www.newsweek.com/ford-announ...hicles-1735754

jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-23-2022, 09:03 PM   #4
tbwinner

I just sold my EV for a small profit and drove it for free for three months. Figured it was about time I take advantage of the system and the $7500 EV credit whereas usually we the taxpayers get screwed to absolute no end.
tbwinner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2022, 10:19 AM   #5
boxcar

Ironic photo of West Virginia coal miners pushing a stranded electric car of tourist goes viral

https://www.theblaze.com/news/coal-m...tric-car-photo

"Irony" hardly describes this situation.

And this EV owner couldn't even get his plastic car towed because the undercarriage was all plastic too! They couldn't pay me enough money to buy that garbage!
Old 09-05-2022, 10:59 AM   #6
boxcar

California Extends ‘Flex Alert,’ Warns Drivers Not to Charge Electric Cars

https://www.theepochtimes.com/califo...dXzU4LV%2Bo%3D

I think Kalifornians might be better off just biting the bullet and going back to the horse and buggy days for their transportation. On second thought, though, do horses fart?
Old 09-05-2022, 11:20 AM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
California Extends ‘Flex Alert,’ Warns Drivers Not to Charge Electric Cars

https://www.theepochtimes.com/califo...dXzU4LV%2Bo%3D

I think Kalifornians might be better off just biting the bullet and going back to the horse and buggy days for their transportation. On second thought, though, do horses fart?

Yes they do, but from my limited experience cow farts are more frequent, of higher volume and wet.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:43 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Yes they do, but from my limited experience cow farts are more frequent, of higher volume and wet.
Okay...so horses fart more safely than cows. Kool!
Old 09-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Okay...so horses fart more safely than cows. Kool!

This is just from personal experience, but I have always valued that and the experience of personal friends and internet comrades or what you want to call them above what politicians and the media tells me.

The last place I owned in So Cal was zoned for livestock. There was a cow pasture on the west border and a horse pasture to the north. Trail horses and horses living out their last years. The cows were always foraging and they ate the leaves off a tree of mine that hung over the short wire fence.

As long as you didn't move too fast you could get close enough to touch them and they would look right at you and take huge dumps or cut loud spraying farts some times right on the other cows. I would definitely stay away from the back end of one of them.

The local grocery store used to sell horse carrots, they were just visible rejects in 25 pound bags. My shop backed up to their pasture so I would pass out 5 pounds of carrots or so every morning. Rarely did I hear a horse fart while passing out carrots. I did not take long for them to hurry to the fence when I went outside the shop. I almost did not want to go outside if the carrot supply was gone, I felt guilty. It could be the horses just had more class than the cows they weren't going to drop ass bombs around someone passing out treats.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 09-05-2022 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:06 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
This is just from personal experience, but I have always valued that and the experience of personal friends and internet comrades or what you want to call them above what politicians and the media tells me.

The last place I owned in So Cal was zoned for livestock. There was a cow pasture on the west border and a horse pasture to the north. Trail horses and horses living out their last years. The cows were always foraging and they ate the leaves off a tree of mine that hung over the short wire fence.

As long as you didn't move too fast you could get close enough to touch them and they would look right at you and take huge dumps or cut loud spraying farts some times right on the other cows. I would definitely stay away from the back end of one of them.

The local grocery store used to sell horse carrots, they were just visible rejects in 25 pound bags. My shop backed up to their pasture so I would pass out 5 pounds of carrots or so every morning. Rarely did I hear a horse fart while passing out carrots. I did not take long for them to hurry to the fence when I went outside the shop. I almost did not want to go outside if the carrot supply was gone, I felt guilty. It could be the horses just had more class than the cows they weren't going to drop ass bombs around someone passing out treats.
Then someone needs to put a bug in the ear of Gruesome Newsome so that he can hurry up and save the planet with horsies and buggies. It won't matter if he does it at the expense of millions of jobs across many different automobile-related industries. He can always raise the taxes to some obscene rate on the remaining workers in his state to make up for the shortfall of tax revenue.
Old 09-24-2022, 08:05 AM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Old 09-24-2022, 08:30 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
We are really a dumb country...in addition to being a dead one...lol
Old 09-25-2022, 07:18 AM   #13
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
We are really a dumb country...in addition to being a dead one...lol
What else could we expect with our current two-party system: The Republicans being the Party of Stupid and the Democrats the Party of Evil? An unholy matrimony, made in the pit of hell, if there ever was one.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:20 AM   #14
davew

charging station problem may be solved with charging roads ... plate under car accepts energy. Not sure if people or animals can walk on road.

Next step needs to be making the road with solar panels to lower the need for coal generated electricity....

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2023, 06:21 AM   #15
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
charging station problem may be solved with charging roads ... plate under car accepts energy. Not sure if people or animals can walk on road.

Next step needs to be making the road with solar panels to lower the need for coal generated electricity....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aFP39yeW5Q&t=85s
Even if safe, induction would be very inefficient.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: