Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 02-26-2022, 02:25 AM   #1
boys at tosconova

the rebel

holy crap,

can't believe this group of horses will be running for 1 million.

baffert by default..lol i still think the horse needs a big improvement to even mean anything. but the competition is lacking. and if this horse comes up short you could see a big number here.

after baffert a lot of these horses seem evenly matched..and imo may not me that much slower.

have to say i like ben diesel and stellar tap. if he price is right. even the longshot texas redhot has a couple of interesting races that are par and if not better than many of these.

barber road ran a good 2nd to baffert. i wonder if he just might leave in here.

plz tell wtf was james chapman thinking putting kavod into a 50 claimer. can you imagine telling the owner i want to do this and subsequently have the horse run much better after being taken away. the horse looks like fighter as well and didn't run poorly with these and now is racing for 1 million.

congrats james chapman for being that guy

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-26-2022 at 02:26 AM.
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2022, 02:55 AM   #2
boys at tosconova

how about a triple key

2/1678

and hope that the 1 hits the board for a 150 triple. lol

i want to put the 7 on top as well. horse has to leave the gate in this race

maybe the 9 for 3rd on the ticket as well.

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-26-2022 at 02:56 AM.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:35 AM   #3
boys at tosconova

both ethereal road and chasing times last races were both visually spectacular.

ethereal roads race was cross between donnaguska and mine that bird. and chasing time looked great winning on the track. horse just looked the part of something special

while the races were slow it's hard to fool your eyes.

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-26-2022 at 04:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:01 AM   #4
boys at tosconova

he more i keep looking at this race the more shameful it gets. really. this is a million dollar race?

most of the time you see highly graded races like this you have several unbeaten horses hoping to take another step and the unknowing is like drinking from eternal springs. but here you have more or less a bunch of "knowing's"

i want to make a case for the 1 even more. the horse isn't losing by much to these. the horse fights and is a mover and if he can conserve some energy those 4ths will be at least a 3rd. he really hasn't collapsed vs these.

i also think the 7 might be the fastest horse in the race

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-26-2022 at 05:03 AM.
Old 02-26-2022, 05:33 AM   #5
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
he more i keep looking at this race the more shameful it gets. really. this is a million dollar race?

most of the time you see highly graded races like this you have several unbeaten horses hoping to take another step and the unknowing is like drinking from eternal springs. but here you have more or less a bunch of "knowing's"

i want to make a case for the 1 even more. the horse isn't losing by much to these. the horse fights and is a mover and if he can conserve some energy those 4ths will be at least a 3rd. he really hasn't collapsed vs these.

i also think the 7 might be the fastest horse in the race
Has been a really solid race this century with winners like Smarty Jones, Lawyer Ron, Curlin, Lookin at Lucky, Will Take Charge, American Pharoah, Cupid, and Omaha Beach.

Baffert owns this race with 8 wins since 2010.

A horse or two that ran in the Risen Star last weekend probably should have ran here.

Seems to be some cheap speed so I'll stab at the Un Ojo and Texas Red Hot.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2022, 10:19 AM   #6
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Has been a really solid race this century with winners like Smarty Jones, Lawyer Ron, Curlin, Lookin at Lucky, Will Take Charge, American Pharoah, Cupid, and Omaha Beach.
Cupid stands out like a sore thumb amongst those.

Edit: "You shoulda used Victory Gallop, Pine Bluff, Sunny's Halo, or Temperence Hill, at least they won a classic." This is all a FAIL.

Gotta get into the 21st century.

Last edited by Spalding No!; 02-26-2022 at 10:27 AM.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2022, 10:39 AM   #7
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Cupid stands out like a sore thumb amongst those.

Edit: "You shoulda used Victory Gallop, Pine Bluff, Sunny's Halo, or Temperence Hill, at least they won a classic." This is all a FAIL.

Gotta get into the 21st century.
Great horses, all, but they didn't run in the 2000's.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #8
Robert Fischer
clean money

Looks like Newgrange can track Kavod at will.

Not a big Newgrange fan, but he's not a horrible vulnerable favorite here, even if arguably a bit underlayed.

While i'm not betting this one, several closers caught my eye. Interested if any run well

Un Ojo - strong gallop outs, improved every start. Unlikely winner could get a spot underneath if all goes well. Interesting

Barber Road - more of a contender, speed figs solid, hot barn another game stretch runner.

Ethereal Road - Impressive deep close Maiden Win. Everyone likes this one.
Old 02-26-2022, 03:17 PM   #9
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Looks like Newgrange can track Kavod at will.

Not a big Newgrange fan, but he's not a horrible vulnerable favorite here, even if arguably a bit underlayed.

While i'm not betting this one, several closers caught my eye. Interested if any run well

Un Ojo - strong gallop outs, improved every start. Unlikely winner could get a spot underneath if all goes well. Interesting

Barber Road - more of a contender, speed figs solid, hot barn another game stretch runner.

Ethereal Road - Impressive deep close Maiden Win. Everyone likes this one.
no doubt. baffert owns the race and his horses always improve. it's hard to look past being that he beat them and his horses get better.

i think barber road might have a bigger say if he's up closer. if he's too far back there's always the potential for trouble/problems. the 9 along with the 7 are the only two horses i give a chance to potentially win the race. and if the 9 gets away in the back far away from the lead he likely isn't winning

however, if baffert runs away and hides, wins by 5L or possibly more the 9 should automatically be 2nd/3rd.

you could see a scenario where baffert buries the 1/7/8 and they're toast. this scenario opens up the door for many a non figure to hit the board. runaway winners always bring bombs. if you like those 3 closers i would put them under him in a triple key for coffee money

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-26-2022 at 03:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:05 PM   #10
boys at tosconova

since you're not playing it. i'll play it.

cost is pittle. it's worth the extra juice it will give the ticket if it hits

2/4-9-10

if i think the 7/9 are the only other two horses that can beat baffert a 7-9/2/all triple should be in order.

i would love to put baffert 3rd but i might cry if i lose and only part wheel instead of all to save money. so i prolly won't do it.

if bafferts wins big. seems like a 2/all/9 and 2/9/all triple is a given

Last edited by boys at tosconova; 02-26-2022 at 04:13 PM.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:16 PM   #11
boys at tosconova

2/1678

7/1268

2/4910

2/9/all
2/all/9

79/2/all
Old 02-26-2022, 04:25 PM   #12
boys at tosconova

ethereal road fans.

donnaguska breaking her maiden. impossible win until you see it went 112 change. still looks great to the eyes.

pretty sure this horse went on to win over 100k

Old 02-26-2022, 04:47 PM   #13
MarylandMan

plz tell wtf was james chapman thinking putting kavod into a 50 claimer. can you imagine telling the owner i want to do this and subsequently have the horse run much better after being taken away. the horse looks like fighter as well and didn't run poorly with these and now is racing for 1 million.

congrats james chapman for being that guy[
/QUOTE]

Haha thinking the same thing...insane, but doesn't surpise me from a .08% trainer. And imagine James and Mike's wives in November? "You guys bought a WHAT for $50,000?!" And here we are a few months later, sitting on over $100,000 in profit on that buy with a small chance to collect another check on a million dollar purse. Good for them.
MarylandMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-26-2022, 04:52 PM   #14
boys at tosconova

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan View Post

congrats james chapman for being that guy[
/QUOTE]

Haha thinking the same thing...insane, but doesn't surpise me from a .08% trainer. And imagine James and Mike's wives in November? "You guys bought a WHAT for $50,000?!" And here we are a few months later, sitting on over $100,000 in profit on that buy with a small chance to collect another check on a million dollar purse. Good for them.
it was a bone headed move. imagine being an owner and listening to this clown

yeah, he was losing by open lengths. but it was to GRADED competition.

the horses race trajectory looks awful as well under this trainer. the "throw him into claimers" is even worse than running him in turf sprints/dirt/ than turf route races. all of it was clueless guesses
Old 02-26-2022, 05:03 PM   #15
MarylandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys at tosconova View Post
it was a bone headed move. imagine being an owner and listening to this clown

yeah, he was losing by open lengths. but it was to GRADED competition.

the horses race trajectory looks awful as well under this trainer. the "throw him into claimers" is even worse than running him in turf sprints/dirt/ than turf route races. all of it was clueless guesses
Chapman owned half of that horse so what that says about his judgement says it all.
MarylandMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: