Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #61
lamboguy

is Finger Lakes still owned by Jeremy Jacobs and Delaware North Corporation?

if it is, its pretty surprising that they came after him too.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 12:25 PM   #62
BIGTKLO

Yes we are still owned by Delaware North. Yesterday was a tough day for all of the existing Racino's. New York let us know how they feel about all of the smaller venues. I watched the telecast live and had a good feeling going in, but that changed in a hurry. The board discussed how they took in all considerations especially the impact of existing gaming facilities. That trully applied only to the Catskills region. Tony Calo, announcer at Finger Lakes. Time to think about my future, WELCOME TO MACDONALDS WOULD YOU LIKE THAT SUPER SIZED.
BIGTKLO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 12:49 PM   #63
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTKLO
Yes we are still owned by Delaware North. Yesterday was a tough day for all of the existing Racino's. New York let us know how they feel about all of the smaller venues. I watched the telecast live and had a good feeling going in, but that changed in a hurry. The board discussed how they took in all considerations especially the impact of existing gaming facilities. That trully applied only to the Catskills region. Tony Calo, announcer at Finger Lakes. Time to think about my future, WELCOME TO MACDONALDS WOULD YOU LIKE THAT SUPER SIZED.
nice to see you, i hope that Delaware North can stick it to them some how.

as a horseman that has been dealing with the New York Bred program for a very long time, this would be a big blow to us and the program.

the states are making a big mistake putting their eggs behind the slot machines. its a non productive industry and i have seen it go bad before, now it looks like its getting over saturated. i am confident that horse racing will come back some day, and they do put a lot of people to work that pay taxes.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:52 PM   #64
BIGTKLO

Very true Lamboguy, not all of the NY breds can run at the big tracks. It will all work itself out.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #65
bello
Veteran

Tony, I never thought Ross Morton could be replaced, but you do a great job. I another thread where they were discussing Tom Durkin leaving, I mentioned you should be considered for the NYRA job. No offense to others, but I still feel like you would have been a great addition downstate.

Hoping FLRC finds a way to survive. Quality of life still great there and as a fan and bettor my preferences lie with the hard hitting performers at the minor tracks.

I hope things work out for all.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #66
BIGTKLO

Hey Bello thank you very much for the compliments. I have been following racing since I was 10 years old. My father introduced me to this great game, and it's been in the blood ever since. I love a being a race caller, and after yesterday I can promise one thing for sure that every day I am blessed to be on the mic I will be giving it my all.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #67
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
Tony, I never thought Ross Morton could be replaced, but you do a great job. I another thread where they were discussing Tom Durkin leaving, I mentioned you should be considered for the NYRA job. No offense to others, but I still feel like you would have been a great addition downstate.

Hoping FLRC finds a way to survive. Quality of life still great there and as a fan and bettor my preferences lie with the hard hitting performers at the minor tracks.

i wish the whole game of horse racing was as professional as all the announcer's in the game. that is one facet of the game that does not need mending.

Tony K give's the most descriptive call of a horse race of all time. if he tells you that your horse is covered up you know you are in big trouble. -
Old 12-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #68
BIGTKLO

Right on Lamboguy. I love catching horses make runs. I feel it is my strength. Now I just wish I could bet at the 1/4 pole then I'd be in business. LOL
Old 12-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #69
FantasticDan
gelding

Great to see you here, Mr. Calo.. you've earned a lot of rave reviews in this forum over the years.. here's just one thread..

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=70772

FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #70
BIGTKLO

Thanks Dan. I have been a fan of pace advantage for quite some time. I am a very private person. I'm always checking in on PA behind the scenes.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #71
thespaah

Quote:
Thanks Dan. I have been a fan of pace advantage for quite some time. I am a very private person. I'm always checking in on PA behind the scenes.
I'm optimistic that most of the slots players and of course horseplayers at FL are those who are connected to the track because it is in their comfort zone.
Perhaps the new venue will siphon off some FL business, those looking for table games action, but I believe gamblers to be creatures of habit. That said, I believe FL's regular customers will stick around.
The pressure is on the FL maangement to keep them coming back.
Good luck to you. Hopefully you'll be calling races at FL for years to come.
BTW, Thanks for posting here at PA.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #72
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:

I love...." make the horse's name up COMPLETES THE KIIIIIIILLLLLERRR CROSSOOOOVVVEEEEERR"

and of course: "so and so completes the SUPERRRRRRFECTAAAA"

hope it somehow works out for FL and you sir
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #73
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello

TONY IS SOOO much better than Mr. Boring Larry colmus. If anyone else had the 'wife' call , like Tony, they would've done so much more with that opportunity.

And theeeeerrrrrrreee they goooooooooo , love him!

Tony should be calling NYRA not fall asleep colmus who just yells irrelevant words
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #74
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Tony, glad to see you here.
You have done a great job filling Ross's shoes.
I hope things turn out good at the "thumb."
Been going there since the Beatles did Sullivan!
Old 12-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #75
BIGTKLO

Thanks EMD4ME for the great compliments. I personally think NYRA made the right choice with Larry. Maybe John Dooley deserved a chance being a native New Yorker. I'm a ham n egger a good cheap horse announcer.