Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #196
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Dan, TV commercials now airing about the situation. I caught one the other night.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-raci...ort?source=rss

The whole deal under the protection of the Cuomo Crime Family, out to kill jobs and destroy families just so baby-mario can continue his fathers legacy of getting rich while his constituents suffer.
Two biggest crooks in NY are Cuomo and Deblasio
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #197
FantasticDan
gelding

I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge the recent loss of two longtime Finger Lakes runners, both of whom were euthanized on track in the last 10 days

Sweet Hot Toddy, 9yo M, 75 starts (69 at FL) 13-16-8, earner of $240K.

Futurazo, 10yo G, 85 starts (51 at FL), 17-21-8, earner of $300K.

Thank you for giving everything you had to this sport.
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 03:36 PM   #198
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge the recent loss of two longtime Finger Lakes runners, both of whom were euthanized on track in the last 10 days

Big fan of futarazo. Didn't know he passed away.
Big Peps is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #199
fiznow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan

Very sad news indeed. I was following Futurazo. RIP
Old 07-16-2016, 08:55 AM   #200
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiznow
Very sad news indeed. I was following Futurazo. RIP
They really need to look harder into the trainer of record his horses are being vanned off or pulled up at an alarming rate. I follow the action there pretty closely. He's got the right last name though so I highly doubt much will ever come of it. amazing how gifted he is claiming and moving up as well. As Coach K would say " Amazing" It's a shame

Last edited by Big Peps; 07-16-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 03:21 AM   #201
Redbullsnation
THEY SEND IN THE MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Two biggest crooks in NY are Cuomo and Deblasio
This...
Old 09-06-2016, 06:53 PM   #202
FantasticDan
gelding

Given this thread's title, today's results just had to be posted

Final odds of winners today:
Races
1) 0.70
2) 0.90
3) 0.65
4) 0.40
5) 1.65
6) 1.40
7) 0.20
8) 4.30 (0.80 2nd )
9) 0.65

Bleahhh
Old 09-06-2016, 06:59 PM   #203
pele polo

Don't see that everyday

Lotta ways one can spin this, I don't play FL, but I'm more inclined to be positive about it.

Small fields
Uncompetitive racing

Or

Clean racing
Formful
A lot of churn
Old 09-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #204
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pele polo
Don't see that everyday

Lotta ways one can spin this, I don't play FL, but I'm more inclined to be positive about it.

Small fields
Uncompetitive racing

Or

Clean racing
Formful
A lot of churn

Didn't look at any the races but I'm sure it was a whole lot of Englehart, Ferraro, and probably a Linda Rice dropper... Sounds about right. Engleharts just beat people up over there, it's a joke.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:20 PM   #205
bello
Veteran

Been a huge fan since the early 70s and for the first time I added FL to my no bet list.

THIS IS NOT AN ACCUSATION BUT A PERCEPTION

I am simply not comfortable when there families that take part in so many races.

In any given race you can and often do have three Engleharts Chris, Jeremiah and Jeffrey with horses in a race. And on top of that you have them often having uncoupled entries. Add the Ferraros in and it is truly a family affair.

And all five of these guys can train better than most of the rest there. plus they get discards from some top NYRA owners. Very hard to get a price and then when you get sucked in to bet a NYRA shipper at short odds, it will only have three legs and finish last.. This was an awful year for me at FL and I hung up the reins about a month ago. Stopped even looking.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 07:26 PM   #206
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
Been a huge fan since the early 70s and for the first time I added FL to my no bet list.

THIS IS NOT AN ACCUSATION BUT A PERCEPTION

I am simply not comfortable when there families that take part in so many races.

In any given race you can and often do have three Engleharts Chris, Jeremiah and Jeffrey with horses in a race. And on top of that you have them often having uncoupled entries. Add the Ferraros in and it is truly a family affair.

And all five of these guys can train better than most of the rest there. plus they get discards from some top NYRA owners. Very hard to get a price and then when you get sucked in to bet a NYRA shipper at short odds, it will only have three legs and finish last.. This was an awful year for me at FL and I hung up the reins about a month ago. Stopped even looking.
You beat me by 30 seconds, it's a freaking joke, and now you have Jeff Englehart over there this year, makes it impossible and not enjoyable to bet. 3/4 of his horses he owns part of himself.. I've seen some crazy stuff over there this year, 75% of the horses are trained or owned by 2 families. Don't see the track being around much longer regardless

Last edited by Big Peps; 09-06-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #207
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Peps
You beat me by 30 seconds, it's a freaking joke, and now you have Jeff Englehart over there this year, makes it impossible and not enjoyable to bet. 3/4 of his horses he owns part of himself.. I've seen some crazy stuff over there this year, 75% of the horses are trained or owned by 2 families. Don't see the track being around much longer regardless
Yikes.
Englehart, D'Alesandro, Barrow, Ferraro, Anderson....They win everything.
On one race the three Engleharts had three of the six entrants. Fin 1,2,4...
In another race Bruce Anderson fin 1,3 while Paul Barrow fin 2.4...
The thing is there was almost $1 million bet on 9 races today.
I guess there is something for every type of bettor out there..
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2016, 08:46 PM   #208
Big Peps

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaah
Yikes.
Englehart, D'Alesandro, Barrow, Ferraro, Anderson....They win everything.
On one race the three Engleharts had three of the six entrants. Fin 1,2,4...
In another race Bruce Anderson fin 1,3 while Paul Barrow fin 2.4...
The thing is there was almost $1 million bet on 9 races today.
I guess there is something for every type of bettor out there..
Typical day, actually surprised that Englehart and Ferraro only won 5 of 9... Would have thought 7 of 9. Paul Barrow has some nicer horses at finger Lakes. Saratoga Giro and crackerjack..

Charlie baker in my opinion is best trainer at the track..but he doesn't race nearly as much at finger lakes as he did a few years ago, which is good for him, he's really done well on NYRA circuit past couple of years. Love his horse, joking that he claimed couple years ago..
Old 09-10-2016, 04:01 PM   #209
FantasticDan
gelding

Tony Calo, if you're out there, could you maybe have a word with someone who runs FL's website production of the race day? I have both the website video player and my computer's sound turned up to 100%, and I can still barely hear your race calls (and I am not hard of hearing). Trying to hear Dave Mattice is even more difficult. This has been a problem for a long time, and someone on FL's end needs to pump up the volume..

I know it's not on my end, cuz at 100%, my computer volume blows me out of my chair on other sites..
Old 09-10-2016, 06:22 PM   #210
BIGTKLO

Dan, I told them in May. It's a joke. Roberts Communications says everything is fine on their end and my video department leader says everything is fine on our end. I am so annoyed that it has not been rectified and here I am still dealing with it. I truly apologize. I could go off many fronts but I'll just keep it all to myself. Our racing secretary has resigned effective as of the end of the season. Bill Couch has been good for Finger Lakes, but even he has pulled a Roberto Duran.
BIGTKLO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: