Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-06-2021, 10:56 AM   #46
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mileto7Fcutback View Post
Well he's not booted (he was, but whatever). So you don't really know if he's here and not posting.

So as the honorable religious guy that you are, why haven't you honored the bet?
If he was here, he'd be posting. But...if he became a staunch lurker, then this tells me he doesn't want to collect on his bet. Why would he not come forward with just one post to tell us he's here?
Old 12-06-2021, 11:05 AM   #47
1mileto7Fcutback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
If he was here, he'd be posting. But...if he became a staunch lurker, then this tells me he doesn't want to collect on his bet. Why would he not come forward with just one post to tell us he's here?
Why does it matter?

You made a bet and didn't own up to your bet after losing. Whatever nonsense you come up with for not honoring it is just you trying to deceive everyone.

And you questioned me when I said you deliberately deceive. Ha!
1mileto7Fcutback is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 11:23 AM   #48
boxcar

Quote:
Why does it matter?

You made a bet and didn't own up to your bet after losing. Whatever nonsense you come up with for not honoring it is just you trying to deceive everyone.

And you questioned me when I said you deliberately deceive. Ha!
Why does it matter: Because my bet was Hcap, not with everyone on this forum.

Let's use this simple analogy; perhaps your brain might be able to process it correctly. Let's say I'm at a sports bar and I strike up a conversation with some guy next to me who happens to be a fan of the team that is opposing mine, and we make a little bet that my team will win and cover the point spread. So, we make a friendly little bet of $100. and shake hands on it.

Very late in the game, the guy "disappears" -- presumably to the little boys' room since he's been belting them down pretty good. The game ends before he makes it back. I lost. So...I'm looking around for this guy to pay him off, but he's nowhere to be found. I know his first name, so I go into the restroom looking for him, calling out his name but no response. So... to whom do I pay my debt? Maybe I should just tack it to a bulletin board with a little note, hoping the right guy will find it? What if I stayed in the bar until closing time, hoping the guy would reappear? But he doesn't. Should I then call the police and give them a description of the guy and file a missing person's report?
Old 12-06-2021, 11:28 AM   #49
1mileto7Fcutback
Veteran

Quote:
Why does it matter: Because my bet was Hcap, not with everyone on this forum.

Let's use this simple analogy; perhaps your brain might be able to process it correctly. Let's say I'm at a sports bar and I strike up a conversation with some guy next to me who happens to be a fan of the team that is opposing mine, and we make a little bet that my team will win and cover the point spread. So, we make a friendly little bet of $100. and shake hands on it.

Very late in the game, the guy "disappears" -- presumably to the little boys' room since he's been belting them down pretty good. The game ends before he makes it back. I lost. So...I'm looking around for this guy to pay him off, but he's nowhere to be found. I know his first name, so I go into the restroom looking for him, calling out his name but no response. So... to whom do I pay my debt? Maybe I should just tack it to a bulletin board with a little note, hoping the right guy will find it? What if I stayed in the bar until closing time, hoping the guy would reappear? But he doesn't. Should I then call the police and give them a description of the guy and file a missing person's report?

What a terrible analogy, but it is amusing to watch you squirm. You didn't bet money. You know that.

When I bet Bigmack election results he left. He had integrity. You have none. You pretend to be religious but you're a morally bankrupt fraud.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:55 AM   #50
Marshall Bennett

Perhaps he thinks he's banned and just hasn't been back. Why read posts when you can't respond, may be his thinking.
His presence helped diversify the board, regardless of his twisted views on a lot of stuff. I'd swap him out for Mosty any day of the week.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 11:58 AM   #51
boxcar

Quote:
What a terrible analogy, but it is amusing to watch you squirm. You didn't bet money. You know that.

When I bet Bigmack election results he left. He had integrity. You have none. You pretend to be religious but you're a morally bankrupt fraud.
Of what the medium of the wager was in either case is NOT the issue. The issue is the wager itself, so the analogy is spot-on.

What Bigmack did is of no concern to me. But as I recall, he volunteered to leave if his man didn't win. He did not make a wager with any one particular person per se, as I recall.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:11 PM   #52
1mileto7Fcutback
Veteran

Quote:
Of what the medium of the wager was in either case is NOT the issue. The issue is the wager itself, so the analogy is spot-on.

What Bigmack did is of no concern to me. But as I recall, he volunteered to leave if his man didn't win. He did not make a wager with any one particular person per se, as I recall.
Nope...you're wrong, as usual.

You agreed to leave if Trump lost, Hcap was to leave if Biden lost.

Trump lost...you stayed.

No amount of your fraudulent deception will change that.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:21 PM   #53
boxcar

Quote:
Nope...you're wrong, as usual.

You agreed to leave if Trump lost, Hcap was to leave if Biden lost.

Trump lost...you stayed.

No amount of your fraudulent deception will change that.
I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it.

And besides...Hcap did leave BEFORE January 6th. Maybe he got a a conscience and did the honorable thing because he knew that the dimwits stole the election, so he just bowed out.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:28 PM   #54
1mileto7Fcutback
Veteran

Quote:
I can explain it to you, but I can't make you understand it.

And besides...Hcap did leave BEFORE January 6th. Maybe he got a a conscience and did the honorable thing because he knew that the dimwits stole the election, so he just bowed out.
I like your weird tick where you post that coffee emoji when you're caught lying.

Old 12-06-2021, 12:39 PM   #55
boxcar

Quote:
I like your weird tick where you post that coffee emoji when you're caught lying.

Doesn't take much to float your little boat.
Old 12-06-2021, 01:49 PM   #56
Inner Dirt

Whomever got rid of HCAP, you have my dearest thanks. It was getting into it with him that got me a bunch of timeouts so I went away for a couple years.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 02:17 PM   #57
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Whomever got rid of HCAP, you have my dearest thanks. It was getting into it with him that got me a bunch of timeouts so I went away for a couple years.
Hcap was his own worst enemy. I have little doubt that he taxed PA's patience by letting his mouth run ahead of his brain one too many times -- and this time with the owner of this place. Now...he won't come back because he has gone off into some corner somewhere pouting and licking his wounds, trying to treat his persecution complex.

Hcap is a quintessential example of someone who falls victim to himself.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #58
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I like to think his head exploded.

Or maybe they finally came and took him away. Ha ha.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:42 PM   #59
1mileto7Fcutback
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I like to think his head exploded.

Or maybe they finally came and took him away. Ha ha.
Tom, even though we have had our differences, I'd like to think you're a stand up guy.

How do you feel about people who make a bet, lose and then do not follow through with what the payoff should be on their bet?
Old 12-06-2021, 03:13 PM   #60
boxcar

Quote:
Tom, even though we have had our differences, I'd like to think you're a stand up guy.
Except when he's sitting on his throne or in front of his keyboard.

Quote:
How do you feel about people who make a bet, lose and then do not follow through with what the payoff should be on their bet?
Now, get a mirror, look into it and ask: How do I really feel about people who are hopelessly stuck on stupid?