Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-04-2021, 02:51 PM   #1
bisket

Tripoli in the Classic

Medina Spirit takes himself out of the race running with Knicks Go the first mile. Knicks Go fades out of it while Medina Spirit hangs for a spot in the exotics due to Hail To Reason, Roberto, and Dynaformer influence. Who's gonna pick up the pieces? Conventional wisdom says Essential Quality. I don't like that he mailed in the entire fall season working in the mornings. It's evident they had their peddle to the metal spring and summer, and they're hoping he can recover to best form off a 2 month break? maybe in allowance company.... Filling out the exacta, trifecta, and super will be a raceday decision. Tripoli won the Pac Classic at Saturdays likely pace, and likes Del Mar.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2021, 10:57 PM   #2
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Medina Spirit takes himself out of the race running with Knicks Go the first mile. Knicks Go fades out of it while Medina Spirit hangs for a spot in the exotics due to Hail To Reason, Roberto, and Dynaformer influence. Who's gonna pick up the pieces? Conventional wisdom says Essential Quality. I don't like that he mailed in the entire fall season working in the mornings. It's evident they had their peddle to the metal spring and summer, and they're hoping he can recover to best form off a 2 month break? maybe in allowance company.... Filling out the exacta, trifecta, and super will be a raceday decision. Tripoli won the Pac Classic at Saturdays likely pace, and likes Del Mar.
Never liked horses traveling to California who have never raced there. I think Hot Rod Charlie wins this in dominating fashion with Exclusive Quality and Medina Spirit in the super along with Tripoli.
Old 11-05-2021, 11:52 PM   #3
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Never liked horses traveling to California who have never raced there.
Like Twilight Gleaming, Echo Zulu, Pizza Bianca, Modern Games and/or Tiz the Bomb?
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 01:32 AM   #4
GMB@BP

You bet Sadler and Hronis at Del Mar....just not in November.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 11:06 AM   #5
bisket

Compare the pace in the Pac Classic to Medina Spirit and Knicks Go first mile. Tripoli gets the race he likes.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:29 AM   #6
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Compare the pace in the Pac Classic to Medina Spirit and Knicks Go first mile. Tripoli gets the race he likes.
I don't think Tripoli is good enough to win, but he was way against the track bias last time in my opinion.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #7
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I don't think Tripoli is good enough to win, but he was way against the track bias last time in my opinion.
Wesley Ward and Mike Maker are with me. Kittens Joy has Classic winner they get paid I like that Tripoli has a race over the track. If the race plays out the way I think, the money will be on Essential Quality and Hot Rod Charlie. Exacta will pays will decide how a wager it.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:24 PM   #8
Valuist

I took Tripoli at +115 to beat Art Collector in a H2H wager. I don't see Art Collector with much chance at hanging around in this race, while Tripoli may have a shot to crash the tri and/or super.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 07:29 PM   #9
dilanesp

I think the race sets up for Essential Quality, who is also the best dirt router I have seen this year.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 07:44 PM   #10
bisket

Analyzing all the races on dirt I think it's a given that Medina Spirit and Knicks Go pretty much eliminate themselves. Unless jocks compensate
Old 11-07-2021, 09:25 AM   #11
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
I took Tripoli at +115 to beat Art Collector in a H2H wager. I don't see Art Collector with much chance at hanging around in this race, while Tripoli may have a shot to crash the tri and/or super.
I'm glad I didn't see that bet before the race because I would have made the same one for the same reason. I liked Art Collector from early in his career, but he had no chance to chase Knicks Go, try to challenge, and still finish at 10F. Unfortunately for you Tripoli didn't do much running late.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: