Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-06-2021, 02:24 PM   #16
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaro123 View Post
Well the pitchforks are out for Baffert. Sometimes something is what it is and nothing more. When I saw this news I screamed and broke down sobbing. This horse was just wonderful, so game and beautiful to boot. People are just ignorant- at least wait for information from the necropsy before slinging arrows to BB. Rest in peace beautiful horse.
How much smoke do you need before you call the fire department?

You Fans of Barbaro are way, way too emotional to lay down a clear thought.
Mr_Ed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 02:29 PM   #17
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaro123 View Post
Well the pitchforks are out for Baffert. Sometimes something is what it is and nothing more. When I saw this news I screamed and broke down sobbing. This horse was just wonderful, so game and beautiful to boot. People are just ignorant- at least wait for information from the necropsy before slinging arrows to BB. Rest in peace beautiful horse.

If we played connect the dots with the bad things that have happened around Baffert in recent years we'd never finish, there are too many dots.

He needs to be set down in a corner and forced to tell with a straight face just WTF is going on here.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 03:00 PM   #18
exactatom

The ones that should be forced to tell the truth are the California and Arkansas Racing Commissions. They continuously let BB get away with things. How do these people sleep at night?
exactatom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #19
lex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mileto7Fcutback View Post
Feel bad for the horse.

Poor Baffert can't catch a break.
Yes that is definitely Baffert's problem. If only the poor guy could get a break.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 03:44 PM   #20
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed View Post
How much smoke do you need before you call the fire department?

You Fans of Barbaro are way, way too emotional to lay down a clear thought.
We all know that bob is a juicer, just like assmussen, servis, lake, navvaro, Oscar b from way back etc.

Got caught, hired high price mouthpieces to claim it was in the ointment.

Injected MS joint and it didn’t clear. End of story.

Too bad for the horse. Owners, steer clear of baffert.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 04:13 PM   #21
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

78 horses dead in 21 years, and another 50 that have no leads on what happened to them. Why do people continue to vehemently defend him? There is a reason why many of us are skeptical. It is just a sad ending for a horse that didn't deserve his fate. I feel worse for his breeder.

Now that Medina Spirit's stud value has completely evaporated, I wonder if the KRHC and CD will pursue further action to keep Baffert out completely?
Old 12-06-2021, 04:21 PM   #22
Inner Dirt

How many previously healthy pleasure horses drop dead at young ages out of the blue after a run? There obviously aren't any stats on that, but I am venturing a guess this happens a lot more frequently with race horses. We all know cheaters with deep pockets and connections can usually stay ahead of those trying to catch them. My favorite example has two legs, Barry Bonds, he never failed a drug test.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 04:36 PM   #23
horsefan2019

Story made the news near the top of the headlines today....so probably not a good thing for the Sport of Kings.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 05:07 PM   #24
Psychotic Parakeet
Sartin Methodology Fan

Apparently, there is a video of what occurred. From reading what someone said about it, his rider pulled him up immediately after the work, rider dismounted, Medina Spirit just lied down, and that was the end. Sounds like a rupture from the behavior, but I'm not a veterinarian.
Old 12-06-2021, 05:10 PM   #25
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotic Parakeet View Post
Apparently, there is a video of what occurred. From reading what someone said about it, his rider pulled him up immediately after the work, rider dismounted, Medina Spirit just lied down, and that was the end. Sounds like a rupture from the behavior, but I'm not a veterinarian.
I had been trying to locate video of it. It was bound to exist- the workouts of top horses at Santa Anita are always recorded.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 05:13 PM   #26
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
...horses drop dead at young ages out of the blue after a run? There obviously aren't any stats on that, but I am venturing a guess this happens a lot more frequently with race horses. We all know cheaters with deep pockets and connections can usually stay ahead of those trying to catch them. My favorite example has two legs, Barry Bonds, he never failed a drug test.

Swale, for one, who parallels Medina Spirit quite a bit now.

Surely they should've gotten rid of Woody Stephens in the midst of his 5 consecutive Belmont wins. He must've been cheating.
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 05:14 PM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Last edited by cj; 12-06-2021 at 05:15 PM.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 05:28 PM   #28
GMB@BP

This is a racing problem, not only a Baffert problem. But if it makes everyone feel better about the sport we can pretend its a Baffert problem.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 05:43 PM   #29
horsefan2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
This is a racing problem, not only a Baffert problem. But if it makes everyone feel better about the sport we can pretend its a Baffert problem.
Unfortunately, the way its going I can see the heavy hand of the federal government coming into to regulate the sport because the people inside refuse to correct and penalize some bad actors in the sport.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2021, 05:46 PM   #30
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Yeah, trying to remember all those other Derby winners that dropped dead at 3 after a workout from other trainers. Getting old sucks, memory isn't what it used to be.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: