Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-06-2021, 01:36 PM   #16
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I mean if it gets overturned in court it could happen, but that is about it. And it isn't likely to succeed in court.

I don't think that horse will wind up being some great 3yo, we'll see though. But the Derby will be the Derby. My guess is they'll actually change barns to another trainer.
Right now it's fifty fifty Corniche is miler or classic runner. He also needs to make it through the winter without injury. I just don't see Churchill watering down their best race out of spite. I also don't see an owner giving Baffert the horse in the first place if they're planning to move the horse to another barn when it progresses to a Derby contender. I think the owners who were going to leave have already left.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #17
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Right now it's fifty fifty Corniche is miler or classic runner. He also needs to make it through the winter without injury. I just don't see Churchill watering down their best race out of spite. I also don't see an owner giving Baffert the horse in the first place if they're planning to move the horse to another barn when it progresses to a Derby contender. I think the owners who were going to leave have already left.
CDI is all about their brand. With Gamine's DQ from the Oaks in 2020 for a positive (which she lost) and with all the post-Derby news in 2021 centering around Medina Spirit's positive, Churchill feels that Baffert has gone from one of the best advertisements for the CDI brand and moved into to the "Jarrett from Subway" category.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 02:38 PM   #18
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
CDI is all about their brand. With Gamine's DQ from the Oaks in 2020 for a positive (which she lost) and with all the post-Derby news in 2021 centering around Medina Spirit's positive, Churchill feels that Baffert has gone from one of the best advertisements for the CDI brand and moved into to the "Jarrett from Subway" category.
I wouldn't go that far, but it is true the Derby has a brand that extends to the general public and that the Baffert doping scandal is extremely damaging to that brand.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 03:13 PM   #19
dilanesp

Gamine gets cooked in a pace duel, which is what happens when Baffert doesn't have access to his medicine cabinet.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #20
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Gamine gets cooked in a pace duel, which is what happens when Baffert doesn't have access to his medicine cabinet.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:32 PM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
I'm not even sure how much of a duel it was to be honest, didn't look overly taxing but maybe the figures will tell a different story and it certainly fell apart late.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 03:38 PM   #22
dilanesp

Quote:
I'm not even sure how much of a duel it was to be honest, didn't look overly taxing but maybe the figures will tell a different story and it certainly fell apart late.
I think the horse joining the other two at the rail, so that Gamine was surrounded from about the 3/8th poll, really put a lot of pressure on her. That's a tough spot for any horse to be in. And of course the stayed out of it and swooped by them all.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:44 PM   #23
bisket

Quote:
I think the horse joining the other two at the rail, so that Gamine was surrounded from about the 3/8th poll, really put a lot of pressure on her. That's a tough spot for any horse to be in. And of course the stayed out of it and swooped by them all.
Especially for a horse that rarely has anyone around her.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #24
bisket

This is also one of the reasons I give a horse more credit at Del Mar when they've had a race over the track. The horse on the rail ran up on her on the turn. Gamine didn't run the turn as well as some of the others.
Old 11-06-2021, 03:52 PM   #25
burnsy
self medicated

To be fair. It’s the Breeders Cup, 2/5 is ridiculous. These guys on tv have been doing this as long as I have, some of them. Even Baffert knew that horse (Ce Ce) could win. They made her sound unbeatable..,,. Lol. There were 2 in there that could. One ran her down, the other cleaned up. Every race is like this, can’t just hype the hype. Guys are on there . “ Don’t know how you beat her.” For real?
It’s one race . There aren’t many singles today. I’m not gonna single a race.

Last edited by burnsy; 11-06-2021 at 03:54 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 04:05 PM   #26
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
This is also one of the reasons I give a horse more credit at Del Mar when they've had a race over the track. The horse on the rail ran up on her on the turn. Gamine didn't run the turn as well as some of the others.
She hasn't looked good all year and has been getting out in the lane.
Old 11-06-2021, 06:27 PM   #27
GMB@BP

Quote:
She hasn't looked good all year and has been getting out in the lane.
wait, it wasnt the lack of drugs today, i am confused.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 06:40 PM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
wait, it wasnt the lack of drugs today, i am confused.
Maybe she's been off drugs all year, the positives were last year.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:00 PM   #29
GMB@BP

Quote:
Maybe she's been off drugs all year, the positives were last year.
yea, solid theory. Baffert probably knows 2 years of his drugs is the max and backed off this year.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2021, 07:19 PM   #30
bisket

LOL He blew the Distaff wide open. I thought for sure he was going to do that to Life is Good

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: