Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 11-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
Teach

Freehold: Saturday, November 21

Race One:

6 WOODMERE ULTIMATE. This veteran pacer had no chance in his last from his outside starting post. Last week, the field of eight was “walking” around the Freehold Raceway oval (“no right lines”). This Abercrombie-bred made his move on the backstretch at the 5/8th poll; yet he was coming, as they say, from downtown Freehold; he had to go three-wide behind a tiring horse. Austin Siegelman then took this gelding back to the inside. He ended up finishing 5th. As the standardbred handicapping-philosopher once said “When the pace is slow; late-closers make little dough.” Yet he showed energy. To put it simply, I believe this P.E.I.-bred deserves consideration. Austin Siegelman reprises the drive for trainer Laurie Molnar. Others: 2 Zindelight; 1 Ring Warrior; 5 Somesurfsomewhere.

Race Two:

As the Nat King Cole Trio once sang (Bobby Troup wrote the lyrics) “Get Your Kicks on Route 66.” As you may have deduced, I’m going for a 6-6 early double. Last week, I liked 6 NOTORIOUS to be “in the mix,” but he wasn’t. This 4-year old got caught up in last week’s swift early fractions; that was his undoing: :27.4, :56.4. This Nova Scotia-bred began to fade during his second trip around the Freehold oval (as it turned out, it developed into a two-horse race, the eventual winner, Kept Under Wraps A, and the 2nd place finisher, Southern Allie). Even though this Malicious-bred is stepping up, I believe he’s a “contendah.” Jim Marshall III is back in the sulky for trainer Bob Bongiorno. Others: 3 Lunatic Fringe; 1 Brickyard Veltic; 4 Some Power.

Race Three:

4 KEYSTONE MAXIM. This Western Ideal-bred looked, last week, as the field reached the top of the stretch, like he had his maiden-breaking win all sewed up only to be nipped at the wire by Steve Smith who was piloting Dragon Again. That was this 4-year old’s 3rd- straight runner-up finish. Ughh! In fact, this Allie Reynolds-trainee is winless in 22 starts. Yet, this gelding has hit the board in over half his lifetime tries. I would suggest that this is the kinda race in which you might consider: “buying insurance.” Tyler Miller, from “Orange Crush Country,” is again in the bike. Others: 5 Kentucky Proud; 1 Brickyard Vixen; 6 Look And Sea

Race Four:

1 ANDWIN HANOVER appears to be, looks like “da horse.” Yet I’d be less than candid id I didn’t say that this race is “a toughie.” I guess what I’m tryin’ to say is that this Jack Pelling-driven, John Urbanski-trained 10-year old is no lead-pipe cinch. Now that I’ve hemmed, hawed and hedged, I still believe that if this Camluck-bred performs up to expectations…he wins. However, on the opposite side of the ledger, this gelding has won only once in 22 tries this year. Others: 4 Johnny Marshall; 2 Howmac Napoleon; 5 Gaius Crastinus.

Race Five:

3 BOOTS N CHAINS with Robert Hechkoff. Is my choice in this ADHC amateur trot. This 8-year old Yankee Glide-bred finished 3rd in his last at Yonkers a little over a week ago. This Garland Lobell-bred has been consistently picking up checks. I believe the right trip from a good stalking position could land this gelding in the winner’s circle. Kyle Spagnola trains. Others: 4 Ooh Rah; 8 Mugshot Jess; 5 Fiji.

Race Six:

3 SPIRIT OF TRUTH just missed last week in this company. Jim Marohn Jr. may put this Artiscape-bred bay gelding “on the engine”…and not look back. This No Nukes-bred has the kind of speed to win here. Brian Magie Jr. trains. Others: 4 Mountain High; 2 Sossy’s King Kong; 1 Valrhona;

Race Seven:

4 ON ACCIDENT returns to the Freehold oval after stops in Wilkes-Barre PA and East Rutherford, NJ. When last seen on Park Avenue, about one month ago, he won in the sizzling time of 1:54.1. Any repeat of that effort puts this Well Said-bred in the winner’s circle. Mitchell Cushing reprises the drive for trainer Tim Lancaster. Others: 7 Buddy Hill; 3 Lear Seelster; 6 Lyons William

Race Eight:

3 TIE YOUR SHOE ED
drops down after finishing 6th against better from an outside starting post. This Jereme’s Jet-bred now move inside to a better starting post. Jim Marshall III drives for trainer John Bavosi. Others: 4 Coach Cal; 5 Haymitch; 10 Jerrytone.

Race Nine:

1 ROCKINWITHTHEBEST
drops down and moves inside. That could very well be a prescription for a trip to the winner’s circle. Mitchell Cushing is in the sulky for trainer Brandon Mangiello. Others: 4 Ohio Vintage; 2 Canbec Kingkazimir; 3 Papiamento.

Race Ten:

6 BLACK DAN went off at 8/5 in this company last week, but he didn’t fire. This If I Can Dream-bred can make amends this week. E.A., Eric Abbatiello, is in the bike for trainer David Wiskow. An alert start would appear to be important for this 4-year old to be in contention. Others: 3 MaaJaackkobe; 4 Go Sue Me; 5 Rockin Roger

Race Eleven:

4 ALBERTO CONTADOR N. This 12-year old Bettor’s Delight-bred holds a class-edge on these. Steve Smith is in the bike for trainer Darran Cassar. Others: 2 Mister Indiana; 1 Ultimate Flyer N; 3 Northern Rock.

Race Twelve:

2 LET’S GET REAL is my pick in the Freehold finale. This lightly-raced 11-year old holds a class-edge on these. Mitchell Cushing reprises the drive for trainer Mario Letizia. Others: 5 Prom King; 3 Momma’s Artist; 6 Elusive Bubble.

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2020, 05:48 AM   #2
HWIG

Wink

Nice Handicap,
it's good to see someone around here actually doing a HANDICAP!

HWIG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply