Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #256
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
I didn't know that he had another user name. Does this indicate that he was asked to leave once before and then came back under another user name? That has happened several times at this site.
I don't know of the circumstance of him acquiring a new handle but as I recall he mentioned it a few years ago. And, he's still riled up!! Being banned, now he's probably just P.O.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-07-2016 at 06:25 PM.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #257
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Bring him back and I will give him 20,000.
Tom, I can't believe a good conservative like you would advocate "post redistribution"
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2016, 07:56 PM   #258
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
I don't know of the circumstance of him acquiring a new handle but as I recall he mentioned it a few years ago.
I think he said he forgot what his allriledup handle password was. So he started a new account.The rest is history.
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #259
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
I think he said he forgot what his allriledup handle password was. So he started a new account.The rest is history.
SRU if you read this, reset the password and COME BACK !!!!
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #260
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Maybe for SRU and maybe others, a count shouldn't be given. Instead, maybe something like McDonalds had to change to after they passed 99 Billion, now they just say Billions Served. So, "Posts: Thousands" or "Tens of Thousands"
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #261
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 'StatMan'
Maybe for SRU and maybe others, a count shouldn't be given. Instead, maybe something like McDonalds had to change to after they passed 99 Billion, now they just say Billions Served. So, "Posts: Thousands" or "Tens of Thousands"
Why does it matter what your "count" is? Does that mean diddley? Does that impress people? Does it make your opinion the right one?

NO, to all the above. It might just mean that you need a hobby!

Last edited by jk3521; 06-08-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #262
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I find it odd that both Thaskalos and ReplayRandall's last posts were on the same day from the same thread from the same page.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...4&page=2&pp=15
ReplayRandall got pissed. He was pissed at me. That isn't why he left. He was pissed at the board in general. But he let me know he was pissed at me.

I thought he got a little touchy and unreasonable, but he was angry. I was hoping it would just be a hiatus because he was a good contributor, but who knows.

Thask is a bummer of a loss. That guy was sharp in a multitude of ways.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2016, 09:01 PM   #263
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximity
again by "background" i'm not talking about his job but his gambling and racing history. what's his home track? his betting style? did he use the sartin methodology? ed bain?? the ragozin sheets??? or is he an owner who never bets and is sick of losing to "juice." ie did we chew any of the same dirt in our racing and gambling lives? stuff like this helps us better understand why he was "riled up" about so many things. fwiw i'm sorry to see him gone but also trust the judgement of the powers that be here who have done a great job over the years. jmo
He started getting into replay watching. He was remarking near the end about things he had seen on replays. I kind of wanted to see what he was trying to do, but by the time I'd see his posts and could post myself, he was off and running in another direction. SRU was more than happy to learn a lesson or two from posters he liked. you could see the respect he has for EMD4ME (Well deserved, might I add)
Old 06-19-2016, 09:08 PM   #264
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
I'm a grinder.
No kidding. I've been waiting for you to hit 75K for a couple weeks. I thought you were going to blow right through it. Instead, you're still just creaping up on it.

The constant, mesmerizing drone that is Tom. Steady as she goes.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:31 PM   #265
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Why does it matter what your "count" is? Does that mean diddley? Does that impress people? Does it make your opinion the right one?

NO, to all the above. It might just mean that you need a hobby!
That part regarding his posting was a running gag which he was happy participating. He had a good sense of humor with most of his posts and his quick sense of analysis of situations whether he was correct or incorrect didn't matter to him.

Last edited by whodoyoulike; 06-19-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #266
jk3521
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
That part regarding his posting was a running gag which he was happy participating. He had a good sense of humor with most of his posts and his quick sense of analysis of situations whether he was correct or incorrect didn't matter to him.
SRU never took the criticism seriously, and never reverted to name calling, unlike some frequent posters here. If you don't agree, you don't agree. No skin off anybodys back, we are anonymous here. I don't really care what you think, I don't have to deal with you in my daily life. I'll just put you on my "ignore list".
Old 06-20-2016, 09:05 AM   #267
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

For the record, I still miss SRU. We should allow him back please.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #268
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
SRU never took the criticism seriously, and never reverted to name calling, unlike some frequent posters here. If you don't agree, you don't agree. No skin off anybodys back, we are anonymous here. I don't really care what you think, I don't have to deal with you in my daily life. I'll just put you on my "ignore list".
I don't understand why you would place me on your "ignore list" based on my previous response to you. But, I probably can come up with a really reason just give me another chance.
Old 06-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #269
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
For the record, I still miss SRU. We should allow him back please.
Was he banned?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #270
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
Was he banned?
he was banned about 100 posts ago in this thread.

in the karl broberg thread he was driving cj (only like probably the best poster in the history of the board) away from the site. i shouldn't have to spell this out for great handicappers..... they should have seen it coming.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=275

Last edited by proximity; 06-20-2016 at 10:28 PM.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply