Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-13-2017, 11:00 PM   #31
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
For those that asked about proper princess in the 2nd today at GP another nice second at 10/1...she is one game little lady.
One fast, where did you post your selection of Gamer Girl prior to the original poster...? I looked but couldn't find where...?
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 11:04 PM   #32
TiffaniO
Queen B

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
One fast, where did you post your selection of Gamer Girl prior to the original poster...? I looked but couldn't find where...?
I don’t think this was a selection since he said he didn’t bet... this was his horse from what I have gathered
TiffaniO is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2017, 11:08 PM   #33
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
I don’t think this was a selection since he said he didn’t bet... this was his horse from what I have gathered
OK I get it...he owns the horse and the OP knew about that.... thanks.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #34
onefast99

I don’t believe I have ever posted on the forum that I like my horse in a race. As I mentioned gamer was going to be a pony for my daughter if she didn’t show me signs of being a race horse. In regards to yesterday’s race two forum members reached out to me and asked if I had a chance all you had to do was look at proper princess record at GP and she had a good chance. I also do not bet on my horses.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:23 AM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Maybe you should!
Old 12-14-2017, 10:37 AM   #36
castaway01

Quote:
I don’t believe I have ever posted on the forum that I like my horse in a race. As I mentioned gamer was going to be a pony for my daughter if she didn’t show me signs of being a race horse. In regards to yesterday’s race two forum members reached out to me and asked if I had a chance all you had to do was look at proper princess record at GP and she had a good chance. I also do not bet on my horses.
Just give us the 100-1 and up live ones and we'll be fine

Seriously though, congratulations on your success. Hope you get the winner's share next time.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #37
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Maybe you should!
I like getting the purse monies!!! Finishing second pays the bills, I do have one going Monday but as I tell everyone they all have a chance but don't beat me up when they don't win...
Old 01-10-2018, 03:49 PM   #38
jay68802

Another second, If it helps, I was trying to encourage her from my desk. Good luck next time.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2018, 05:42 PM   #39
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Another second, If it helps, I was trying to encourage her from my desk. Good luck next time.
lost all chance with Proper Princess in the first today as the jock got shuffled back when squeezed by the 4 and the 2. Gamer Girl had the race won today but the loose horse caused the jock to get a bit cautious and the big favorite(dropping in from a 50k claimer)passed us. I think the odds were a bit less than 105/1 somewhere in the 7/2 range. She is one big lady who should eventually win this maiden event. For those who look at key races the winner of the last race Gamer was in went on to an easy score in a nw2l with a 70 Beyer last week....
Old 01-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #40
oughtoh

She ran a good race today. Thought she had it turning for home. At least you got a paycheck.
oughtoh is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #41
jay68802

That loose horse seemed to distract both the rider and her. I think you are right shes at the right level and should win sometime. Good luck with her. I will keep an eye out for her and cheer.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:17 PM   #42
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
That loose horse seemed to distract both the rider and her. I think you are right shes at the right level and should win sometime. Good luck with her. I will keep an eye out for her and cheer.
Since she is a work in progress 3 to 4 weeks for her next race will try 5 1/2f as well. Jockey came back and said the 3 horse was a major distraction.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:39 AM   #43
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
A New York-based handicapper whom I had never heard of before published a handicapping book in 2002. He titled the book "BLINKERS OFF"...and I quickly bought it because I thought it would be about the favorite handicapping angle of a close friend of mine. Alas...the book proved to be just an expensive "advertisement" for the author's newly-formed website "Equiform"...which sold a set of speed and pace figures called "The XTRAS". Since the book seemed utterly worthless to anyone who wasn't an Equiform customer...I tossed it aside and never touched it again for another 15 years.

In April of this year...I became a subscriber to the speed and pace figures of Jim Cramer, of HDW fame. The more I read about Jim Cramer's figures...the more they seemed to resemble those figures called "The XTRAS", in that long-forgotten book of 15 years ago. I quickly retrieved that book from the "forgotten pile"...and read it again, with Jim Cramer's HDW figures as an accompaniment. It was an eye-opening experience that will forever influence my handicapping from now on...and I mention this in this thread because horses such as the one featured here will never again be ignored by the handicapper who remembers the wise words of Cary Fotias...the author of the aforementioned book "Blinkers Off". And NO...one needn't be a HDW customer in order to utilize Fotias's handicapping ideas. Cj's speed and pace figures will do just as well, I am sure.

Sadly...Cary Fotias passed away at the young age of 60, in 2013. I owe him a debt of gratitude...and you will too, if you read his handicapping book and heed his advice...as an accompaniment to your speed/pace handicapping.

https://www.amazon.com/Blinkers-off-...s=blinkers+off
fotias work has carried on with the new name of predicteform.....you can read the book online if you register at the site.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:02 PM   #44
Grits

Quote:
So you play horses based on your handicapping skills and what I see in your comments is that every race the "predictable" horse should win? Do you post when the 1/5 shot runs off the board and others in the race pay huge numbers to place and show? Again this was the lowest level maiden claimer offered at GP and not the first or last time you will see a 99/1 shot make it into the exacta or trifecta or super or even win.
I had a NY bred who was 89/1 and at that time set off the largest trifecta and exacta ever at Aqueduct. And I didn't bet a dime on her...go look up Contemptuous...
Fast, I'm glad your girl ran second at HUGE. He's not contemptuous. The real truth is he's just whining because he didn't have her!!
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2018, 12:35 PM   #45
jay68802

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: